• Star Trek: Voyager

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Trek: Enterprise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Gothamite said:
There's just so much to Star Trek that's new and exciting in spite of all the crap that's in it as well, whereas no matter how hard I try to look at it, Star Wars is just another comic book adventure. It was just lucky that it had a great script, great actors, great music and fantastic special effects.
The short of it is that there is comparatively less stuff to talk about in Star Wars on an intellectual level than in Star Trek.

The former can be examined in terms of artistic design, myth structures, philosophy and spirituality, but the latter just goes whole hog on just about any concept in the sun. It's like the difference between Starcraft and Civilization II - the latter is boring to watch, and maybe even ridiculously flawed from a game balance perspective but provides much more meat for the intellectual to chew on.

Ourchair has gone up seven points on the GothamiteScale.
Only seven?

I keep forgetting about all the great Trek videos I spot. Here's one that's a little repetitive, but amusing fun nonetheless:

[youtube]BKZC0SuvS6s[/youtube]

I saw that one, but I much prefer this:

[youtube]Max8UvHgDds[/youtube]

Uhura trash talks everyone, with Nichelle Nichols dialogue from 1974 blaxploitation flick Truck Turner.

I saw that one, but I much prefer this:

[youtube]Max8UvHgDds[/youtube]

Uhura trash talks everyone, with Nichelle Nichols dialogue from 1974 blaxploitation flick Truck Turner.

That....was....brilliant

Captain James T. Kirk shows you how to make the fresh out of a classic Trek situation.

[youtube]qWNkBD0BIA4[/youtube]

Right. I'm sorry, but this is turning into a video thread. Yes, there are plenty of Star Trek tribute/comedy videos and yes, I know I am guilty for contributing said videos on this thread; however, let's talk about something else.

How about them Klingon Head-Ridges, huh?

Last edited:
Right. I'm sorry, but this is turning into a video thread. Yes, there are plenty of Star Trek tribute/comedy videos and yes, I know I am guilty for contributing said videos on this thread; however, let's talk about something else.

How about them Klingon Head-Ridges, huh?
Well... no one wanted to talk.

But the head ridges are awesome.

And I LIKE that the Klingons have been depicted inconsistently, and that there is a contrived explanation for it in Enterprise. I wouldn't have it ANY other way.

And I LIKE that the Klingons have been depicted inconsistently, and that there is a contrived explanation for it in Enterprise. I wouldn't have it ANY other way.

I still don't get that contrived explanation. No matter how often I read the Wiki articles on it, it still just doesn't really make sense. I really don't want to have to watch the episode. Please explain it to me.

There's a contrived Enterprise explanation? Huh. I always liked the DS9 "We don't talk about it" explanation from More Trouble With Tribbles. I thought that was perfect.

Favourite uniforms?

For me it's got to be the latest 24th Century trends, as seen extensively in DS9 and the Next Gen movies. Following that, we're talking TOS movies from Wrath of Khan onwards. Those turtle-neck-and-coat-combo things look as though they're probably very hot to wear and I'd say Shatman didn't like running around in them one bit (notice he only wears the full uniform in Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country?)

Latest posts

Back