Spider-Man 3 The game

but Who is the game rights owned by? i think it might be same company they own a lot of rights to marvel characters. So where as movie king pin can not be in spider-man movie he could be be in spider-man game.

Fox own x-men rights but yet x-men in movie costumes were in ultimate alliance with blade , daredevil , spider-man and more.

I think it might be movie kingpin at least I hope so if they get the actor to do voice work.

but Who is the game rights owned by? i think it might be same company they own a lot of rights to marvel characters. So where as movie king pin can not be in spider-man movie he could be be in spider-man game.

Fox own x-men rights but yet x-men in movie costumes were in ultimate alliance with blade , daredevil , spider-man and more.

I think it might be movie kingpin at least I hope so if they get the actor to do voice work.

i despised movie Kingpin, but i would like to see some consistency between the franchise's, so either way it won't really matter too me

i despised movie Kingpin, but i would like to see some consistency between the franchise's, so either way it won't really matter too me

No offence you entitled to your opinions but Why do you hate movie kingpin? He is exactly like the comics , his mannerisms and voice is what I would expect the only difference is he's black. Which to me makes no difference to a character unless its a character that is pro-what ever race he was.

Last edited:

When Activision make a game under a contract by Sony they can only use what Sony has the rights to. And sony only has rights to Spiderman related characters, Kingpin could have been on the fence but since Fow used him first they have a claim on their concept of the character. So they cannot use the character based on that movie but instead they would have to base it off the comic.

When Activision make a game under a contract by Sony they can only use what Sony has the rights to. And sony only has rights to Spiderman related characters, Kingpin could have been on the fence but since Fow used him first they have a claim on their concept of the character. So they cannot use the character based on that movie but instead they would have to base it off the comic.

Ahhhhh I see. My bad.

Also looked at first page

Thanks dude.

Can not wait for this on PS3.

and because spider-man games are free roam can you imagin the possibillitys?

This game will rock. as will the movie

I wanted a ps3? Was I really that gullible , naive and idiotic?

Oh well i guess I learnt my lesson.

No offence you entitled to your opinions but Why do you hate movie kingpin? He is exactly like the comics , his mannerisms and voice is what I would expect the only difference is he's black. Which to me makes no difference to a character unless its a character that is pro-what ever race he was.
my only problem really with it is when it is an established (and Kingpin is established, very established)Fictional character in a visual medium like comic books (where character's are often defined by there appearences), and they want to do a silver screen adaptation there are certain thing's that they shouldn't alter for example to keep a sense of familiarity for the people who go into see the movie with prior knowledge of said character, now of course there are certain aspect's that the silver screen has to alter to make a movie more feasible (i.e. Dr. Doom's powers in the FF movie), but the movie Kingpin just seemed like Change for the sake of Change (Ultimate Deadpool) it just felt like a bastardization of the character, it would have been easy to find an actor that would have suited the Kingpin more

it would have been easy to find an actor that would have suited the Kingpin more

I disagree I think they picked him just because he was the best man the job. But I'll stop the kingpin debate as it is off topic kinda

I disagree I think they picked him just because he was the best man the job. But I'll stop the kingpin debate as it is off topic kinda

my last point i swear! the Kingpin is Daredevil's arch-nemesis right? ok, what if Willem Dafoe was not chosen to be the Green Goblin but instead we got Morgan Freeman, or instead of Ian McKellan as Magneto we got an old Asian man

that's what i was driving at

my last point i swear! the Kingpin is Daredevil's arch-nemesis right? ok, what if Willem Dafoe was not chosen to be the Green Goblin but instead we got Morgan Freeman, or instead of Ian McKellan as Magneto we got an old Asian man

that's what i was driving at

But Ian McKellan = best for magneto , Willem Dafoe was best for goblin , Dean Cain has some Asian in him and is darker/different colour than comics superman BUT I still think he did a good job.

Race should not be an issue if the actor is right for the part.

But Ian McKellan = best for magneto , Willem Dafoe was best for goblin , Dean Cain has some Asian in him and is darker/different colour than comics superman BUT I still think he did a good job.

Race should not be an issue if the actor is right for the part.

hey i'm all for equal oppurtunity, but i'm against affirmative action, if you get my point

hey i'm all for equal oppurtunity, but i'm against affirmative action, if you get my point

That is true.

Also I know i lot of people don't like Dean Cain's superman so that might of been a bad e.g :lol:

Morgan Freeman could have pulled off a badass Green Goblin. Of all the characters he regrets not being able to play, you know he's been known to say Hannibal Lector?

I'm trying to see if I can post the whole article, but I'm waiting for E's approval. But I do have Pics. from the article. If I don't get it I try to decribe it the best I can.

Scan10005-1.jpg

Scan10006.jpg

dsc00418mk8.jpg

dsc00421pg4.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I can't post the article. But I can quote it.

Here are some of the things you might find intresting about the next Spidey game.

Gameinformer said:
The game world of Spider-Man 3 is gorgeous to behold. Drop into Times Square, and the blinking signs and busy traffic are inviting and detailed, Pause the game and the camera pulls back into a fully rendered 3D map of New York. You can zoom in and out to take a closer look at the numerous labeled dots that spot the play area. "At any given time, the player has access to all sorts of different missions," producer Brian Pass says as he shows us around the game. "There's no checklist- nothing gated the player except their own progression through the game."

Gameinformer said:
Where previous games offered a seemingly endless string of basically meaningless purse snatching missions and carjackings, the crime in Spider-Man 3 has been incorporated into longer story-based conflicts with three different gangs that have swept into Manhattan. "Colors on the map will indicate gang control," Pass explains. "At any time I can go and launch into gang missions. Through the story progression I'm exploring different mission objectives, solving various crimes, handling these gangs and diminishing their influence in those areas."We got to play through a mission halfway through the storyline of the Dragon Tail gang, a group intent on stealing ancient art pieces for reasons Spider-Man can't fathom. While the mission involved simply protecting a helpless art dealer, it did show off how much plot and voicework are being poured into these independent mission lines. In addition, instead of a point-based experience system, players will unlock new actions and combat moves through these side missions, offering an added edge as you tackle the major conflicts of the movie plot.

Gameinformer said:
We also got the chance to experience the opening of the game, which finds Spidey in conflict with a mad bomber as he attacks a downtown building. Here, as we flipped and kicked our way through his minions, we got a good taste for the expanded combat system. A major push form the folks at Treyarch seems to have bolstered the importance of dodges and counters. As an enemy prepares to throw a punch or take a shot, a quick pop up icon offers a split second dodge move, while a second button press lets players respond with a quick attack. As Spider-Man you'll also be able to manually trigger spider-Sense, which overlays the screen with a clear image of where threats lie in the area by the health bar delivers a rechargeable Spider Reflexes power, letting players slow down time while Spider-Man remains at full speed, with some obvious benefits. All told, 40 different combat moves become available throughout the game, many of which are upgreadeable as you play.

Gameinformer said:
Among these are the anger-induced action enabled by wearing the black suit – when adopted, a whole new suite of attacks become available. Once Peter dons the darker accoutrements, he'll move with greater speed, attack with more power, and generally be even more of a nightmare to the street thugs who get in his way. "He's got his own set of moves. It's a darker side of Spider-Man," Pass says. "He's got attitude, and the poser set lines up with that new attitude." The black suit also enables a rage mode that amplifies these abilities even further. When we played, both suits felt great, with the exception of a jerky camera that feels like a holdover from earlier installments. If it addresses this issue, Treyarch should have some happy players out there exploring all the options that the combat system affords.

Gameinformer said:
Dr. Connors will make the unfortunate transformation into the lizard in one quest line. The gang storylines seem to inevitably converge on the presence of Kingpin in the game. We even played through an exciting encounter with Scorpion: In a secluded science lab, we encountered a mechanized version of the popular villain, who has been forced into criminality against his own will by a form of mind control. After trashing the lab, the fight boiled over onto the streets of the city, where a challenging chase sequence began. "Fights are no longer contained to walled-in interiors. I can take this battle right out onto the streets if I want to. I can go up on building tops – I can go pretty much wherever I want to," Pass tells us. As we were running down Scorpion, we tried another new feature; cinteractives. It's a fancy word to describe the button-press minigames popularized by the original God Of War. In Spider-Man 3, these minigames are designed to provide action sequences akin to the cinematography of the movies while keeping control in the hands of the player. Chasing Scorpion down the street, he turned at one point and began to hurl cars back at us to slow us down. With adept acrobatics and some well-time button inputs, we twisted and flipped our way past the flying cares to continue the chase. These cinteractives play a big part in the game, and add just the right amount of movie-like excitement without pulling players out of the base fighting system.

Gameinformer said:
In the meantime, we'll have to content ourselves with some other treats that are headed to lucky PlayStation 3 owners. The PS3 collector's edition will include interviews with the likes of Tobey Maguire, Avi Arad, Thomas Haden Church, and Bruce Campbell. Far more exciting, however, is the inclusion of a exclusive playable character – PS3 players will be able to switch over and play as the New Goblin, flying through the city and engaging in his won special missions.

Got some new pics. for you... Man, look at the graphics and the detail on this game. This is going to be awsome!

asset-12742.jpg

asset-12750.jpg

asset-12774.jpg

asset-12854.jpg

asset-12814.jpg

asset-12878.jpg

Last edited:
I will get the game after I see the movie.

I remember playing 1 and it being like the movie, ending and all (though different locations). Luckily, I had already seen the movie. I remember the movie was ruined by a friend who hadn't seen the movie yet.

Latest posts

Back