Runaways Vol. 2 #25-30 (Joss Whedon/Michael Ryan) (Spoilers)

Re: Runaways series discussion (spoilers)

I'm excited. I haven't really been enjoying Whedon's run and I can't wait to get the Runaways back to LA and back to the right time of course.

Also Chase with powers.:rockon:

I liked the idea of Ramos on Runaways before I saw his work on the Runaways Saga and it was terrible.

Terry Moore is okay, I guess.

Dropped.

I liked the idea of Ramos on Runaways before I saw his work on the Runaways Saga and it was terrible.

Terry Moore is okay, I guess.

Dropped.

Joe...if you manage to stay on this title through Whedon's run...at least give Moore two or three issues to prove himself.

(Foolsfolly then goes back to bashing Loeb and Mad on the very principle of Ultimates 3 without reading it)

Joe...if you manage to stay on this title through Whedon's run...at least give Moore two or three issues to prove himself.

(Foolsfolly then goes back to bashing Loeb and Mad on the very principle of Ultimates 3 without reading it)

I'm only staying with Whedon because I hate dropping in mid arc.

Plus the release schedule is so erratic it doesn't really hurt me to buy one extra book every few months.

But I really have no connection to these characters anymore and if I continue with the series at all after Whedon it will be in collected editions.

I totally understand. I don't think Joss has a real good grasp on these characters. It's a bit meh and I really don't care anymore.

I also get the hatred after that interview with Moore, he sounds almost as if he's planning to bring back superhero names and bring in costumes since he's obsessed with their power levels.

And I don't want to see Runaways as a traditional superhero team book, they're somewhat more than that. But he could be good and I'm willing to hope for that since I'm a fan of the Runaways and I'd like to see them last more than a dozen issues after Vaughan left the title.

That all said, I will drop the book the moment they get bright colored costumes.

NRAMA: Victor?

TM: I believe the predictions about Victor.

NRAMA: Wow. That's not good for Victor. Or anybody else, really.

TM: Yeah. Yeah. Early on, when Victor was introduced to the series, the predictions were not good. And I believed every word I read. Let me just put it that way.

NRAMA: Well, he is the son of Ultron! That's even worse than being a Skrull, isn't it?

TM: [laughs] You know, you can only do so much about genetics.

That statement killed a little part of my soul. I want Victor to be good, but the story he's suggesting could be good and I could accept it. However: Using the word "genetics" to describe robot genealogy is just... ugh. CAPTAIN SEMANTICS STRIKES AGAIN!

"There are two kinds of basic threats that I think my group is going to have to deal with," Moore continued. "One of them is one that's in your face but while you're dealing with that the raptor on the side gets you. So it's going to be a more complex story than what's first apparent on the page. Also I believe that we've established that anything can happen in these characters' world, including that it's very hard to keep a good character dead."

A) That metaphor made no sense.

B) "...it's very hard to keep a good character dead." *apoplexy*

Man, I don't know why I'm being so pessimistic, but I'm really getting a bad feeling about this.

The first quote is from here and the second is from here.

His marvel video made me very, very fearful of Gert being resurrected. \

Brian K. Vaughan, Brian K. Vaughan, you're our only hope...

Not reading. It's been what? 3 months? 4 months?

I want each 22 pages to disappoint me or dazzle me all at once because it might be just as long or longer until the next installment.

Really? I thought Terry Moore was doing SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE. :?

Then I am extra excited, because I love Terry Moore.

Latest posts

Back