I missed out on the New X-Men Omnibus... :(

I remember seeing a Bendis/Maleev Daredevil Omnibus announced somewhere, but I don't know what's happened to it.

I missed out on the New X-Men Omnibus... :(

I remember seeing a Bendis/Maleev Daredevil Omnibus announced somewhere, but I don't know what's happened to it.

:shock:

New X-Men Omnibus is by far and away the best one. Bendis/Maleev DD would be second.

That is so awesome...I hope it's true.

The Amazing Fantasy Omnibus is interesting from a historical perspective but like most comics from that era is almost unreadable by today's standards. But its cool to browse through.
Are there any Silver Age Marvel Comics that are actually readable by today's standards?

I ask this question seriously, as I think I actually find the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four readable, even if they are chock full of bad science and thoughtlessly misogynist writing.

Are there any Silver Age Marvel Comics that are actually readable by today's standards?

I ask this question seriously, as I think I actually find the first 100 issues of Fantastic Four readable, even if they are chock full of bad science and thoughtlessly misogynist writing.

No. I really believe there isn't.

And that includes Fantastic Four - in fact, those are some of the worst.

I think I have some kind of complex about it, like I feel like I have some sort of responsibility to keep these in archives or something.

No. I really believe there isn't.

And that includes Fantastic Four - in fact, those are some of the worst.
Hm, I might just have insanely scaleable standards for comics. Or some kind of weird disease that makes me regard a lot of late 80s, early 90s unreadable and 60s stuff tolerable.

E said:
I think I have some kind of complex about it, like I feel like I have some sort of responsibility to keep these in archives or something.
Save your money for Stan Lee's Wo-Man.

I got the Frank Miller Daredevil Omnibus companion today. It's nice - it collects a couple of Spider-Man issues with DD, Miller's other smaller run that contained the Born Again story, the Man Without Fear mini which is great in spite of the art, and the Love and War graphic novel. Nice collection.

The cover is similar to the cover for the collector's variant of the first Omnibus, though, and I got the regular cover so they won't look as cool next to each other on my bookshelf.

I got my Iron Man Omnibus this week. I had never read the original Iron Man origin or any of the early early books, and I found all of the focus on transistors to be hilarious.

Hulk Omnibus next month - I'm actually excited for that.

X-MEN VOL. 1?!

teamamerica.jpg

Anyone have the Bendis/Maleev Daredevil Omnibus Vol. 1 yet? Just got a message that mine is on the way.

Anyone have the Bendis/Maleev Daredevil Omnibus Vol. 1 yet? Just got a message that mine is on the way.

I decided against it since I already have the whole run in the Oversized Hardcover format, which is pretty much just the Omnibus broken up. I'm still waiting for my Brubaker Oversized Hardcovers, but I'm guessing at this point it'll be Daredevil By Ed Brukaber in Omnibus form somewhere down the line.

Is there any real benefit to getting the Omnibus outside of having a complete run in one oversized stomach crushing hardcover tome? Like extras or something?

Is there any real benefit to getting the Omnibus outside of having a complete run in one oversized stomach crushing hardcover tome? Like extras or something?

Yes, they have extras. Whether or not they are completely unique to the omnibus in each case I'm not totally sure.

Latest posts

Back