Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man: Big Time (ASM #648 and beyond)

Talk about gross mischaracterization, something I think Slott would never do.

He took Phil Urich, founder of Loners, and the heroic Green Goblin, and made him a by the book villain who just wants to get in the hot blond's pants.

Yup. He did.

In about three of four panels too.

Horrible.

Done.

Too be far he's always been off his nut, he snapped and attacked the Loners at the end of the Loners mini, he was also a total chode to Darkhawk and Turbo in War of Kings: Darkhawk

but yeah it's still pretty much a faceheelturn for the character though

He took Phil Urich, founder of Loners, and the heroic Green Goblin, and made him a by the book villain who just wants to get in the hot blond's pants.
Oy, as far as I'm concerned back in the day he just wanted to get in Joystick's pants too, so that's not much different. However, since I have no clue how he got he powers since I couldn't stand his mini (even though people talked wonders about it, at the time I was sick of Spider-Man related spin-offs) I can't say that this is the Goblin Serum finally making him go crazy or something.

Talk about gross mischaracterization, something I think Slott would never do.

I'd go on a psycho murder spree for Hot Blond Reporter too.

picked up and read ASM #650 yesterday.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going. I like how crazy this Hobgoblin is. But he's also calculating too. It's good stuff.

picked up and read ASM #650 yesterday.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going. I like how crazy this Hobgoblin is. But he's also calculating too. It's good stuff.

Didn't read it yet. What the deal with the new spider-man.

I'm personally fond of the idea of multiple costumes, some with specializations. It makes sense to me.

Last edited:
It really doesn't matter, no matter what happens they will always revert back to the original, so let them have some fun with the design every so often.

preview art for Amazing Spider-Man #655 (February) by Marcos Martin

detail.jpg

Picked up and read ASM #651 yesterday. Don't know how i didn't catch on before, but I just realized that they made Phil Urich nega-Peter Parker. He's the hard-luck loser who can't get a girl and works for the Daily Bugle and sells them footage of himself as the Hobgoblin. he even says at the end of the issue that being Hobgoblin has given him a lot of new responsibilities, but with all that responsibility comes great power.

Up next: Scorpion and Spider-Slayers.

Picked up and read ASM #651 yesterday. Don't know how i didn't catch on before, but I just realized that they made Phil Urich nega-Peter Parker. He's the hard-luck loser who can't get a girl and works for the Daily Bugle and sells them footage of himself as the Hobgoblin. he even says at the end of the issue that being Hobgoblin has given him a lot of new responsibilities, but with all that responsibility comes great power.

Yeah I totally didn't clue in on that either until his last little speech. I like it though.

Up next: Scorpion and Spider-Slayers.

I keep hoping the girl Scorpion will make an appearance but I doubt it.

ASM #652. Good stuff. I've never been a huge fan of Dann Slott on Spider-Man, but he's doing a really good job.

I liked the issue, but I wish they would leave the whole MJ/Peter thing alone. Every time they have a scene with him and her thinking about their past, it just makes me mad again. I'm trying to accept it and move on, stop rubbing it in my face!

Yeah, they should move her out of the core cast for a while. I like that they are continuing with the backups too, I like Van Lente's Power Man.

everytime i see it it still bugs me, heh no pun intended

smythe keeps blabbering about his insect army, but spiders and scorpions arent insects, he can get away with the spider thing, because well a spider slayer isnt an actual ... you know... thing. But come on The Scorpion is the real villain-draw for the arc, surrounding him with all these insect characters make it really seem like he should have been saved for another arc.

however, this issue was still pretty good, I enjoy the whole set-up so far, just the scorpion quibbel bothers me more than it probably should

I really hope we get to see the conversation between Iron Fist and Spider-Man next time they meet, this calls for a "Dude! WTF?!" "I dunno man" type interchange

Latest posts

Back