Siege (Bendis/Coipel)

E

Excelsior Club
Do we really not have a thread for Siege?! That's hilarious!

Re: Marvel: Your Universe Thread

It was rubbish.

Yeah, the lack of hype is pretty amazing. Compared to other more recent events, anyway.

I am completely indifferent. Maybe that will change as the series goes on, but I kind of doubt it. I'll read it, and I'll enjoy Coipel's art, But I'm sooooo sick of reading Bendis event books.

Bendis has turned Norman Osborn into one of my least favourite villains just after Warren Ellis made him cool again. :(

Last edited:
It was okay

a waste of Coipel's talent, and no reason for the disruption of JMS's run

Though the 2 panels of Sentry/Thor fight interested me, but it was brushed aside to fast

I must be the only one that loved it but I have been loving Dark Reign in general. It was far better then Civil War or Secret Invasion.

Last edited:
I must be the only one that loved it but I have been loving Dark Reign in general. It was far better then Civil War or Secret Invasion.

See, I loved Civil War and I liked Secret Invasion. I also quite like this issue of Siege I have read and am ready to see what happens when it is complete. I did NOT like Dark Reign. I enjoyed the idea, the concept. It went on for WAY too long and kind of played out what they could of done with it. Also, even though it was pretty much all Bendis it was like it was a cookie cutter. Norman shows up, does some illegal stuff to inconvenience the heroes "because he is above the law", twists his mustache, looses his cool, yells at the sentry and scene. That should only happen once. That should be your big dramatic moment before the siege, when we see the rock solid regime start to crack.

How much better would the Dark Reign have been if we saw nothing dark or shady, all we see of Norman is him doing completely above board, public things. He is doing really positive things and not giving anyone a reason to doubt him (like beating up Iron-Vegi on camera or filling the role of the Avengers with psychopaths and instead used some of those initiative people he shifted over to the thunderbolts. (Could have slipped one of them in an iron spider suit for spidey)The heroes don't buy it... they know he is a sociopath so they try to oust him and just come off as bigger dicks for it. Maybe instead of building his own Avengers he discredits them for the unprovoked attacks they keep making on him. Maybe use some stand-in Avengers for that once or twice to stage an attack. Then, just before Siege, in New Avengers, we see Clint finally figure out how to push his buttons. For the first time he slightly over extends his hand and we see just the tip of the iceberg of how deep his influence goes with the cabal when Dr. Doom shows up and bails him out. THEN we see all of the cabal stuff. We see how deep the rabbit hole goes and how much of a stranglehold Osborne has on these criminal masterminds. And before anyone has time to think "Why the **** is Loki listening to Norman Osborne?" he's orchestrating Siege (which I think we all know is a loki plot.) Maybe it isn't better but I think I would have enjoyed that story a lot more and it would have had proper weight to the event as opposed to being like "****ing finally... can we throw this psycho out of office yet?"

This was ok. I am looking forward to seeing Ares cutting off Norman's head and seeing Thor give Loki what he has coming. (Hopefully that will all actually happen) I am also looking forward to what MUST be the end of the whole Sentry thread. Please let someone kill him once and for all and be done with it. However I hated that Bendis basically de-powered Thor. He manhandles Stark easily yet suddenly he is beaten down by Norman and the U-Foes? Weak.

This was ok. I am looking forward to seeing Ares cutting off Norman's head and seeing Thor give Loki what he has coming. (Hopefully that will all actually happen) I am also looking forward to what MUST be the end of the whole Sentry thread. Please let someone kill him once and for all and be done with it. However I hated that Bendis basically de-powered Thor. He manhandles Stark easily yet suddenly he is beaten down by Norman and the U-Foes? Weak.

That wasn't Bendis... Thor gave up much of his power in fixing Mjiolnir

New avengers #64 solicit said:
"The staggering conclusion to the SIEGE arc delves into the Hood's secret relationship with Norman Osborn and how it will affect the stunning outcome.

Secret relationship? Seems kinda gay. :wink:

so, you think they'll go to a new Avengers ongoing with a new #1, or will they pick up the old books numbering, or will they incorparate NA/DA/MA/ATI's numbering into the original book and have the new numbering start at #664?

Latest posts

Back