Street Fighter IV thread.

Wasn't Tekken 2-D side-to-side as well? I'm not actually sure, because the only Tekken game I ever played was Tekken 3 and that was years ago.

But yeah, Soul Caliber is a much easier type of game to play and there is a rather sort of fake feeling about still not being able to strafe around your enemy in SF. The upside is of course that you don't have to worry about your fireballs floating off into thin air, because of a simple dodge. That can be really annoying in 3-D fighters.

I don't think any of the tekkens were side scrollers.

the EX series had strifing and it sucked ***.

Wasn't Tekken 2-D side-to-side as well? I'm not actually sure, because the only Tekken game I ever played was Tekken 3 and that was years ago.

But yeah, Soul Caliber is a much easier type of game to play and there is a rather sort of fake feeling about still not being able to strafe around your enemy in SF. The upside is of course that you don't have to worry about your fireballs floating off into thin air, because of a simple dodge. That can be really annoying in 3-D fighters.

Tekken has always been 3D

Virtua Fighter had a couple 2D ports maybe thats what your thinking of

You know what actually did a not bad job at balancing the two styles? MK vs. DCU, you could basically turn the 8-way run on and off, normally it plays like a 2D fighter, but when your holding the tirgger button it plays like a 3D one. It's pretty neat, while it's not an incredibley good game, it had a solid engine and play mechanic.

Tekken has always been 3D

Virtua Fighter had a couple 2D ports maybe thats what your thinking of

You know what actually did a not bad job at balancing the two styles? MK vs. DCU, you could basically turn the 8-way run on and off, normally it plays like a 2D fighter, but when your holding the tirgger button it plays like a 3D one. It's pretty neat, while it's not an incredibley good game, it had a solid engine and play mechanic.

My favorite part about MK is that EVERYONE has the same punches, kicks and best of all... JUMP KICKS! and that was the worst strife. there was like a 1 second lag after you strife. soul calibur has the best strife.

My favorite part about MK is that EVERYONE has the same punches, kicks and best of all... JUMP KICKS! and that was the worst strife. there was like a 1 second lag after you strife. soul calibur has the best strife.

obviously you only spent mabe half an hour with that game with negative judgements conjured up before hand

While MKDC was a huge step back in sheer variety of moves, it wasn't nearly as bad as you make it sound, the character had similar movesets to each other but they were far from identical, in doing so they limitted tiering issues. The new shift style of 8 way run they tried out, would really only work properly in games like MK or SF that focuses heavily on projectiles and special moves, stuff like Tekken VF and SC don't need it.

SC's got everything more or less perfect, but it's not the best because it shares the bulk of it's mechanic with Tekken, they share the crown.

obviously you only spent mabe half an hour with that game with negative judgements conjured up before hand

While MKDC was a huge step back in sheer variety of moves, it wasn't nearly as bad as you make it sound, the character had similar movesets to each other but they were far from identical, in doing so they limitted tiering issues. The new shift style of 8 way run they tried out, would really only work properly in games like MK or SF that focuses heavily on projectiles and special moves, stuff like Tekken VF and SC don't need it.

SC's got everything more or less perfect, but it's not the best because it shares the bulk of it's mechanic with Tekken, they share the crown.

nah, Soul calibur has weapons. Nothing beats taking your opponent down like a nice Zweihander to the skull. Street Fighter doesn't need strifing either or some 8 way run crap. It's evovled in different ways. Even with the flaws part 4 has, it's a step up from part 2 but they had so much to play with and didn't even try to implement a whole lot from previous games like CVS series or SF3.

With that said, if a 2nd installment of the series is made, because let's face it there will be at least two more SF4's, they should play more with the parry system and even try to implement different charge bars like the CVS series had.

I borrowed this today of someone. I LOVE the Anime introductions. I played as Ryu (duh!) and won the first few fights before turning off. I wish they had done more of those videos, like to introduce every fight. That would have awesome as they look great.

Gameplay didn't feel like anything new which is good (if it isn't broke don't fix it) Pretty cool game overall but as much as I love street fighter I'm not running out to buy it as I still prefer street fighter 2 so I'll instead get street fighter HD of psn sometime. Still pretty cool to play.

Well, my neighbor has the game. I've played 3 or 4 hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. Abel is the only new character who doesn't suck ***, but at least all the classic characters are back and a lot of them have been upgraded.

This is the best Street Fighter has been since SF2 Turbo.

Well, my neighbor has the game. I've played 3 or 4 hours and thoroughly enjoyed it. Abel is the only new character who doesn't suck ***, but at least all the classic characters are back and a lot of them have been upgraded.

This is the best Street Fighter has been since SF2 Turbo.

Rufus doesn't suck rufus is cool:(.

I heard if you say Rufus five times into a mirror the mirror will immediately shatter under the incredible force of his suck. Same with El Fuerte.

I heard if you say Rufus five times into a mirror the mirror will immediately shatter under the incredible force of his suck. Same with El Fuerte.

I don't even care.

I don't even use him all that much

Last edited:
Just because you can't use him doesm't mean he sucks.

....You know what? **** it I don't even care.

I don't even use him all that much

We are playing with ya Venom Melendez.

McCheese we need to be nice to Venom Melendez. The last person that was mean to Venom Melendez had to clean the back of his toilet every day for a week.

In the shape of a monkey.

That be him

you know who's also fat and fast? E. Honda you don't mess with the best

but you know who is fat and is made of suck? Bo Rai Cho from MK

Granted Honda's fat loos like Muscle.

And yes Bo Rai cho does suck.

Latest posts

Back