Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Star Trek: Voyager

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Trek: Enterprise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
2nd Enterprise had some really cool episodes and Ideas. The Temporal Cold War was a very cool idea , Showing more of how Humans saw the Vulcans when they first took over was great. The episode "These Are the Voyages" was another cool moment.
I can't say I liked the Temporal Cold War, but I can't say I totally hated it.

You're right though, the retrospective stuff is nice. I like that kind of stuff, the only problem is that by the second season it becomes pretty obvious that Archer isn't just a 'first captain learning through his mistakes' but a pretty outright stupid one.

SSJmole said:
Eneterprise added things to the universe and actually built upon previous stuff well. Voyager took stuff that was built up and made to be awesome like the borg and ruined it.
I disagree with this. I mean, your defense of Enterprise is spot on, but comparing it against Voyager because Voyager ruined stuff is only right for The Borg. Other than The Borg, there wasn't very much at all that Voyager ruined.

The only real problem --- a large ****ing gaping hole of a problem --- is that Voyager didn't believe in its own premise. "We're seventy light years away from space!" is a complete and utter lie.

They were supposed to be survivalists without backup, but the ship is shiny every week and 'supply problems' are things that only happen as an excuse to write stories, rather than the stories being written around the problem of not having backup.

SSJmole said:
Plus I'm wrestling fan yes but Voyager having the rock on it and having him do a rock bottom has to be worse than ANYTHING in Enterprise. I honestly can not see why people call enterprise "the worst series" when the same people normally let Voyager slide.
I agree and disagree. There has to be a lot of things worse than The Rock doing a rock bottom in the entire history of Star Trek, Voyager or otherwise.

On the other hand, I totally agree --- too many people let Voyager slide where Enterprise gets hell. Enterprise might have been lacking in logic in several episodes, but at least it didn't bull**** its own premise like Voyager did.

Well... no.

Like the Cylons, he claims to have a plan.

But The Plan Is A Lie.

Everything...Everything I know...WRONG! It was New York all the time! Damn you! Damn you all!

Basically, if you sit down to TOS and expect cool laser fights - you'll always be disappointed. But if you sit down for a great story with great characters, the ones I mention won't disappoint.

I just saw this quote and I really agree. I think it pretty much defines the Star Trek franchise overall.

Star Trek is for nerds.

And it sucks.

This is probably my favourite post, ever. Whenever I'm having an argument with someone about Star Trek and someone else jumps in with this, everyone just starts laughing because there's really nothing you can say in defence to this.

Star Trek is for nerds.

And it sucks.
This is true. But you say 'nerds' like it's a bad thing.

In my opinion, Star Wars is ****ing awesome.

And it's also ******* boring.

Star Trek, for all the countless hours of bad episodes and terrible movies, is infinitely more interesting and conversation-worthy than all the awesome of Star Wars and its expanded universe.

Star Trek, for all the countless hours of bad episodes and terrible movies, is infinitely more interesting and conversation-worthy than all the awesome of Star Wars and its expanded universe.

Ourchair has gone up seven points on the GothamiteScale.

I honestly believe that Trek and Wars are similar enough to a warrant a 'which better' debate and I honestly believe that Trek wins. I have liked both franchises just as much at different times and I came to this conclusion when I was at a happy balance between the two (around the time Episode III came out).

There's just so much to Star Trek that's new and exciting in spite of all the crap that's in it as well, whereas no matter how hard I try to look at it, Star Wars is just another comic book adventure. It was just lucky that it had a great script, great actors, great music and fantastic special effects.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back