And Mrs. Livingston.

And Doc Brass

Someone stop me

I picked 'em up and read 'em.

They were really good. I really like Jenny Quantum - and I SO did not see
The Doctor
getting killed, nor
Henry Bendix
returning - though it was quite obvious Midnighter was being set up.

But no, these 12 issues were really good. I miss the 4-part Authority uber-blam, but this was a good take on them. Were these 12 issues all there was?

Yes, but think of it as a return to their original places as a more Universal Authority under the control of someone with a sense of Humor (in other words, Jenny Quantum, not Jack Hawksmoor)...

All meant to set up the upcoming Morrisson run on the ongoing series.

Yes, the
Doctor
dying was a sad moment indeed. :(

The new Doctor is cool
I like him, but it's weird.

Also, Morrison on Jenny Quantumn?

This is a good thing as Morrison will have some fun with her.

This is a bad thing because her powers are so badly defined, she's going to be not only horrifically inconsistent, but a deus ex machina on legs, smoking a cigarette.

I'm hoping that she'll get 'reigned in' to a certain extent, creatively speaking - and not in a "Super Powers 100" Top Trumps kind of way.

well brubaker made jenny vulnerable in her fight against bendix, has bendix had more experience and what-not on jenny.

i think morrison will play on her inexperience and rash-youthfulness in his stories :wink:

Bass said:
I picked 'em up and read 'em.

They were really good. I really like Jenny Quantum - and I SO did not see
The Doctor
getting killed, nor
Henry Bendix
returning - though it was quite obvious Midnighter was being set up.

But no, these 12 issues were really good. I miss the 4-part Authority uber-blam, but this was a good take on them. Were these 12 issues all there was?

Alas, yes.

The Brubaker run had its strengths and its weaknesses but overall I liked it better than the Millar issues and not quite as much as the original Ellis issues (and far better than the other stuff).

I really liked his take on Jenny Quantum - I knew Brubaker could write a strong Midnighter and probably Hawksmoor, because that is "his" type of character, but Jenny turned out rather well, too. Just enough Jenny Sparks in the character and just enough different. The
new Doctor
was good, too, though a couple of the characters just languished - Shen and Apollo were pretty flat. It'll be interesting to see how
Rose
gets worked in - sort of hard for me to believe her instant conversion, although the Doctor's powers are amazing...

Last edited:
No no no. I was Nextwaving it up. I was with you, on your demands for more Authority, NOW!

Aaaaaaargh, I say.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
CAPITAL LETTERS!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I've read the first two volumes of Authority. Plus the special "Human On The Inside" trade.

It all rocks. The ideas are so freakin bizarre, I love it,

Especially the destruction of Salt Lake City, Utah. That was some truth there about the gambling. But the Mormon church banned more than one spouse a long time ago. They are thier own faction now in a town on the Arizona border. It's a place to have to visit.

I really dug the Lobo crossover. That was so brillant.

I'm excited for the relaunch.

Last edited:
If you haven't read The Authority: Revolution, it's a must-read. It supposedly sets up Morrison's relaunch, and is a turning point in the team.

Brubaker's run was very... underappreciated. It's very good, and it sets up some "new" characters. There was a controversial choice mid-run that a lot of people don't like (I was sorry to see it happen).

Brubaker wrote a very good Midnighter, Jack and Jenny - the other characters languished a bit in the background, but it all comes together in the end.

Latest posts

Back