Spider-Man Sins Past: brilliant or despicable? (spoilers, of course)

Sins Past: brilliant or despicable?

• Brilliant

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Despicable

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
icemastertron said:
Oh, woops. You know how those guys looks alike.

But they both dont like him. Must've confused another post of Ourchair, as I coulda sworn I read him putting him down, too.
Yeah, just not in this thread.

The first 2 or 3 issues of this arc were absolutely incredible to me as they came out.

In hindsight, however, I don't think this arc is anything special. It was actually the final arc in ASM that I bothered to buy.

Ok, I've popped in this thread a few times and I still don't know what it is.
What is all this sins past stuff?
Bear in mind that my knowledge of the regular universe and its goings on is limited. (relatively, obviously)

Guijllons said:
Ok, I've popped in this thread a few times and I still don't know what it is.
What is all this sins past stuff?
Bear in mind that my knowledge of the regular universe and its goings on is limited. (relatively, obviously)
It was an arc in ASM #509-514, in which there was a major revelation that Gwen and Norman had children.

Last edited:
I liked this Arc (i have also liked JMS's run so far)
It all ties in (in a way of course......), i don't think of Gwen as a slut now, she made a mistake..... and it also gives more reason for peter to hate Norman

Guijllons said:
Crikey. The premise seems interesting enough for me to have a looksee at any rate.

As I mentioned, you might want to check out "Death of Gwen Stacy" first to get the full backstory.

Shihad said:
and it also gives more reason for peter to hate Norman

Exactly. No clone garbage, no killing off a fake Aunt May, no coming back from the dead again...learning this in hindsight is the ultimate revenge for Osborn.

This story was so revolutionary it should've gotten better treatment. It should have been a mini instead of just an arc in ASM.

I thought it was brilliant. The artwork was incredible and I really liked the story.

UltimateE said:
Some might consider it sacrelig to say this, but I don't care for most 60's/70's/80's superhero comics. The corny dialogue just ruins stories for me. I blame it more on the Comics Code than any of the creative teams, but nonetheless it's there. I don't not respect or appreciate the comics for what they accomplished, I just find a lot of them unreadable.

Those are my views also.

Last edited:
My school library actually has this. I keep trying to pick it up, but the art is bad.

Though not as bad as Finch's... :D

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Sins Past II has been announced. It will go into detail about Black Cat's sexual relations with Doctor Octopus, and the resulting octuplets.

Last edited:
Doc Comic said:
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Sins Past II has been announced. It will go into detail about Black Cat's sexual relations with Doctor Octopus, and the resulting sixtuplets.
Didn't 'octuplets' sound right for some reason?

Here's what I thought, but to say it, I'm gonna spoil Chinatown, hence the tags. If you've not seen Chinatown, watch it first. It is a ****ing masterpiece. It's Jack Nicholson and it's just terrific.

In Chinatown, Jack Nicholson plays JJ Gittes who is a private investigator that gets drawn into a large conspiracy that involves the entire city of Los Angeles and an insane amount of property, money, and so forth. It's a huge, huge deal. Central to this is Noah Cross, who is the big businessman who is going to profit from the conspiracy. JJ Gittes has fallen in love with Noah Cross' daughter, Evelyn Mulray. Now, we discover that thisgirl who JJ Gittes has been chasing, believing to be Evelyn Mulray's now-dead husband's mistress is not a mistress at all, but in fact Evelyn Mulray's sister... and her daughter. In the script, Evelyn explains to JJ Gittes just why she slept with Noah Cross and how he had a breakdown after his wife died, the poor chap. It was cut because all it did was lessen Noah Cross' evil, made him too sympathetic and weakened the entire drama of the story.

In "Sins Past", JMS wrote in the scene that Roman Polanski cut out of Chinatown. The whole arc is just a bad version of Chinatown. Not because Gwen ****ed Norman. Simply because it just wasn't that well written.

icemastertron said:
Must've confused another post of Ourchair, as I coulda sworn I read him putting him down, too.
You are right.

But I don't think compound was saying he didn't like Deodato or not in his post. The "horror" that Deodato has subjected us to that compound was referring to was not the quality of his art per se, but the fact that he drew a Gwen Stacy POV shot looking at the lecherous Norman Osborn just about to get his freak on. That's just wrong.

ourchair said:
You are right.

But I don't think compound was saying he didn't like Deodato or not in his post. The "horror" that Deodato has subjected us to that compound was referring to was not the quality of his art per se, but the fact that he drew a Gwen Stacy POV shot looking at the lecherous Norman Osborn just about to get his freak on. That's just wrong.
Yeah, rereading what he said that's what it sounded like he was saying.
Dr.Strangefate said:
How many times has a green goblin died?
Well, Norman once (I think), Harry once, is that it? Someone else was a Green Goblin other than Phil, Harry's psych, I think, I wonder if he died.

Pandrio said:
Well, Norman once (I think)
At least two or three times. Harry died once, I believe Dr. Bart Hamilton died, then there was the heroic Phil Goblin who survived, and then there was the lame artificial "human construct" made as a failsafe by Norman. The last person to have the Green Goblin mantle was the male Osborn-Stacy twin.

Doc Comic said:
At least two or three times. Harry died once, I believe Dr. Bart Hamilton died, then there was the heroic Phil Goblin who survived, and then there was the lame artificial "human construct" made as a failsafe by Norman. The last person to have the Green Goblin mantle was the male Osborn-Stacy twin.
When else did Norman die, other than after Gwen died? I said Harry and wasn't sure of Dr. Hamilton, and that construct was new to me (when I read about it in this thread, I think) so I didn't think to put it. Otherwise with the question being how many "died", Phil or Gabriel aren't counted.

Latest posts

Back