Seven Soldiers of Victory series discussion (spoilers)

A SOLDIER MUST DIE! Will it be...

• Total voters
Re: Comics for the week of Jan 31st!

MY GOD, THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

At the same time, with separate minis that tie into one? You have to admit it's a bit fishy.

At the same time, with separate minis that tie into one? You have to admit it's a bit fishy.

LIKE SALMON!

CAUSE IT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!

I'm done, none of you believe me but the two minis are completely different, go one with your stupid hate for no reason, you guys don't even read it anyways

LIKE SALMON!

CAUSE IT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!

I'm done, none of you believe me but the two minis are completely different, go one with your stupid hate for no reason, you guys don't even read it anyways

Of course they're completely different; Seven Soldiers is better. :)

I admit, I've only read the first couple Annihilations, but I don't see any rsemblence to Seven Soldiers at all. Now, I loved Seven Soldiers (except for Seven Soldiers 1), and I didn't like Annihilation, so I'm not defending it, but honestly, what is the connection?

Maybe it showed up after issue 1 of the main title, if so I haven't read it yet.

I admit, I've only read the first couple Annihilations, but I don't see any rsemblence to Seven Soldiers at all. Now, I loved Seven Soldiers (except for Seven Soldiers 1), and I didn't like Annihilation, so I'm not defending it, but honestly, what is the connection?

Maybe it showed up after issue 1 of the main title, if so I haven't read it yet.

It's not really a connection between the stories, just the format. Both series have a one shot that starts them off, then separate minis, which come together in a conclusion.

I didn't mean story-wise, I meant the structure of the story as a whole - a series of independent minis which tie together into a larger series. Again, I didn't read much of Annihilation to know how interwoven the minis are, but the most basic gist of the two stories is the same.

And Houde you keep saying that over and over, but I have yet to see you give an example of a story anything like Seven Soldiers.

I didn't mean story-wise, I meant the structure of the story as a whole - a series of independent minis which tie together into a larger series. Again, I didn't read much of Annihilation to know how interwoven the minis are, but the most basic gist of the two stories is the same.

And Houde you keep saying that over and over, but I have yet to see you give an example of a story anything like Seven Soldiers.

Don't use logic with Houde. It just doesn't work.

Wasn't Onslaught just in one book, then branched into several before being resolved in one book?

Wasn't DC vs. MArvel one book, which branched into several, then resolved in one book?

Hrmm...Age of Apoc was kinda the same thing, but I think that stayed towards the X-men side of things.

Wasn't Onslaught just in one book, then branched into several before being resolved in one book?

Wasn't DC vs. MArvel one book, which branched into several, then resolved in one book?

Hrmm...Age of Apoc was kinda the same thing, but I think that stayed towards the X-men side of things.

Those are crossovers. It's not the same thing.

Those are crossovers. It's not the same thing.

Not even close.

And Joe - I don't remember if you said already, but what didn't you like about Seven Soldiers #1?

Not even close.

And Joe - I don't remember if you said already, but what didn't you like about Seven Soldiers #1?

I think it was too confusing. It would have been a lot better if it was a bit more decompressed.

I think it was too confusing. It would have been a lot better if it was a bit more decompressed.

We definitely got ripped off by DC not allowing Morrison/Williams3 the full 80 pages they wanted.

Think about it - that would have been epic. One of the greatest comics ever made.

You can't skimp on the ending to such a huge story like that.

Still, it was a great ending.

Spoilers for 52...

At the gathering of superheroes, Klarion, Guardian and Shining Knight aren't there.

Just re-reading through this thread. I haven't read any of 52 but does it make sense to have Klarion appear at a gathering of superheroes??

We definitely got ripped off by DC not allowing Morrison/Williams3 the full 80 pages they wanted.

Think about it - that would have been epic. One of the greatest comics ever made.

You can't skimp on the ending to such a huge story like that.

Still, it was a great ending.

They wanted 80 pages?! :x

Well, Morrison's kind of upset about what DC's doing to Klarion. He's reinvented him in a cool way, and then DC just shove him back into his old magic roots.

The two issues of Robin that he appeared in were pretty cool though, but I have no idea where they fit in a timeline.

I get my trade tuesday with AXM Vol.3 and Lucifer Vol.1

I'm going to have a heart attack from the sheer sweetness of it all.

I enjoyed Klarion in Robin and thought it fit his character. It was even the same artist from his series.

Wow

I just read Seven Soldiers Number four, and I must say, Mister Miracle was my favorite, followed by Bulleteer and Shining Knight.

Bulleteer's character was so good for the fact that she never wanted to be a hero, yet was unwillingly thrown into the position, literally you might say. Her hair was the same color as the first hero's as well.

My question, who was the eighth soldier, the reader? Was it merely because we read the issue allowed the story to happen?

All the references to Cryus Gold? Were they to represent the resurrection nature of comic book stories?

Latest posts

Back