The All About Comics Thread 5: Comic Books Ate My Paycheck

The Woods is off to a great start. It is nice to see James doing such great work.

My shop didn't order any. Which especially sucks as I ordered it. Last week Southern Bastards #1 didn't come in. It always seems to be with books I get...

Re: Multiversity is finally coming in August

Avengers has been nothing but multiple universes attacking each other right now.

New Avengers is that. Avengers is all about the future which, given the nature of comics, could be seen as alternate worlds.

Last edited:

So after looking into the upcoming Spider-Verse event from Marvel, I withdraw my complaint about DC's handling of their multiple universes. Holy crap, Miles Morales is crossing over with 616 not only in the Spider-Verse comics and its multiple spin-offs, but also crossing over with the 616 X-Men in All-New X-Men #31-35.

Bloody hell, Marvel. Is this a prelude of you finally bringing Miles to the 616 universe permanently? Especially since Ultimate FF has been cancelled, and it seems All-New Ultimates will be cancelled/ending with #12 come next January (according to the wording of an upcoming issue, #10, seeming to kick off the "climax" of the series, ie, end).

So yeah, Marvel is horrible about it as well, it seems.

Maybe it's because my first comic was Ultimate Spider-Man but I've NEVER had a problem with multiverses. I find them pretty easy to understand and follow. Granted I wouldn't be able to tell you what name goes to what but I'd imagine most comic readers can't either.

Maybe it's because my first comic was Ultimate Spider-Man but I've NEVER had a problem with multiverses. I find them pretty easy to understand and follow. Granted I wouldn't be able to tell you what name goes to what but I'd imagine most comic readers can't either.

It's not that I have a problem with multiverses in general, it's the sheer amount of them, and the large number of alternate versions of existing characters that populate each of those alternate universes. So 52 different Supermen or Batmen, or who knows how many Spider-Men.

It's not that I have a problem with multiverses in general, it's the sheer amount of them, and the large number of alternate versions of existing characters that populate each of those alternate universes. So 52 different Supermen or Batmen, or who knows how many Spider-Men.

Why? That's one of my favorite part of comics. You get to see so many different takes on your favorite characters.

New Avengers is that. Avengers is all about the future which, given the nature of comics, could be seen as alternate worlds.

That's a very recent development, like within the last 4-5 issues. Avengers proper and New Avengers have basically been the same story up until this started but with different characters.

Why? That's one of my favorite part of comics. You get to see so many different takes on your favorite characters.

Agreed. Ultimates is one of my favorite books for this reason, and Earth X is probably the best event book Marvel ever did.

Latest posts

Back