Just read #1 - I'm surprised you guys aren't making more of a big deal out of this. Fury has been the head of Hydra this whole time? That's a pretty radical concept.

Just read #1 - I'm surprised you guys aren't making more of a big deal out of this. Fury has been the head of Hydra this whole time? That's a pretty radical concept.

That's what I got out of it, but evidently, the more comicly intuned people are get this out of it.

This isn't right... He had no idea he was working for Hydra. SHIELD was a covert subdivision of Hydra created by the people it had working within the government.

I thought #2 was better than #1. We see more of Hydra and are introduced to the six heads. At the end of the issue, it is revealed that The Gorgon (the villain from Millar's first Wolverine run, Enemy of the State/Agent of SHIELD) is the sixth head of Hydra.

I think this is going to get a lot better as it goes along.

So, Gorgon is a huge badass.

Definitely. I doubt it will happen but I want to see Wolverine find out about his return and go after him. Wolverine/Gorgon Round 2.

Dugan!

This book is everything every comic should be.

Hickman was the perfect person to be doing Fury. I can't wait for this book to pick up steam.

My only complaint still is that neither Hickman or Bendis have reading Oeming's Ares which was canon for bring Ares into the MU. If they had, they'd know that Alex isn't Phobos (God of Fear).

I just finished the first trade and loved it. It's unpredictable but easy to follow, the writing is great, the relationships between a lot of the characters is almost flawless, and it's been said before but Hickman writes a great Nick Fury.

Can't wait to see who the secret bank roller is. Or How Osborn deals with Fury stealing 3 helicarriers.

I just finished the first trade and loved it. It's unpredictable but easy to follow, the writing is great, the relationships between a lot of the characters is almost flawless, and it's been said before but Hickman writes a great Nick Fury.

Can't wait to see who the secret bank roller is. Or How Osborn deals with Fury stealing 3 helicarriers.

It only gets better.

Is anybody still reading this? "Wheels Within Wheels" is freaking amazing. This is the Nick Fury and Hydra I always wanted to read. It is now really tie-ing into Hickman's SHIELD. This will be amazing to read again when it finishes.

i thought this series was up to be cancelled soon. I was going to wait until then and then pick up the trades I don't have yet.

Is the next issue the last, or just the conclusion of the arc? I just read the one where Nick Fury blew Baron von Strucker's brains out.

I really want to like this but there is a lot happening with confusing characters that I don't really care much about, and it's hard for me to follow.

Latest posts

Back