Runaways Vol. 2 #1-24 (Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona) (spoilers)

GAH!

This story is cool. For those who don't know, Hisako is currently a student at Xaviers.

Anyone have a guess on who Victor Mancha's pappa is?
Personally, I'm leaning towards being named for his father Victor von Doom. That is, just a guess.

Runaways runs out!

[IMGL]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/icycleman/Runaways1.jpg[/IMGL]The Runaways Vol. 2 #1 issue has completely...run out of copies! (Pun intended). The issue has sold out the same day it hit the stores. No one had nothing to re-order from.

"According to co-creator and writer Brian K. Vaughan, Runaways Vol.2 #1 sold out at Marvel on Wednesday, the day it reached stores. This means that Marvel has, despite what Vaughan said was a "pretty generous overprinting" no copies left for retailers to reorder to fill demand.

But, as Vaughan posted – he's been told that a second printing is coming:

"…despite a pretty generous overprinting by Marvel, the first issue of Runaways apparently completely sold out on the very first day it was released. So while your friendly neighborhood retailer might still have one last copy on her shelf, she normally wouldn't be able to order more for those of you sad sacks who missed out. I say "normally," because Marvel just called to tell me that they're rushing back to press for a second printing, which will have an all-new cover by none other than the Runaways' co-creator, master of fashion Adrian Alphona!

"A lot of people thought we were insane to relaunch our cult hit in this competitive marketplace, so I have to thank all of you who gave our new first issue a shot, and Joe Q. and Dan B. at Marvel for making it possible. It wasn't too long ago that a little book called X-Men got canceled, only to rise phoenix-like from the ashes to become the sales juggernaut it is today. Similarly, Adrian, Craig, Christina, Randy, Jo, Mac, C.B., and I won't stop until our kids control the world!"

Taken from: Newsarama on Runaways sellout.

Last edited:
Here's my first problem... a lot of these threads are labeled like this one. I'm not looking for a discussion on this issue I'm looking for a General Official Runaways thread. I thought I found it but I have lost it? Or it's gone? I don't know. I think it's easier if we just have a threads that say "Runaways Discussion" or something... so we don't have to merge and close threads and go looking around. Anyone feel me here?

Anyway to what my concern is? Karolina is a lesbian right? She said she's in love with someone and she's having the same "I'm a loner" attitude that Colossus was having. I mean the parallels are uncanny to Colossus. and then at the end of "Good Die Young" she blushes when Nico says she's done with boys... Was she already outed?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Here's my first problem... a lot of these threads are labeled like this one. I'm not looking for a discussion on this issue I'm looking for a General Official Runaways thread. I thought I found it but I have lost it? Or it's gone? I don't know. I think it's easier if we just have a threads that say "Runaways Discussion" or something... so we don't have to merge and close threads and go looking around. Anyone feel me here?

Anyway to what my concern is? Karolina is a lesbian right? She said she's in love with someone and she's having the same "I'm a loner" attitude that Colossus was having. I mean the parallels are uncanny to Colossus. and then at the end of "Good Die Young" she blushes when Nico says she's done with boys... Was she already outed?

My vote is that Kaolina's a lesbian, last issuie of volume one where Karolina and Nico are holding hands whent he frog jumps off.

i wanna know who's the big guy in red that lil molly was tossing.

and this is going to be a nice issue, Gerts so heartless, and Chase so mad, can't blame the guy Alex tried to have him drown

I don't believe this has been posted yet. Good job MWOF. On that note though, you can just post them in the Previews thread, in the General Comics Discussion forum IIRC.

Its a funky cover, I liked Excelsior, its got an interesting mix of characters. The plot is being developed rather than just having them show up out of nowhere which I like. I really like how this is all developing.

The preview was awesome. BKV is doing an excellent job with the characters progression. I can't wait to read the whole thing.

The groupp with Chamber, "Excelsior", are old super heroes who basically gave up the gig. Why exactly they're formed, I am not sure. But I do know that they're first job is to hunt down the Runaways.

TheManWithoutFear said:
And who are they and where are the individual members from?
I posted that in the Runaways #1 spoilers thread. All the members of Excelsior are named there, and who they were.

They're a bunch of old super-hero's. I'm pretty sure we talked about this in the Runaways #1 thread. Chamber's a Generation X/X-men character, Phil Urich is the good Green Goblin, Julie Power was in Power Pack, Ricochet was somehow connected to Spider-man and I can't remember who I've forgotten

Caduceus said:
They're a bunch of old super-hero's. I'm pretty sure we talked about this in the Runaways #1 thread. Chamber's a Generation X/X-men character, Phil Urich is the good Green Goblin, Julie Power was in Power Pack, Ricochet was somehow connected to Spider-man and I can't remember who I've forgotten

Well I'll see if I can dig that list up somewhere.

Latest posts

Back