Secret Invasion discussion [Spoilers]

How would you rate Secret Invasion?

• Total voters
I think it said he was a mutant Inhuman or some weird crap like that.

"He" is Kl'Byn a the last Skrull Eternal (yes they have them too), he was killed and replaced by Mikaboshi the Japanese god of mischief (The bad guy in the Ares mini).

E, Bother with Incredible Hercules, the SI tie-in of that book was fantastic.

I just bought the first Incredible Hercules Hardcover online NEW for 5 dollars. Unfortunately, it starts while the book is still Hulk, which I don't really understand. Was it like a gradual passing of the torch over the course of an arc or something?

Whatever the case, I hope I like it well enough to buy the next arc in trade paperback at full price. Shouldn't be too hard, I've heard nothing but great things about Hercules.

But Back On Topic.

Marvel Announces Secret Invasion #8 Ship Date Change

Marvel would like to announce that the hotly anticipated, extra-sized Secret Invasion #8 will now arrive in stores on December 3rd, 2008. The top-selling comic book event of 2008, by award winning scribe Brian Michael Bendis and superstar artist Leinil Yu, concludes with this final issue that redefines the Marvel Universe and begins Dark Reign!

"The additional pages in #8 did both Leinil and the schedule in," explained Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. "Anybody who pored over the artwork from #7 a week ago can easily see how he and Mark Morales have been putting their all (and then some) into every page and every panel, and that effort has finally caught up with us. Hopefully, retailers and fans will forgive us these extra two weeks as we make sure that everything is in the shape it should be in for the extra-sized climax—and from there, it'll be smooth sailing straight into DARK REIGN."

Last edited:
Marvel Announces Secret Invasion #8 Ship Date Change

Marvel would like to announce that the hotly anticipated, extra-sized Secret Invasion #8 will now arrive in stores on December 3rd, 2008. The top-selling comic book event of 2008, by award winning scribe Brian Michael Bendis and superstar artist Leinil Yu, concludes with this final issue that redefines the Marvel Universe and begins Dark Reign!

"The additional pages in #8 did both Leinil and the schedule in," explained Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. "Anybody who pored over the artwork from #7 a week ago can easily see how he and Mark Morales have been putting their all (and then some) into every page and every panel, and that effort has finally caught up with us. Hopefully, retailers and fans will forgive us these extra two weeks as we make sure that everything is in the shape it should be in for the extra-sized climax—and from there, it'll be smooth sailing straight into DARK REIGN."

This is off topic, but this should mean Yu is moving on to Ultimate Hulk v Wolverine, correct? I'm MUCH more interested in seeing how that plays out.

Hey, it least only the last issue was late.
I'm looking at you Civil War.

This is off topic, but this should mean Yu is moving on to Ultimate Hulk v Wolverine, correct? I'm MUCH more interested in seeing how that plays out.
Correct. He's getting on that immediately after he finishes Secret Invasion.

It's like the Da Vinci Code all over again. :?

make joke? or do you not know what a "Nuff Said" issue is?

A "Nuff Said" Issue is when the whole issue is nothing but art, accept the last four or six pages where it's nothing but the text.

Last edited:
I just re-read #7 and I have to say, I am not enjoying this story much at all.

It was the Galactus Skrull really that did it for me.

This is just ridiculous now. It is just gratuitous fight scenes that don't make sense. If skrulls were copying Galactus' power, that fight would be pretty much over right then and there....right? Or can the giant girl from NA punch out Galactus? And honestly, is being Galactus a "duplicatable power set"?

For that matter is being a genuine god of thunder "duplicatable"? I mean, Thor doesn't really have "super powers". His "super power" is that he is A GOD. Yet somehow skrulls are able to duplicate that "ability" and then give him a run for his money in a fight? Even while he has the Odin power on top of it all?

Or is that being copied by skrulls also?

I just re-read #7 and I have to say, I am not enjoying this story much at all.

It was the Galactus Skrull really that did it for me.

This is just ridiculous now. It is just gratuitous fight scenes that don't make sense. If skrulls were copying Galactus' power, that fight would be pretty much over right then and there....right? Or can the giant girl from NA punch out Galactus? And honestly, is being Galactus a "duplicatable power set"?

For that matter is being a genuine god of thunder "duplicatable"? I mean, Thor doesn't really have "super powers". His "super power" is that he is A GOD. Yet somehow skrulls are able to duplicate that "ability" and then give him a run for his money in a fight? Even while he has the Odin power on top of it all?

Or is that being copied by skrulls also?

Any force that as the Nova Force, Power Cosmic, Phoenix Force, Thor's power, & Xavier & Emma's Physic abilities combined should be overwhelming.

The story would work better if the heroes were using guerrilla tactics to win instead of superhero battle royales.

Latest posts

Back