Street Fighter IV thread.

you can buy controllers, that are set up like the buttton systems/joystick of old arcade machines

it's the only way to fight

unless you don't have one

then use a PS3 controller

............or a Genesis one

I invested in MadCatz's SFIV Fight Stick. Best $150 ever spent.

I've been very surprised by mad catz latley, they seem to have stepped up there game

there rock band accesories look very nice, especially the Bass specific controller

yes they made a controller just for you Bass, enjoy it

So i got my hands on it. Not impressive but not a bad game. It's just a tad better than street fighter 2. Lot's of gripes. Not gonna ***** about it here, you can read that on myspace once it's up. but wtf?! That little backstreet boys song in the opening credits?!?! ****ing lame man!

So i got my hands on it. Not impressive but not a bad game. It's just a tad better than street fighter 2. Lot's of gripes. Not gonna ***** about it here, you can read that on myspace once it's up. but wtf?! That little backstreet boys song in the opening credits?!?! ****ing lame man!

Ha, yeah, I thought that was kind of funny as well. Sounded just like one of the songs from High School Musical 3. It's the kind of music that's popular in Japan, so go figure.

My biggest gripe with the game is the final boss, Seth, who is just impossible to beat, even on the easiest setting. He's basically Street Fighter's Mew, with most of the best attacks from the best fighters in the game. There really isn't any strategy with which to beat him except pure, blind luck and that really pisses me off. I'm going to keep at it until I beat him with at least one fighter, though.

Ha, yeah, I thought that was kind of funny as well. Sounded just like one of the songs from High School Musical 3. It's the kind of music that's popular in Japan, so go figure.

My biggest gripe with the game is the final boss, Seth, who is just impossible to beat, even on the easiest setting. He's basically Street Fighter's Mew, with most of the best attacks from the best fighters in the game. There really isn't any strategy with which to beat him except pure, blind luck and that really pisses me off. I'm going to keep at it until I beat him with at least one fighter, though.

Hardly.

He's pretty easy once you get used to him.

You want cheep? Fight Gil from Street Fighter 3.

seth is weak sauce. he's a frikkin every-character which just a waste of character slot. he has like one original move it's pathetic. Gil was ten times cooler and harder to beat. and why the downgrade from 3 to 1 super art per character? and it seems like the only reason they backtracked the story was to revive bison and explain his survival after supposedly being killed by akuma. this more like street fighter 3 alpha. or street fighter 2.5. also nothing from 3 carries over to this game other than the EX moves. Everything else is reminiscient of part 2 which the creator was going for.

also, do some ****ing up down combos and seth is a goner. AND NO SUPER JUMP!? wtf?

Last edited:
seth is weak sauce. he's a frikkin every-character which just a waste of character slot. he has like one original move it's pathetic. Gil was ten times cooler and harder to beat. and why the downgrade from 3 to 1 super art per character? and it seems like the only reason they backtracked the story was to revive bison and explain his survival after supposedly being killed by akuma. this more like street fighter 3 alpha. or street fighter 2.5. also nothing from 3 carries over to this game other than the EX moves. Everything else is reminiscient of part 2 which the creator was going for.

also, do some ****ing up down combos and seth is a goner. AND NO SUPER JUMP!? wtf?

There is the fact that they are that they are avoiding STF 3 like the plague(aside from Yang and yun cameo).

.Gil was just plain cheap though.

Besides one Super move works just fine especially since you also have the Ultra combo.

Last edited:
You're crazy, lady.

Eh, I had the money, and was on a kick, so i got the controller, Rival Schools, SF3A, and a few old skool survival horror games, to replace what the ex took.

Eh, I had the money, and was on a kick, so i got the controller, Rival Schools, SF3A, and a few old skool survival horror games, to replace what the ex took.

Thats why break ups suck.....they take always take your stuff.

Okay. See, I can sympathize with that.

I ended up throwing down 250 bucks on a bubbler after my ex smashed my water pipe.

It's the most satisfying purchase ever.

Gemini said:
I've been very surprised by mad catz latley, they seem to have stepped up there game

there rock band accesories look very nice, especially the Bass specific controller

Sorry, dude. Normally I wouldn't care. But THEIR. Their is used when talking about possessive.

Last edited:

I dunno if I'd spend $150 on it, but it is awesome.

Too right they did.

There is the fact that they are that they are avoiding STF 3 like the plague(aside from Yang and yun cameo).

.Gil was just plain cheap though.

Besides one Super move works just fine especially since you also have the Ultra combo.

the ultra combo sucks though. At least you could have a decision between 1 of 3 different super arts to suit with your fighting style. and what's wrong with a character being super cheap. It's that more staisfying when you win....after 80 tries. :)

Wow. Years and years of Soul Caliber and Tekken-style fighting games and I now cannot throw a fireball to save my life.

Wow. Years and years of Soul Caliber and Tekken-style fighting games and I now cannot throw a fireball to save my life.

Wasn't Tekken 2-D side-to-side as well? I'm not actually sure, because the only Tekken game I ever played was Tekken 3 and that was years ago.

But yeah, Soul Caliber is a much easier type of game to play and there is a rather sort of fake feeling about still not being able to strafe around your enemy in SF. The upside is of course that you don't have to worry about your fireballs floating off into thin air, because of a simple dodge. That can be really annoying in 3-D fighters.

Latest posts

Back