Though I trust anything Fury says with a grain of salt at the moment.

It was boring. I mainly skipped it. All I got from it was where Hydra was located.

I sense Bendis ripping off Ellis all over again

Hydra controlling Shield, a small group of super-humans trying to take them down?

Sounds like Nextwave to me

but then again I haven't read the issue yet

Read the issue. It's not anything like Nextwave.

I really loved it, and will certainly continue to pick it up. I look forward to Hickman dropping Bendis and being able to really run with the title.

Hydra controlling Shield, a small group of super-humans trying to take them down?

Wait........what really? No offence but now you're just grasping man.

Wait........what really? No offence but now you're just grasping man.

It's what I've surmised from reading summaries, I imagine alot of context was lost in translation

but let's looks at things for a second

Hate was a spoof on Shield, Silent was a spoof on Hydra, Silent controlled Hate, now apparently Hydra controls Shield, Bendis can't come up with an original idea to save his life, he's already ripped of Ellis' T-Bolts

?

I would be a lot more excited if Hickman was allowed to let loose with this series. I bet he has to hold back and do what Bendis wants.

I haven't read the issue yet but I definitely will - Hickman made awesome flow charts which got me excited for this series. Flow charts!

Hate was a spoof on Shield, Silent was a spoof on Hydra, Silent controlled Hate, now apparently Hydra controls Shield, Bendis can't come up with an original idea to save his life, he's already ripped of Ellis' T-Bolts

?

Hydra didn't control SHIELD, it merely had agents within SHIELD.

One of those Agents was Fury.

Hydra didn't control SHIELD, it merely had agents within SHIELD.

One of those Agents was Fury.

This isn't right... He had no idea he was working for Hydra. SHIELD was a covert subdivision of Hydra created by the people it had working within the government.

A small band of people taking on a big organization. That's a original idea.

I liked it for the most part. I'm confused on the Hydra angle, I hope it makes more sense.

Ok.....

While it's not stellar by any means (due to several factors), it's still pretty damn awesome.

Like everyone else, I'm waiting for Hickman to be able to just run with the story. In Wizard he's stated that he's already written the book (firm script to ideas) up to like issue #60. Bendis is helping him craft the story so far but the script is all Hickman.

One of the other detractors is the art. Caselli just isn't the right artist for a book like this. For an action-packed espionage book like this you want to go with someone with a grittier kind of style. Maybe someone like Deodato, Lark or Maleev. Personally I would've like to seen the guest artist from Capt America #39 (I have no clue what his name is).

This has the potential to be something awesome and a great tool to put Fury back in power...but it's still too early to tell. The charts and inserts at the back of the book were little treats to Hickman's fans. Anybody whose read Nightly News or Pax Romana, knows Hickman likes to throw those charts in his books (actually inside the book and concurrent with the story instead of at the end).

MORE CHARTS!!!!!

While I completely agree, I don't have a problem with Bendis easing Hickman into the Marvel universe for the first arc and then letting him take the reins from there.

:sick:

Let Bendis ruin his own books.

While I completely agree, I don't have a problem with Bendis easing Hickman into the Marvel universe for the first arc and then letting him take the reins from there.

I honestly have no problem with bendis advising anyone. He's a good writer just half the time he writes crap. Someone just needs to be able to say "no that's stupid" to him.

If it were Bendis simply advising him, I wouldn't have a problem with that either. And I don't hate Bendis - he's written a few of my favorite comics ever.

But 2 points here: 1) there is a difference between advising and helping craft and 2) I think Nightly News proved that Hickman has a pretty good grasp on what he's doing. Yes, I know it wasn't a superhero book and yes, I realize that there is a huge difference. But VVD's post made it seem like Bendis was having an active role in writing it.

But VVD's post made it seem like Bendis was having an active role in writing it.

Hurm.

Its possible.

When you look at the credits, it shows "Story By: Bendis/Hickman" and "Script By: Hickman". So who knows what they mean by story? I assume they collaborated on a detailed outline of how the story will play out (with both having equal input), but leave dialogue to Hickman.

And if that's the case, then I don't have a problem with Bendis being on the book for a couple issue.

Latest posts

Back