So, who is it? (Ultimates 2 #5 spoilers)

Who is the traitor?

• Total voters
Instead of a nudge, I'd like it if Millar picked up that storyline, crushed it into a ball, and threw it off the top of the eiffel tower.

Anyway, did Scarlet Witch use her powers in UXM? I think her 'reality-warping' powers are probably considered to be her ability to create physical illusions, otherwise I'm sure Reed would like to meet her in regards to his N-Zone tech.

I think the nudge should more appropriately turn into a headbutt.
As far as I know there has been on absolute example of Wanda's power at all yet.

Now, I don't think it works in the same manner as I suggested, or as suggested in the book. It's not a reality warping power per se, but a realisation of all possible outcomes that could ever have happened from the year dot. Not saying that Thor would have been a seal, just undergone the same experience, with the same feeling of helplessness, translated from the situation of the seal to Thor's situation there and then.

No, you said SW could turn him into a seal.

Admit it, you lying fraud.

Admit it or I'll make you read Avengers Disassembled. You've seen A Clockwork Orange? It'll be like that. But 1000 times worse. Oh, sure there's like one nice bit in the whole thing, but it won't make up for all the nonsense. And you'll be sick inside. And then you'll be the seal.

The circle is complete, I am the master. Koo pah. Koo pah.

Bass said:
No, you said SW could turn him into a seal.

Admit it, you lying fraud.

Admit it or I'll make you read Avengers Disassembled. You've seen A Clockwork Orange? It'll be like that. But 1000 times worse. Oh, sure there's like one nice bit in the whole thing, but it won't make up for all the nonsense. And you'll be sick inside. And then you'll be the seal.

The circle is complete, I am the master. Koo pah. Koo pah.

WATCH OUT GUIJ! HE'S GOT A SEAL RAY!

*jumps in front of Guij as Bass fires*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bass said:
Not, you the aforementioned switch could transform it into joint.

Admit it, defrauds you lying.

Admit that it or I will encourage you to read dismounted avengers. You saw an orange of wheel of clock? It will be like that. But 1000 times worse. Ah, sure there is like a nice bit in the whole thing, but it will not compensate for all the nonsense. And you will be interior in difficulty. And then you will be the seal.

The circle is complete, I am the Master. Koo pah. Koo pah.
What the hell are you talking about?

moonmaster said:
WATCH OUT GUIJ! HE'S GOT A SEAL RAY!

*jumps in front of Guij as Bass fires*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have I done?

I've killed the wabbit!

Poor little bunny!

*picks up moonmaster*

Poor little wabbit!

:cry:

Oh, and Guij, you know exactly what's going on, don't deny it - and you're gonna be in trouble with Cad. Misquoting me like that. I'd never stoop so low... unless I could get away with it...

Er... Ultimates roolz!
(There, that should keep this on topic...)

Last edited:
Bass said:

What have I done?

I've killed the wabbit!

Poor little bunny!

*picks up moonmaster*

Poor little wabbit!

:cry:

Don't cry, I'll return before Issue #12 and stop Loki once and for all!!

Uh-oh. I'm mixing comics and reality again...

moonmaster said:
Uh-oh. I'm mixing comics and reality again...

Better that than my ailment. I keep mixing up reality and Looney Tunes. I swear, if I order one more thing from that damn Acme company...

Bass said:
Better that than my ailment. I keep mixing up reality and Looney Tunes. I swear, if I order one more thing from that damn Acme company...

Advice: never buy Acme brand condoms. Biiiiiiiiiiiig mistake. I learned that the hard way.

(is it me or has this thread gotten really off topic?)

Bass said:
Er... no.

Because the traitor works for ACME, a branch of SHIELD.

Phew. That was close.

I knew it.

Yes, this issue most definitely :rockon:ed my face.

:rockon:ED IT TO THE BONE!!!!!!!

Parthuman said:
I'm more inclined to think it's the Wasp. She already has a track record for deception (hiding the fact she's a mutant), she's a regular on the talk-show circuit (what better way to cover your tracks than by trying to be the high-profile hero?) and she seems to have some wild personality swings (hollering at Cap in the hospital, then flirting with him at a party). And don't forget the scientific jealousy she and Pym had toward Banner. Pym apparently got over this and wound up befriending and probably saving Banner. But the Wasp has the media connections (Fury pointed out her love of the limelight at one point), and there was no indication she ever felt anything but contempt for Banner.
Parthuman, you perfectly summed up my reasons for suspecting Janet. She also has both the 'trust factor' AND powers to carry out some nasty subterfuge -- she would have been privy to the Banner files, and could probably move freely inside the Trisketion relatively undetected, if she so desired.

I only have one good argument *against* this reasoning -- all the points you brought up were based on events in the FIRST series. Since the 'wolf' was announced during the current 'season', it wouldn't be a very reader-friendly move to have all the necessary clues appearing in comics released several years ago.

Still, my gut instinct tells me it's Wasp, so I'm sticking with my guns on this one.

After my own analysis, and the bombshell about hawkeye's family. I'm edging towards Wasp myself.
But I do wonder if someone is taking out "masks" or "supers", or, like watchmen, just makes it appear that way.

Bass said:
Basically, unless Hawkeye kills his own family, he can't be the traitor. That said, another Ultimates member's family could be killed - but who? Who else has mentioned family? Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch? "Thorlief's" "brother" "Gunnar"?
LOL! That's a lot of quotation marks for one phrase.

Have you ever considered that 'family' might be a used figuratively? I know Hitch is usually more direct in his web teases, but it might not necessarily be a blood relation.

I'm sure Cap would consider Bucky and his wife as 'family'. (And who would seem trust-worthy enough to get within killing distance of them -- the current paramour of a long-time pal, maybe? :wink: )

And surely, Tony would regard Jarvis as part of his extended kin -- incidentally, can any UIM readers tell me whether it's been established just how long Jarvis has worked for the Stark family? (Hmmm... It's already been well-established that he doesn't get along with a certain ex-spy... Curious. :? )

Here's a related point to consider...

At the end of DC's Identity Crisis, the killer is revealed to have used *spoilers*the Atom's extra suit to shrink herself to get away with the first two deaths.

What if the traitor has been using the Ant-Man armor the same way, to cover his/her tracks? Thus far, the helmet seems to be more like an 'Easter Egg' or throw-away reference... but so did the "funny-tasting water" in the first Ultimates series, and we all know how that turned out.

Who could possibly have access to it?

I indeed thought that the traitor could be someone who could shrink really small like in IC.

But the Ultimates is the Ultimates. It doesn't need to be anything like sub-par marketing ploys like IC.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Where does it mention family?
In a thread on Millarworld, Bryan Hitch posted this HUGE teaser:
Bryan Hitch said:
Thanks for the love words, same too for everybody here. You've all been so kind it's really lifted my spirits and made me all excited again. Now I need to get back to the massacre of an Ultimate's family and "Grand Theft: USA".
Guijllons correctly reminded us that in the solicitations for #7, it states that the Traitor made a move against one of the Ultimates in the most horrific way possible.

I'd say that pretty much qualifies as horrific, wouldn't you?

Latest posts

Back