The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Discussion/spoilers)

Finished in exactly 50 hours (give or take a minute or two), with 42 (out of 60) Poes, all golden bugs, all four bottles, final quiver upgrade, all bomb bags, the magic armour, the hawkeye, all areas unlocked and pathways opened, and 18.3 hearts.

In general, very happy. An excellent game, deserving of it's praise. I am however a little bit miffed by the lack of certain Zelda staples like the fire and ice arrows, the Goron bracelets, the Pegasus shoes etc, and lack of any extra swords (ie Big Goron sword) or shields (ie Mirror Shield) was a bit dissapointing. Also, certain areas were REALLY underutilised. Gerudo desert really needed a settlement in it, likewise the Snowpeak mountains. There's something of a lack of populated areas, there could/should have been a couple more large towns. The City in the Sky, while excellent, really should have been larger, and less focused around the dungeon. If anyone's ever seen Miyazaki's Laputa, then that's what I'm talking about. On top of this, there are certain annoyances, for instance regarding the ease of finding rupees and the lack of anything to spend it on that couldn't be found by killing enemies, resulting in my wallet (even the 1000 rupee one) being almost constantly full.

Nevertheless, despite my gripes with the game, which are admittedly plentiful, the sheer scope, the variety of tasks and areas, and the glorious art design are more than enough to make up for any little niggles. A very fine game then, and although not quite up to the standard that Ocarina set, it's close.

havent played in weeks, when i last left off it was at the boss room of sky city, but i couldnt figure out how to get over the huge gap right at the door.

I just reached the final dungeon. Midna using the Fused Shadows was awesome.

Also, what the hell is with Zant? One moment, he's a total badass, the next he's a psycho that shrinks when you stub his toe.

I just reached the final dungeon. Midna using the Fused Shadows was awesome.

Also, what the hell is with Zant? One moment, he's a total badass, the next he's a psycho that shrinks when you stub his toe.

I agree, They really cheapened him

I agree, They really cheapened him

Looking back, his boss fight was much more comical then compared to others. Actually, TP had a surprising amount of silly moments for a game that seemed to be going for an "epic" feel.

Now if only they had Tingle...

This is how lame I am:

I just started the game. I have the fishing rod. I can't figure out how to make it work. That's how much I suck. Please help.

When stuff like this happen check the game book. I believe you pull the wii remote up and use it to cast

This is how lame I am:

I just started the game. I have the fishing rod. I can't figure out how to make it work. That's how much I suck. Please help.

Don't feel bad. I can't work that stupid thing.

I think you hold the trigger, cast it (make a casting motion with the remote), jiggle it around a little until you see some fish come toward it, then yank it out of the water. Hold the remote above your head for a few moments and he'll eventually pull it up.

Can anyone who has the stagedy guide scan the map for the sky temple for me? I'm on the search for the last poe and cannot find the dame thing, I'm thinking it might be in the sky temple but the descriptions I found are hard to follow.

Can anyone who has the stagedy guide scan the map for the sky temple for me? I'm on the search for the last poe and cannot find the dame thing, I'm thinking it might be in the sky temple but the descriptions I found are hard to follow.

oh i know exactly where it is. at a part where you have to jump strings as the wolf. sometime before you beat the boss. your outside too and the area is like a big circle. you climb up a spot with vines and you do the tight rope thing. and on the outer part there is a poe. i think.

oh i know exactly where it is. at a part where you have to jump strings as the wolf. sometime before you beat the boss. your outside too and the area is like a big circle. you climb up a spot with vines and you do the tight rope thing. and on the outer part there is a poe. i think.

Dammit! That means I've gotten both in that temple, WHERE THE HELL IS THIS BASTARD?

Dammit! That means I've gotten both in that temple, WHERE THE HELL IS THIS BASTARD?
"sky temple"? lol. Careful, the Zelda nerds will "Gannon ban" you for that. :lol:
There's another poe in City-in-the-Sky, in the room with the moving peahats..where you have to dangle from the clawshot in some spots to get through the broken walls..Same room as the heart piece. There is a round area off the side with one tree in it, and a chest..and a poe.
did you get that one?

Last edited:
"sky temple"? lol. Careful, the Zelda nerds will "Gannon ban" you for that. :lol:
There's another poe in City-in-the-Sky, in the room with the moving peahats..where you have to dangle from the clawshot in some spots to get through the broken walls..Same room as the heart piece. There is a round area off the side with one tree in it, and a chest..and a poe.
did you get that one?

Yes I have, the only place I'm not certian about it the underground way into the castle and I can't find my way back into that. #2 on this map

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/928519/46196

Yes I have, the only place I'm not certian about it the underground way into the castle and I can't find my way back into that. #2 on this map

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/928519/46196
oh..the underground passageway to Hyrule Castle? Go into Castletown as wolf, and dig into Jovani's House..( next to a wall with all the cats )..the open treasure chest is the entrance..not sure if you can backtrack there after Zelda saves Midna though.

oh..the underground passageway to Hyrule Castle? Go into Castletown as wolf, and dig into Jovani's House..( next to a wall with all the cats )..the open treasure chest is the entrance..not sure if you can backtrack there after Zelda saves Midna though.

Been there, but isn't midna suppose do that leaping thing? Cause she didn't So I may be screwed here.

Latest posts

Back