Spider-Man Spider-Verse Discussion/Spoilers

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Dan Slott Unveils "Spider-Verse" Featuring "Every Spider-Man Ever"

Call began with the first details: Starting in November, Slott and Olivier Coipel are bringing "every Spider-Man from every universe together for the first time." The story starts in "Amazing Spider-Man" #9, and continues in that book and other yet-to-be-revealed titles. The story will be previewed with a five-page back-up story in Marvel's Free Comic Book Day offering this May.

"This is every Spider-Man ever teaming up, or fighting each other," Slott said, adding later that readers will definitely see some "spider-fights." "Some won't get a long. It's a Spider-Man story on a scale we have never seen before. Epic in its scope."

Spider-Verse-Dell-Otto-Bann-229b7.jpg

Spider-Verse-Del-Mundo-Prom-77a78.jpg

Re: Spider-Verse (Spider-Man event) November 2014

When is Slott going to be off Spider-Man? I mean seriously?

Slott has written eleven years worth of comics already. Enough is enough.

I'm sort of wondering what he's going to do with this. I see several masks that are from the 616 continuity (Spidey-Armor, Spider-Carnage, Captain Universe, Amazing Bagman, Prodigy). Are these all going to be alternate Spideys? I guess maybe it's just promotional art.

So much for Miles Morales not crossing over into the 616 universe.

*sigh*
That already happened, albeit briefly...

I'm sort of wondering what he's going to do with this. I see several masks that are from the 616 continuity (Spidey-Armor, Spider-Carnage, Captain Universe, Amazing Bagman, Prodigy). Are these all going to be alternate Spideys? I guess maybe it's just promotional art.
Slott says that every Spider-Man ever will be in it, so I'd say they are all the alternate versions of the character that appear together for whatever reason.

Last edited:

That already happened, albeit briefly...

Oh yeah, I forgot he went over to 616 in Spider-Men.

Slott says that every Spider-Man ever will be in it, so I'd say they are all the alternate versions of the character that appear together for whatever reason.

Yeah, I think its a safe bet since Miles' Spidey mask and costume are prominently displayed in the promo pics, as well as Miles being one of the more well-known alternate Spider-Men in the various Marvel universes.

"Spider-Verse"

Seriously. That's seriously going to be a thing.

Ice, if this ever came up on the podcast I don't think I would be able to say that/those word/s.

Here's an interview with Dan Slott and Nick Lowe

This part made me laugh:
Slott says, "Sometimes you need to hear 'no.' I suggested, what if there's a world like Cars? From that world, the Spider-Mobile is alive and can talk to you like Speed Buggy. They were like, 'No. No talking Spider-Mobile.' I told them it'd be awesome because he has a secret identity so no one knows he's Spider-Mobile. He's secretly Peter Parked Car. That's when everyone said, 'Nooooo!'"

And this art from the upcoming Free Comic Book Day Tie-In:
3716674-2+spider-verse_fcbd_preview_2.jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Ok, I know you all hate this but Peter Parked Car is God damned brilliant.

Morlun was a pretty crap character though. Spider totem... sins past... JMS had a lot of crap in his run. At least Slott is fun. I like my Spider-Man comic to not take itself too seriously.

Last edited:

Ok, I know you all hate this but Peter Parked Car is God damned brilliant.

I really liked it too :lol:

Morlun was a pretty crap character though. Spider totem... sins past... JMS had a lot of crap in his run. At least Slott is fun. I like my Spider-Man comic to not take itself too seriously.
The only parts of JMS' run that I hated were Sins Past and OMD. But even with Sins Past, it was a well written story that really made you feel for Peter, get a glimpse at the complexities of his relationship with MJ, and it fit well in continuity. I just hated what it meant for Gwen. You don't mess with Gwen. (Which, I suppose is the whole reason JMS wrote the story). The Spider Totem story, and particularly The Other, were weird and I didn't really love them but they've had cool repercussions on Spidey's mythos. I like how Dematteis and Kelly used the ideas from those stories to connect all the Spider-related heroes in Grim Hunt and how it has continued through Slott's work (although in more silly ways, such as Spider-Island). And it's been a major theme in Scarlet-Spider too, with Kaine giving in to the Spider/Other at times.

Overall though, I really liked Slott's run because it focused on Peter's relationships. I really liked the way Peter & MJ's relationship was written. I really liked Aunt May knowing Peter's secret and for the first time in 40 years actually having a personality beyond being doting, old, and not liking Spider-Man. And I really liked Peter as a teacher too.

Last edited:

From ECCC:

"David shared his enthusiasm for "Spider-Verse" to the crowd, saying that "it's completely insane," and naming Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham and the 1967 animated Spider-Man as both appearing in the story."

Last edited:

From ECCC:

"David shared his enthusiasm for "Spider-Verse" to the crowd, saying that "it's completely insane," and naming Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham and the 1967 animated Spider-Man as both appearing in the story."

Haha, I really hope his powers include being able to web swing where there are no buildings and make anything (waterskis, propellers, etc) out of his webbing!

I don't want this to exist. Someone stop it.

Latest posts

Back