They did. Not sure if it was all of them, but they did many of them. I have some Avengers, Spider-Man, and Hulk Masterworks TPBs. I *think* they were printed specifically for Barnes & Noble.

Yeah, they were for Barnes and Noble only. But they were just a handful of the Masterworks, and I already have the Essentials for them, so they weren't a piority. I would need an ongoing commitment to paperbacking them, even if it's a year or two after the hardcover release.

But like I say, when it's time for me to switch over, I'd like it to be to Omnibuses (if they keep them in print. . . ).

A Civil War Omnibus would be GREAT because the TPBs collect things all out of order. An Omnibus could collect the mini and all the tie-ins and present them in order.

A Civil War Omnibus would be GREAT because the TPBs collect things all out of order. An Omnibus could collect the mini and all the tie-ins and present them in order.

But then Marvel would have to figure out what order they were supposed to be in.

Once I get a paycheck, I'll be going for the Daredevil Omnibus and the New X-men omnibus. Eventually I'll hit the Uncanny one, as well.

Well, I have the Alias and I'm waiting for DCBS to ship my Frank Miller DD. I'm getting a little worried about the Frank Miller. It was on the confirmed shipping list at the beginning of the month and a few people I know already have it, but its not showing as having come in with DCBS yet. If its not listed next week I'm e-mailing them.

Anyone else wish the Omnibus line was a little more different than the Oversized Hardcovers? I want them a little more like Absolutes with nicer spines and a bit bigger. My Alias Omnibus eats word balloons and my Absolutes never do that.

Last edited:
Once I get a paycheck, I'll be going for the Daredevil Omnibus and the New X-men omnibus. Eventually I'll hit the Uncanny one, as well.

Uncanny is out of print and you might need a few paychecks to get it.

Well, I have the Alias and I'm waiting for DCBS to ship my Frank Miller DD. I'm getting a little worried about the Frank Miller. It was on the confirmed shipping list at the beginning of the month and a few people I know already have it, but its not showing as having come in with DCBS yet. If its not listed next week I'm e-mailing them.

Anyone else wish the Omnibus line was a little more different than the Oversized Hardcovers? I want them a little more like Absolutes with nicer spines and a bit bigger. My Alias Omnibus eats word balloons and my Absolutes never do that.

The DD Omnibus was delayed. I just got an email from Amazon saying it is shipping the 28th. Give it a few more days.

I like them the size they are. It's not meant to be the beautiful collection that the Absolutes are, just a very, very large collection. I like that they sit nicely on the shelf with my hardcovers.

A Runaway's one would be cool (Vol. 1: #1-18, + Vol. 2: #1-24)

I would definatley buy an Annihilation Omnibus (Drax: Earthfall #1-4, Annihilation: Prologue, Annihilation: Nova #1-4, Annihilation: Silver Surfer #1-4, Annihilation: Super-Skrull #1-4, Annihilation: Ronan #1-4, Annihilation #1-6, Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #1 - Terrax/Stardust, Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus #2 - Firelord/Silver Surfer, Nova #1, Annihilation: Saga, Annihilation: Nova Corp.'s Files #1)

Uncanny is out of print and you might need a few paychecks to get it.

The DD Omnibus was delayed. I just got an email from Amazon saying it is shipping the 28th. Give it a few more days.

I like them the size they are. It's not meant to be the beautiful collection that the Absolutes are, just a very, very large collection. I like that they sit nicely on the shelf with my hardcovers.

I saw two copies of the Uncanny Omnibus at a Barnes & Nobles near me, so I'm hoping they'll have them by the time I get the money.

I saw the Daredevil Omnibus at my LCS. :? I heard nothing about any delay...

Last edited:
I saw two copies of the Uncanny Omnibus at a Barnes & Nobles near me, so I'm hoping they'll have them by the time I get the money.

I saw the Daredevil Omnibus at my LCS. :? I heard nothing about any delay...

Really...? If they are both still there when you go, let me know if you would be able and willing to pick the other up for me.

Really...? If they are both still there when you go, let me know if you would be able and willing to pick the other up for me.

I won't be able to check for another week or so, but if you're still wondering about the Uncanny one around then, I'll be sure to look for you.

And, we're talking about THIS uncanny one, right?

0785121013.jpg

Last edited:
I won't be able to check for another week or so, but if you're still wondering about the Uncanny one around then, I'll be sure to look for you.

And, we're talking about THIS uncanny one, right?

0785121013.jpg

That's the one. And thanks, I really appreciate it.

I don't suppose you have any discount to use on it?

Let me know when you do it and I will get the money to you - money order, Paypal, etc. plus shipping of course.

Neither Borders nor B&N around here stock any Omnibus collections. I didn't know any regular bookstores did.

That's the one. And thanks, I really appreciate it.

I don't suppose you have any discount to use on it?

Let me know when you do it and I will get the money to you - money order, Paypal, etc. plus shipping of course.

Neither Borders nor B&N around here stock any Omnibus collections. I didn't know any regular bookstores did.

My mom has a discount, but I think it expired a little bit ago. So it'll be a straight-up $100, to my knowledge.

I just hope both copies are there when I return.

My mom has a discount, but I think it expired a little bit ago. So it'll be a straight-up $100, to my knowledge.

I just hope both copies are there when I return.

Cool. Just let me know.

The Borders nearest me has a big Absolute display with Kingdom Come, Dark Knight and New Frontier.

The Borders nearest me has a big Absolute display with Kingdom Come, Dark Knight and New Frontier.

Yeah, mine has Absolute books - no special display for them, just in with the other GNs - just no Omnibus books.

Well, I e-mailed them and haven't gotten anything back. And Amazon changed it from pre-order to one of their "ships in 4-6 weeks" deals.

What bothers me is that since its not on this shipment I won't get to read it till the end of April now with the way things ship. :cry:

WHOO! My DD Omnibus is finally shipping! I'll have it Friday! :D

Whew! Good news. I guess there is hope after all.

I was starting to think I'd have to order it elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back