The Marvel Movie Reporting Thread.

Fox Opening Registration for X-Men: First Class?
Source: D.Mac
July 28, 2008

An interesting listing at Production Weekly caught our eye - "X-Men: First Class." Could 20th Century Fox be developing a movie based on the series written by Jeff Parker and pencilled by Roger Cruz? Or are they using the title of that comic for their proposed Young X-Men spin-off?

What makes it even more interesting is that X-MenFirstClass.com redirects to FoxMovies.com.

more here http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=7551

could be true since Scott is in Wolverine and if he's young scott it could connect to this no?

more here http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=7551

could be true since Scott is in Wolverine and if he's young scott it could connect to this no?
I doubt that because a young Scott is in Wolverine means this is connected. FOX had mentioned (Or Marvel) that they wanted a young X-Men movie.

If it's based on Jeff Parker's series, then it wouldn't be connected as it's the original X-Men only in their early days.

I doubt that because a young Scott is in Wolverine means this is connected. FOX had mentioned (Or Marvel) that they wanted a young X-Men movie.

If it's based on Jeff Parker's series, then it wouldn't be connected as it's the original X-Men only in their early days.

True but I assuming they would have a young scott in wolverine then in X-men first class since it won't have wolverine have a comment like Prof X asked him what he thought of wolverine and scott to reply "he would never work in our team" or something as a joke for later movies that focused on him more.

I don't know that was just my trail of thought

I'd just prefer a reboot of the series all together in a few years with Wolverine pushed more into the background a la Astonishing. In fact they should call it Astonishing X-Men.

A reboot of an existing, successful franchise, one still in production no less, is probably not in the books.

I'm just saying I'd prefer it is all. And when they do the team better be stacked. Scott, Jean, Hank, Bobby, Peter, Kitty, Ororo and Logan. Maybe even do the first arc of Millar's run on Ultimate X-Men, with Magneto leading a fleet of Sentinels against Washington.

I'd just prefer a reboot of the series all together in a few years with Wolverine pushed more into the background a la Astonishing. In fact they should call it Astonishing X-Men.

The problem with that is, how will the new movies be any different from the old movies? How will these post reboot movies not become just a rehash of the previous movies?

Since the whole team is dead, I imagine it could easily take place "now" as sort of a second generation story.

The whole team is not dead, just Cyke, Jean and xavier (though Rogues is depowered and Xavier is still sort of alive.) They still have Storm, Beast, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Colossus and of course Wolverine. Plus they can introduce new characters.

Last edited:
Vin Diesel wants to be a Marvel villain.

CBR:

"I've been holding out [on doing a comic book movie] and the reason why I've been holding out is because I am going ... I'm waiting to do a film where the protagonist is the villain," Diesel said. "I'm kind of done with the Marvel hero. I now want to see ... what would be exciting to me, and no one's come to me with yet, is a film about a villain that we're familiar with at Marvel, and showing the complexities of ..."

CBR:

"I've been holding out [on doing a comic book movie] and the reason why I've been holding out is because I am going ... I'm waiting to do a film where the protagonist is the villain," Diesel said. "I'm kind of done with the Marvel hero. I now want to see ... what would be exciting to me, and no one's come to me with yet, is a film about a villain that we're familiar with at Marvel, and showing the complexities of ..."
Vin Diesel baby, let's talk about my Namor pitch.

CBR:

Vinny would work as abosrbing Man.

CBR:

The story from Deadline Hollywood is that director Jon Favreau is lobbying to bring the sequel to sunny Los Angeles. "Saturday's meeting was pushed by Favreau who wants to keep 'Iron Man 2's' $140 million production in Los Angeles," the site said. "The director's motivation is personal -- the family man has a clause in his contracts saying his shoots must stick close to home." More? "Marvel Studios intends to keep $600 million in productions in the Los Angeles area if the state makes it worth their while -- 'Iron Man 2,' 'Thor,' 'Captain America,' and 'Avengers' which takes the slate through 2011."

CBR:

Ghost Rider 2:

Possible, according to actor Nic Cage, who told Superhero Hype "... had a nice meeting with the studio about 3-months ago, and we talked about going international with that character. Taking him into Europe, having him go on a motorcycle tour through Europe, and he's connected with the church, if you can believe that. So it sort of has elements to it that are very much in the zeitgeist, with 'The Da Vinci Code' and things like that."

Last edited:
CBR:

Ghost Rider 2:

Possible, according to actor Nic Cage, who told Superhero Hype "... had a nice meeting with the studio about 3-months ago, and we talked about going international with that character. Taking him into Europe, having him go on a motorcycle tour through Europe, and he's connected with the church, if you can believe that. So it sort of has elements to it that are very much in the zeitgeist, with 'The Da Vinci Code' and things like that."

Oh, for Christ's sake...

:roll:

Latest posts

Back