Super Mario Galaxy (Spoilers)

Re: The Social Thread - It's Your Birthday!

I got Galaxy for Christmas and it has yet to live up to the hype.

I've been saying that , good game but disappointing from the hype , I still love it though if this makes sense

I haven't found much challenge to it, it's really easy.
It really isn't a challenge at all (though there are plenty of annoying levels). I've never really seen much "hype" to the game other than the point that it's a nice fun cool game. It's nothing that's really out of this world or anything, but an enjoyable game.

It really isn't a challenge at all (though there are plenty of annoying levels). I've never really seen much "hype" to the game other than the point that it's a nice fun cool game. It's nothing that's really out of this world or anything, but an enjoyable game.

That's my point. This Mario game was supposed to blow our minds! It was expected to be out of this world, they called it Mario Galaxy for God's sake!

We were supposed to get the most expansive Mario game to date, but this game is more linear than Sunshine, there was supposed to be gravity defying action but all we get is a wonky camera. I have never had as tough a time killing goombas because of the damn camera.

Played it today. Did not like. Mybe I sucked at it.

Now i know how mydad felt when we tried to teach him Megaman back in the day. He was like "just gimme teh ****ing tetris"! :lol:

That's my point. This Mario game was supposed to blow our minds! It was expected to be out of this world, they called it Mario Galaxy for God's sake!

We were supposed to get the most expansive Mario game to date, but this game is more linear than Sunshine, there was supposed to be gravity defying action but all we get is a wonky camera. I have never had as tough a time killing goombas because of the damn camera.
The out of this world was like a metaphor. Just because it was galaxy didnt literally mean that.

And where was it meant that this was supposed to be the most expansive game to date? :?

The out of this world was like a metaphor. Just because it was galaxy didnt literally mean that.

And where was it meant that this was supposed to be the most expansive game to date? :?

Well I haven't seen it written anywhere, but you know what I mean when I say that basically this game should have been this huge step forward in innovation, but instead it's just a bunch of ideas that are never really utilized to their fullest extent.

I don't know it just seems to me that Nintendo got lazy with this game, but maybe I'm still just bitter about how easy Metroid got towards the end.

I haven't found much challenge to it, it's really easy.

yeah it is very easy

all agreed except about sunshine.

Sunshine was a horrible game

yeah it is very easy

all agreed except about sunshine.

Sunshine was a horrible game

I didn't think so. I thought the water backpack thing was stupid and un-needed, but it utilized a lot of classic Mario villains, set-ups, etc, somewhat successfully. It was no Mario 64, but it wasn't a horrible game, either. And I don't even own Galaxy yet (sometime this week my Wii should be coming in), but I know its far and away better than Sunshine, so at least its an improvement.

I got Galaxy too. it was named game of the year in Dk, so it was very hyped.
I like the soundtrack. makes the game sound so epic. but it needs some more story to give the final touch. I enjoy it alot though, and its not really THAT easy.

Someone please help me with this:

I've been trying to get the 2 player option to work on Super Mario Galaxy for a couple weeks without success. Supposedly, all you have to do is turn on the second Wii-mote, and hold "A" until the yellow star appears. Unfortunately, it never works. Am I supposed to be doing something with the controller on the Wii menu? I'd set it (held down the red button inside the battery compartment), so I don't know what else to do.

Anyone with info on this, it'd be very much appreciated. My girlfriend is getting tired of just watching me play, and I want to get her playing on 2 player.

Someone please help me with this:

I've been trying to get the 2 player option to work on Super Mario Galaxy for a couple weeks without success. Supposedly, all you have to do is turn on the second Wii-mote, and hold "A" until the yellow star appears. Unfortunately, it never works. Am I supposed to be doing something with the controller on the Wii menu? I'd set it (held down the red button inside the battery compartment), so I don't know what else to do.

Anyone with info on this, it'd be very much appreciated. My girlfriend is getting tired of just watching me play, and I want to get her playing on 2 player.

I can help ya out. What you have to do is go into the "home" menu (Press "home" on your wiimote) then go to the "wii mote settings", then press the "reconnect" and from there, you can both connect :)

I can help ya out. What you have to do is go into the "home" menu (Press "home" on your wiimote) then go to the "wii mote settings", then press the "reconnect" and from there, you can both connect :)

Also, before you start a session of playing there is the option for two players, after you have chosen which file/floating head you want to play.

This game is so very cute and fun. I've gotten 4 stars so far, and am in the Bee world which I love. Bees never lie. ^__^

Latest posts

Back