Runaways Vol. 2 #1-24 (Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona) (spoilers)

Runaways #4 cover.

Just startin' this thread because there still isn't an "official" Runaways thread. So here it is and I'm starting it off with the cover to #4, which IMO is amazing.

RUNAWAYS_4image_big.jpg

Runaways #2 Discussion (Spoilers)

Who is Victor's father?

He's leaning towards Electro or Magneto in my opinion with what he's show us in powers.

Anyway decent issue. I wasn't terribly impressed by it but it wasn't too bad. Best part of it was the flashback scene.

Does anyone else think that Nico kicks ***. Definitely my favorite runaway. How 'bout if the spell on Alex really didn't work? I have my doubts.

I'm going out to the comic book store soon, must....get...runaways....

Ugh, I figured they would lean towards Magneto as the father. Magneto was a busy busy man in his prime...

I read it. It was cool. Maybe I should start buying that book...

Oh, and the guy from the future looked like Nightwing. In the face, he reaaaaally looked like Nightwing. I liked that.

iceman said:
I read it. It was cool. Maybe I should start buying that book...
YES! YOU SHOULD! It is indeed great! :mrgreen:

iceman said:
Oh, and the guy from the future looked like Nightwing. In the face, he reaaaaally looked like Nightwing. I liked that.
Yeah, he did, but it was, of course, Victor Mancha.

I went into my comics shop yesterday and saw Runaways #2 on the rack. Having heard passing comments on this board about how it is good, and then noticing Vaughan was the writer (and having just fallen in love with the UXM Most Dangerous Game arc) I flipped through, liked the art (especially on the cover) and bought #2 and #1.

I have to say, I really, really enjoyed them. Even the older characters who are pathetic losers are written with care and love. I can't stand it when a pre-existing character who, simply because no one has written for him in years, is taken by a writer just so he can kill/maim/screw him to show how tough or cool their character is. Vaughan, despite having written these characters like Darkhawk as people who have lost everything and have realised that they're not special in any meaningful way still gives them distinction of character, backstories, and wonderful moments of story. So kudos to him.

Saying that, I could've sworn Runaways had more issues than just two.

It seems that I was right and must by the first volume next week. As someone who knows nothing about Runaways, it was easy to get into, though it definately *feels* like a sequel, its not hard to read.

I am extremely disappointed that there is a House of M crossover. It would seem that Victorious as Magneto's son would be the tie-in. That said, I hate crossovers.

I buy Runaways (or whatever) and I enjoy Runaways. I don't want, half way through the series, an issue to show up that discusses a story that occurred in another book. It would be like watching an episode of Sopranos that, for some reason, commented on what happened in Sex and the City (both HBO, both NY). It's out of place, and irrelevant. The only reason for it is marketing, and I have not time for that.

I thought with the advent of the Ultimate universe's policies of putting crossovers into stand alone minis would do away with this obvious gimmick, but as Disassembled and Identity Crisis proved, crossovers are staying. Blech.

In any case, really enjoying Runaways. Damn good book.

Bass said:
I am extremely disappointed that there is a House of M crossover. It would seem that Victorious as Magneto's son would be the tie-in. That said, I hate crossovers.

I buy Runaways (or whatever) and I enjoy Runaways. I don't want, half way through the series, an issue to show up that discusses a story that occurred in another book. It would be like watching an episode of Sopranos that, for some reason, commented on what happened in Sex and the City (both HBO, both NY). It's out of place, and irrelevant. The only reason for it is marketing, and I have not time for that.

I thought with the advent of the Ultimate universe's policies of putting crossovers into stand alone minis would do away with this obvious gimmick, but as Disassembled and Identity Crisis proved, crossovers are staying. Blech.

In any case, really enjoying Runaways. Damn good book.

I agree completely about your view on Crossovers.... but i Have to say I did enjoy Identity Crisis. I wasn't a fan of Disassembled tho. DC Crossovers happen, they are how they keep any sense of Continuity, and it gives their comics a Mythology. Marvel Crossovers get forgotten quickly, the only successful one I can remember liking was Age of Apocalypse.

(took me long enough to find this thread)

i thought that this was a good building up issue, it explained a little bit about what happens in the future and what victors powers are, for those of you haven't gotten it...

Victor has some sort'a power over metal; he sort'a uses it to fend off the runaways, before Nico KO's him with a kick to the head.

and if i had a scanner i would scan in a pic of the Excelsior at the end. but i don't, but it was a nice a** panel.

That's a nice cover. Thanks nigma. So if he has control over metal, then it's leaning towards Mags as the father a lot. But then he could be jsut some random mutant with any of those villains as a father. I mean look at mags children already. Pietro and Wanda's powers have nothing to do with metal.

none of mage childern have metal powers, but then again this is meant to draw in new readers so.....

Latest posts

Back