The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

:shock:

n00bs are gonna break the internet arguing over this...

EVERYONE TO THE BUNKERS!!!

I think he's just drumming up interest for tropic thunder, still hilarious to have Iron Man saying "**** DC comics"

Last edited:
I think he's just drumming up interest for tropic thunder, still hilarious to have Iron Man saying "**** DC comics"
Yes, we smart ones will find it hilarous. I'm just waiting to see that n00b somewhere on the internet start something over this. It's inevitable! :p

If he isn't just trying to be provocative (which you know he is) this just further supports my theory that RDJ is Tony Stark. Because I could totally imagine Tony Stark hating The Dark Knight.

Best Comic Book Movie Posters

An unusually brilliant and intelligent IGN article that gives kudos to all sorts of random comic book movie posters (that most people would either have forgotten or just wouldn't know about) instead of just praising the awesomeness of all the recent Marvel movies.

Not sure if I agree with the top-spot choice, but I definitely agree that that poster had the best tagline of any comic book movie.

Best Comic Book Movie Posters

An unusually brilliant and intelligent IGN article that gives kudos to all sorts of random comic book movie posters (that most people would either have forgotten or just wouldn't know about) instead of just praising the awesomeness of all the recent Marvel movies.

Not sure if I agree with the top-spot choice, but I definitely agree that that poster had the best tagline of any comic book movie.

I didn't read it but they had some pretty good choices, except for Transformers and Spider-man3 which I would not say were good posters.

I didn't read it but they had some pretty good choices, except for Transformers and Spider-man3 which I would not say were good posters.

Yeah. And I didn't actually think the poster they had for The Dark Knight was terribly worthy of being so high on the list, either.

My favourites from the list were:

- The Shadow
- Batman Begins
- Rocketeer

What did you think was bad about the Spider-Man 3 poster?

~~

Anyway, it was a good list, but if I could've taken one poster off of it, it would be the Watchmen/Rorschach one. It was fun to look at fangasm-wise, but in the back of my head it was and is the first warning bell that this film was going to be more style than substance. It doesn't scream "A STORY LIKE NONE YOU'VE SEEN BEFORE!" either.

What should have been on there?
batman_forever_1.jpg

Period.

Because there was nothing special, it's just a photo with nothing interesting to it, not style, nothing

It was interesting based on the fact he was in a Black costume something he hadn't been in 1 and 2 plus the rain effect let you know Peter was going to a dark place.

Last edited:
Because there was nothing special, it's just a photo with nothing interesting to it, not style, nothing

I completely disagree.

It wasn't as breathtakingly epic as the poster for Spidey-2, but made you stop and look. This is the Spider-Man we know, only all the red and blue of the previous posters(on-costume and off) was completely drained away. It was all black. It was pouring rain. What the **** could've done this? It's different, and it makes you want to know why. Also, it lets fans know that this will be the symbiote movie.

Content, originality and intrigue - I think it's a fine poster.

I completely disagree.

It wasn't as breathtakingly epic as the poster for Spidey-2, but made you stop and look. This is the Spider-Man we know, only all the red and blue of the previous posters(on-costume and off) was completely drained away. It was all black. It was pouring rain. What the **** could've done this? It's different, and it makes you want to know why. Also, it lets fans know that this will be the symbiote movie.

Content, originality and intrigue - I think it's a fine poster.

I'm talking more about composition then some deeper meaning by simple desaturating a fairly tame photo and adding rain. There are so much more interesting ways to present that concept you talked about. Through positioning of the model as well as the background. Maybe if they added a bit more extreme contrast of whit and black you would have something more worthy to place in a list, but right now its just so bland and uninteresting.

gagamboy.jpg
Now THAT's a great comic book movie poster.

EDIT: Well okay, it's taken from a DVD, but it was originally a poster.

Last edited:
I really don't see what's special about ANY of the Spider-Man posters.

I definitely agree about the Batman Forever poster though, that one is great.

Looking through those posters just reminded me how lackluster Superhero Movie Posters can be... I think that Rocketeer should have been MUCH higher. THATS a great poster.

I definitely agree about the Batman Forever poster though, that one is great.

Looking through those posters just reminded me how lackluster Superhero Movie Posters can be... I think that Rocketeer should have been MUCH higher. THATS a great poster.

I agree. It kinda reminds me of DC's The New Frontier.

I agree, I didn't complain about that one spider-man 2 they had, because the sequel did have some good posters and that did have a lot of interest kinetic energy in it and the reflection was great.
The one for the first movie, with Spider-Man climbing up a wall, towards the camera was amazing and breathtaking and I had it on my wall for years.

Ehh, I have that one two but the thing is in most spider-man posters it just looks so awkward the positions he's in

I still remember seeing the Spider-Man 1 poster for the first time, appropriately, halfway up a building in an alley downtown somewhere.

We have it, the full-size version, framed in glass in our living room.

We also have throughout the house, full size and framed the exact same way, The Rocketeer poster, the Batman 1989 one(on the wall next to my bed, the rest of which is completely covered in years worth of posters and drawings), and this one fromThe Mask.

Latest posts

Back