The Dark Knight {Spoilers Abound}

No he doesn't... Not even a little...

The Riddler is all about Mysteries. He's like an Anti-Detective. He creates mysteries that he thinks nobody can solve but himself...

The Joker is about Chaos.

They are extraordinarily different characters, especially the way they seem to be taking this series. They are only similar if they are silly rediculous characters who make a lot of puns. I don't think they'll do that with The Riddler, and they sure as hell didn't with The Joker.

Well said.

That's a good supporting villain, but how is he supposed to carry a whole movie?

Still the riddler is a step down from the joker and considering Riddler isn't very menacing in the comics, how is he going to carry a whole movie?

Ummm...pretty sure no one is saying Riddler should carry a film by himself as the only villain. What they're saying is he should appear in a supporting villain role, basically.

The Riddler wouldn't have to be a serial killer to be a credible threat.

The Riddler could be presented as someone with a deep-seated hatred of lies, and secrets, so he dedicates his life towards unraveling the greatest secret Gotham has, the truth behind Harvey Dent, and the secret of the Batman murders.

Since Bruce decided to shoulder the responsibility of Harvey's actions, he would naturally have to stop The Riddler at any cost.

Anyone who has privately deducted the identity of Batman is a credible threat in this franchise. I am more convinced than ever that Mr. Reese is simply a name this guy created when he entered Wayne Industries. Perhaps he's blackmailed many of these corporate people over the years, deducing their indiscretions and making money off of it. Perhaps his original name is Edward Nashton, or maybe he'll have to change his name to avoid being hunted down by the literal thousands of people who are aware that he knows Batman's identity. Maybe he'll change it to Nygma. We'll see what they'll do, but Mr. Reese's story isn't over just yet.

Perhaps Bane is the one to get the identity out of him. The one to solve the riddle he leaves behind, leading to Bane's invasion of Wayne Manor.

I like the idea of Bane and The Riddler being the villains of the story, with Catwoman in as the new love interest/sometimes ally.

Anyone who has privately deducted the identity of Batman is a credible threat in this franchise. I am more convinced than ever that Mr. Reese is simply a name this guy created when he entered Wayne Industries. Perhaps he's blackmailed many of these corporate people over the years, deducing their indiscretions and making money off of it. Perhaps his original name is Edward Nashton, or maybe he'll have to change his name to avoid being hunted down by the literal thousands of people who are aware that he knows Batman's identity. Maybe he'll change it to Nygma. We'll see what they'll do, but Mr. Reese's story isn't over just yet.

Perhaps Bane is the one to get the identity out of him. The one to solve the riddle he leaves behind, leading to Bane's invasion of Wayne Manor.

I like the idea of Bane and The Riddler being the villains of the story, with Catwoman in as the new love interest/sometimes ally.

...did anyone read my thoughts for the sequel??

I'd love to see Catwoman, but I honestly wonder if the character can be pulled off in the Nolan-verse without standing out like a sore thumb.

Sorry, too many bad memories of Halle Berry's Catwoman.

I'd love to see Catwoman, but I honestly wonder if the character can be pulled off in the Nolan-verse without standing out like a sore thumb.

Catwoman could work as a supporting character, though not the big bad.

Catwoman could work as a supporting character, though not the big bad.

I agree, but I wonder about the character herself working. I'd prefer they stay away from the approach Pfieffer and Berry used in the movie portrayals, and maybe something closer to the comics Year One Catwoman. Still, something irks me about the character working in the Nolan movies. I'm unsure if a perfect blending of the classic comic book concepts and the real world approach to the character that the movies have taken so far will produce a worthwhile character for a third Batman. I don't doubt it can be done, I'm just blank on an idea of how to go about it.

I agree, but I wonder about the character herself working. I'd prefer they stay away from the approach Pfieffer and Berry used in the movie portrayals, and maybe something closer to the comics Year One Catwoman. Still, something irks me about the character working in the Nolan movies. I'm unsure if a perfect blending of the classic comic book concepts and the real world approach to the character that the movies have taken so far will produce a worthwhile character for a third Batman. I don't doubt it can be done, I'm just blank on an idea of how to go about it.

She not a complex character, a jewel theif that makes Batman horny. Its fun side character and not that hard to do, but she couldn't carry a whole movie.

Really any Batman character can work as a side/lower threat character in the nolanverse. But I would like a Batman movie without a love interest for once. I hate most love interest plot lines in movies.

That Reese guy was a wuss. All he did was steal a bunch of documents from Applied Sciences.

Agreed. I don't think he's the Riddler.

Same here. I hope he isn't Riddler. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously. Kinda like Eric Foreman as Venom.

David Goyer admits they have talked about Batman 3, and have a villain in mind.
Kinda interesting. Nothing big though.

I have a question about the movie. After he cut off the piece of the wall with the bullet in it, why was he shooting the other pieces with the different bullets, using that machine. Was he just looking for a bullet match? Because after that he reconstructs the bullet to get the finger print, while he could have done without firing the bullets using that machine gun thing. Just a little question I had.

Last edited:
Fun thing to do: Next time you see this movie, count how many dogs Batman kills.

I counted three, but i may be wrong (one off the balcony in the parking garage, one down the elevator shaft in the building, and another one looks and sounds like he's breaking its neck).

Batman hates dogs, apparently.

Fun thing to do: Next time you see this movie, count how many dogs Batman kills.

I counted three, but i may be wrong (one off the balcony in the parking garage, one down the elevator shaft in the building, and another one looks and sounds like he's breaking its neck).

Are you sure he actually killed the dogs?

Same here. I hope he isn't Riddler. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously. Kinda like Eric Foreman as Venom.

David Goyer admits they have talked about Batman 3, and have a villain in mind.
Kinda interesting. Nothing big though.

I have a question about the movie. After he cut off the piece of the wall with the bullet in it, why was he shooting the other pieces with the different bullets, using that machine. Was he just looking for a bullet match? Because after that he reconstructs the bullet to get the finger print, while he could have done without firing the bullets using that machine gun thing. Just a little question I had.
He needed to find out what kind of bullet made the hole and the scan the two using the new one as a control. the differences between the two would be the finger print which he digitally remade.

I think he either knocked them out or just threw them to the floor below

What about Catwoman wouldn't work in the Nolanverse? Obviously ignoring Berry's Catwoman.

I mean, all she is is a cat burglar who wears a disguise to conceal her identity. Much like the titular character is a vigilante who wears a disguise to conceal his identity. Plus, she presents a moral dilemma for Batman.

Obviously, she wouldn't be the movie's main villain. She'd be the Two-Face of Batman 3. I honestly think a movie about the Riddler and Catwoman would be a great follow-up to this movie. And, if you really want, throw in the Penguin as the guy who took over Falcone's empire.

He needed to find out what kind of bullet made the hole and the scan the two using the new one as a control. the differences between the two would be the finger print which he digitally remade.

Thanks that makes sense. Anyone know who the five people Two-Face kills are? All I have is two, Maroni's driver and the cop in that bar. That leaves three, one of which has to be a cop. Were they off camera?

Latest posts

Back