I got my Punisher one yesterday. (Ordered from the UC store!)

It's my first Omnibus and I think I prefer DC's Absolutes more.

I got my Punisher one yesterday. (Ordered from the UC store!)

I have that and have yet to read it.

It's my first Omnibus and I think I prefer DC's Absolutes more.

I don't think they can really be compared; they are different animals. Absolute Editions act more like deluxe collector's editions of a given story...the Omnibus editions are more for collecting the whole series.

I got the Secret Wars 2 Omnibus yesterday. The thing is HUGE. It's almost 100 pages bigger than the New X-Men Omnibus.

My complaint - Amazon seems to only have the McGuiness cover variant. And it's ****ing uglier than ****. I hate it. It's so stupid and generic...

10264450.jpg

Look at that stupid ****-eating grin on Beyonder's face. He literally looks retarded. And why are Hulk and Captain America so prominent?! They are not nearly as important in the story as other characters like Molecule Man. OR THE ****ING BEYONDER HIMSELF, WHO IS RELEGATED TO A LITTLE CORNER HEAD SHOT.

I really hate that cover. I don't like McGuiness's art in the first place, but this is just ****. This cover is ruining the book for me.

One thing I do like - they did something with the binding so that the "insides" of pages don't get lost in the fold. Much easier to read that way.

It's Secret Wars II!!!

Why would you even want it!?

Thanks a lot. I had forgotten about this temporarily but you went and bumped it. Now I'm pissed off again.

Secret Wars and Secret Wars 2 are some of the first comics I'd ever read. I have a soft spot in my heart for them.

thanks a lot. I had forgotten about this temporarily but you went and bumped it. Now i'm pissed off again.

Secret wars and secret wars 2 are some of the first comics i'd ever read. I have a soft spot in my heart for them.

bump

Ok so i have the Bendis Daredevil Omnibus, and i going to get the Brubaker one when it comes out, but i feel a bit cheated.
Because the Bendis Story arc has not been finished, the last issue is after the ninja battle.
Then the Brubaker one starts up in prison, and does not even collect the whole Brubaker run, which we know now is going to finish up soon when Diggle takes over.
So i am going to be missing a couple of arcs from Bendis run, and then the Lady Bullseye and Return of King storyline from Brubaker.

I wish they had done the rest of bendis run, and then maybe the prison arc from Brubaker, and then collected the rest of Brubaker run in an Omnibus after Return of King.

The Ultimates and the upcoming Astonishing X-men are going to be great, one story in omnibus.
Even the Immortal Iron Fist is good cause it finishes up the 'Arc'.

Just letting stuff off my chest, and wondered if anyone felt the same

Omnibus'...make me mad :(

As a collector, they are rather a pain. I already have a lot of the books, example Ultimates, but man would I love to upscale them to the Omnibus. I find now that I am weary of buying certain books, because then I will have to re-buy the Omnibus. Does anyone know if they are making one for all this Spider-Man BND business?

Re: Omnibus'...make me mad :(

As a collector, they are rather a pain. I already have a lot of the books, example Ultimates, but man would I love to upscale them to the Omnibus. I find now that I am weary of buying certain books, because then I will have to re-buy the Omnibus. Does anyone know if they are making one for all this Spider-Man BND business?

Not sure.

I've been doing the same thing - upgrading to Omnibus when available. They are just nicer books and seem like they will last longer.

I'm facing the same weariness of buying TPBs with because I'm expecting Omnibus editions. Specifically, Captain America and Daredevil.

The Astonishing X-Men Omnibus is out - mine came in the other day.

Latest posts

Back