The Authority

UltimateE said:
I picked up the first trade and just couldn't get into it. I got about half way through it, realized I didn't get what was going on, and went back to start over again before realizing that I didn't really care. I just didn't connect. SO I returned it and got something else.

The bad thing for me is that I have this nagging feeling that I would really enjoy Millar's work on the book, but I can't really get his stuff without reading Ellis's.

We know already. :D

Dragging up an old thread for a good reason...

Wildstorm is finally getting the balls to bring out the big names on their big titles....

And so, announced in this weeks Wizard, The Authority will be written by none other than..

GRANT MORRISON!!!

And with that...The brand spanking new "The Midnighter" title will be written by...

GARTH ENNIS!!!

Goddamn, it'll be good to see these characters not suck once again...

Although I have been liking Authority: Revolution, but its just not the same without the edgy awesomeness.

My first two trades in coming back into comics were Watchman and Absolute Authority V1... ahhh the nostalgia for seriously good comics. How I love Jenny Sparks (and now Jenny Quantum!)

Millar's run (and the subsequent Morrison run) were not my favorites, and that's about the best thing I can say about them. Brubaker's relaunch was excellent but suffered from poor sales mostly (IMO due to fan annoyance over the way the title has been jerked around over the years and nothing to do with Brubaker's actual WRITING or plotting).

Here is a great site with info on the behind-the-scenes problems and issues:
Authority Continuity Pages

Grant Morrison on the Authority? Yeah, I'll buy that.

I want to take a look at Brubaker's Authority. I'm sure I will at some point.

Bass said:
Grant Morrison on the Authority? Yeah, I'll buy that.

I want to take a look at Brubaker's Authority. I'm sure I will at some point.

I liked Brubaker's Authority. He ties up stuff from Stormwatch and changes a lot of the team around.

But it's great.

I'm interested in the new books as well.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Dragging up an old thread for a good reason...

Wildstorm is finally getting the balls to bring out the big names on their big titles....

And so, announced in this weeks Wizard, The Authority will be written by none other than..

GRANT MORRISON!!!

And with that...The brand spanking new "The Midnighter" title will be written by...

GARTH ENNIS!!!

Goddamn, it'll be good to see these characters not suck once again...

Although I have been liking Authority: Revolution, but its just not the same without the edgy awesomeness.
Well. **** yes gentlemen.

Looks like I'm on board for the entire Wildstorm relaunch so far. Means I'm going to have to drop almost all of my marvel books, but I'm okay with that.

marvelman said:
I got the second volume today.

THAT was crazy. And I loved every bit of it. :D

Yes, that's pretty good, with The Authority fighting friggin' Jack Kirby and his creations.

The Authority needs a theme song.

"The Authority! **** yeah! They're gonna kick your heads in! **** yeah! Because they're The Authority! **** yeah! They're gonna rip your spines out your throat!"

ahhaha!

I'll record it. I also made another song, so maybe ill let you all hear that too.

Re: The Authority (now with Grant Morrison)

thought this could do with a bump saying as its to continue with grant morrison and gene ha

looking forward to it, totally love the authority and brubakers run REALLY needs an ABSOLUTE treatment :D

Re: The Authority (now with Grant Morrison)

Jackie Estacado said:
thought this could do with a bump saying as its to continue with grant morrison and gene ha

Will definitely check this out.

Latest posts

Back