Runaways Vol. 2 #1-24 (Brian K. Vaughan/Adrian Alphona) (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought Polaris ended up not being Magneto's kid.
Nope. It was confirmed in the "Of Darkest Nights" arc in Uncanny that Polaris is indeed the daughter of Magneto, being the half-sister to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. She has told it to them, in their face, but Magneto does not know. This was an old idea from a long time ago, that Austen brought back, and made it official.

So now, Magneto has 4 kids, with his first child dead. I still say that he will not ve given any more kids, cuz, come on, how many kids will Mganeo actually have? And for those who think Mag's the father cuz the kid can control metal-just cuz the kid does, doesn't automatically make him Mags kid.

I hope Victor's father isn't Magneto. I think Magneto is the obvious answer, so I don't think he will be.

Can someone tell me what powers Julie Power has? Rainbow flight????

Her adopted parents were humans. Her biological mother wasn't revealed. I think Magneto being her father will be retconned with the House of M much like all other Austen stuff.

Irish_4204 said:
Her adopted parents were humans. Her biological mother wasn't revealed. I think Magneto being her father will be retconned with the House of M much like all other Austen stuff.
It was a retcon in the first place. Which made Zaladane all the more confusing. Welcome to 616 continuity :?

This is off topic but... I always thought one of the best aspects/angles to Magneto's character was the whole relationship with a "flatscan" human, a species he's supposedly hates. I don't know if any of those stories were touched upon in 616 but I'm not a fan of Magneto sleeping around with a bunch of women, I'd rather see him as a one woman guy.

I think Victor's powers being "magnetic" in nature links him too closely to Magneto that it's a red herring. Even if Vaughan had chosen to make Victor's father Magneto, he would have chosen a much subtler way of hinting at it.

On the other hand, there is still no proof whether or not Victor's powers are magnetic in nature yet: All we saw was a bunch of bleachers shape themselves into a giant hand. For all we know, he just has control over inorganic matter or he has a specialized form of telekinesis.

TheManWithoutFear said:
This is off topic but... I always thought one of the best aspects/angles to Magneto's character was the whole relationship with a "flatscan" human, a species he's supposedly hates. I don't know if any of those stories were touched upon in 616 but I'm not a fan of Magneto sleeping around with a bunch of women, I'd rather see him as a one woman guy.
Seem that way as it may, it hasn't been the case. I may need to check but I believe that his wife Magda was the mother of The Twins, but Anya, the older daughter had a different mother. I also believe that he had a relationship with Amelia Vought (as did Charles), a relationship with Lorna's mother (at this point), Rogue and no doubt, many more. He's not Wolverine, Gambit or Havok bad but he still gets around. Anyone else has anything to say, start a new thread for it and I'll put this stuff in there. If not, back to Runaways

I don't really like the idea of Victor being Mag's son but its starting to look more and more likely. Doom is still a possibility in my mind though, as is Kingpin.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I guess I always pictured her shorter and chubbier with baby fat ya know?
In the covers she always appeared a little older. But she was always skinny. Never had any baby fat, though... :?

Cover to Runaways #6.

Here is the cover to the first arc of Runaways, Vol. 2, "True Believers."

Runaways6.jpg

Last edited:
Runaways #3 Discussions (Spoilers)

Great Great issue. The runaways don't take **** from anyone. Darkhawk was insanely cool and just so dark.

I actually found Karolina and Julie talking really funny.

Also, I was a huge Jurassic Park fan and when I first read this title I thought about what kind of Dinosaur Gert's was. I knew it was too big to be a Velociraptor but just figured it was a mistake by the creative teams. Loved how Victor pointed out it to be a Deinonychus. probably my favorite moment.

The last panel... hmmm what do we think now? Not Magneto. Someone rich and within the United States. Not Doom. Someone more or less human. Not Mephisto. I just don't know... If #2 brought us closer to finding out #3 took us a few steps back.

I'm still holdin' on to my thought of Kingpin. I don't think it's Doom, since that's not the way Doom talks, and what's the point of changing how someone speaks just to do what you want? I did love the fight where the Excelsiors fought themselves. That was funny. And when the Runaways left, the little boy in the tin can suit thingy from before was there laying on the floor. That had me LAMO! :lol:

Overall, great issue again. 8)

Latest posts

Back