Superman: Doomsday [spoilers]

Re: Superman: Doomsday

Don't forget, this film has the most dangerous Superman villain of all... Toyman! :wink:

Forget Lex and Doomsday, can the Man of steel defeat the grown man with a toy fetish?

Seriously though anyone remember the JLU episode where Toyman did "kill" Superman? I actually kinda like STAS Toyman.

Interestingly that episode was based off of this story.

Don't forget, this film has the most dangerous Superman villain of all... Toyman! :wink:

Forget Lex and Doomsday, can the Man of steel defeat the grown man with a toy fetish?

Seriously though anyone remember the JLU episode where Toyman did "kill" Superman? I actually kinda like STAS Toyman.

The big thing I remember about that episode is Wonder Woman using her metal bracelets to block Weather Wizard's lightning, and Flash saying "There are so many reasons that shouldn't have worked."

I like Bruce Timm and I've mentioned before I have a major soft spot for the Doomsday/Death of Superman story. Do we know how closely this follows the original story?

Interestingly that episode was based off of this story.

It was based of this and a story from the early 80s where Superman was stuck on a version of Earth with a red Sun.

Anyway I thought was odd that Toyman was the one that "killed" Superman in that episode. Toyman is the last guy you would think of.

Toyman is being voiced by Bender in the film, that's kinda funny.

I like Bruce Timm and I've mentioned before I have a major soft spot for the Doomsday/Death of Superman story. Do we know how closely this follows the original story?

The "Death" part or the "Return" part? The Death part will be close though have characters like Lex and Toyman to the story. the return part will be somewhat different, considering how convoluted it was in the comics.

Last edited:

From the previews I've seen pretty damn close

From the previews I've seen pretty damn close

Agreed. the biggest difference is that a lot of the minor characters (Justice League, Superboy, Steel, Eradicator) aren't in it, and Luthor has a bigger role.

Does anyone know if Batman will be in this? I know the Justice League can't be, but will the heroes still show up for Superman's funeral?

Also, I'd just like to say I hope Bibbo's in this. I miss him.

Last edited:

The only difference I thought they were going to have was the exclusion of the Reign of the Supermen part. So no Steel, Superboy, Eradicator or Cyborg.

They are saying its oddly homoerotic.

Your joking, right?

Anyway this movie was pretty dark:

Doomsday almost killed a kid and killed a bunch of people before being killed by Supes.

The brutal Doomsday vs. Superman fight.

Lex killed Mercy.

Toyman killed a 4 year old and a Superman clone killed him in reponse.

Superman killed the Superman clone.

That's one big body count.

Last edited:

Your joking, right?

Anyway this movie was pretty dark:

Doomsday almost killed a kid and killed a bunch pf people before being killed by Supes.

The brutal Doomsday vs. Superman fight.

Lex killed Mercy.

Toyman killed a 4 year old and a Superman clone killed him in reponse.

Superman killed the Superman clone.

That's one big body count.

Thank you...I have been searching for the last half hour trying to figure out if this is something I could watch with my son. Doesn't look like it.

Thank you...I have been searching for the last half hour trying to figure out if this is something I could watch with my son. Doesn't look like it.

I would at least watch it once on your own and then see if you want to show it to your son. I do think it earns its PG-13 rating though.

It's not bad, most of the darker scenes they have the camra look away (in a manner of speaking..). But you should still see it before you decide.

This movie was awesome! Definitely better than all the other Superman movies.

Now I have some high hopes for the Teen Titans movie.

Last edited:

Wish this out in the UK :( oh well I'll import it sometime

Picked it up and watched it already...not too bad. It would have been a lot cooler if it had followed the original Death of Superman story and had the Eradicator and Cyborg, but ah well.

Picked it up and watched it already...not too bad. It would have been a lot cooler if it had followed the original Death of Superman story and had the Eradicator and Cyborg, but ah well.

That was a pretty long and convoluted story though, how are supposed to fit all
of in DVD movie?

Those characters were in the Return of Superman, not the Death of Superman

The Death of Superman had Guy Gardner and the Justice League, and the Matrix Supergirl in it. And Doomsday kicking all types of *** as he crossed the country, specifically hunting Superman.

Latest posts

Back