THE X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
Written by STAN LEE & ROY THOMAS
Penciled by JACK KIRBY, JAY GAVIN,WERNER ROTH & JACK SPARLING
Covers by JACK KIRBY & ALEX ROSS

In 1963 the slow boil of the Marvel super-hero revolution exploded in a full eruption with a slate of new heroic adventurers that redefined comic-book adventure forever. Joining the Fantastic Four, the Amazing Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Dr. Strange came the Avengers and an odd sister book featuring a weird assortment of brand new characters: Cyclops, the Beast, Iceman, the Angel, Marvel Girl, and the mysteriously-named Professor X. They were the X-Men, and little did anyone know that they would come to take the comic book business by storm. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby billed their new creations "The Strangest Super-Heroes of All!" and while their mutant powers were certainly weird, the binding concept of this band of heroes, a group feared, hunted and hated because the of prejudice of their fellow man was pure Marvel relevance, striking at the heart of Civil Rights battles of the time. So join us as we collect in this massive, painstakingly restored, archival volume as we recount the earliest adventures of the world's most-famous super-hero team as they encounter for the very first time their nemesis Magneto, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, the Juggernaut, Ka-Zar and the Savage Land, Master Mold and the Sentinels, and many more of Marvel's greatest heroes and villains. Supplemented with a bevy of behind-the-scenes bonus material, critical and historical essays, and original artwork, this volume is a bona fide must-have for each and every X-addict! Collecting THE X-MEN #1-31.
768 PGS./All Ages ...$99.99

EEEEK!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Last edited:
I guess it's because I'm an X-Men freak that I'm uber excited to read it, even though I know a lot of it will be so cheesy and making me cringe at times.

I just checked because I wasn't sure I preordered that - I did, back in May. Looks like Amazon is expecting it this week.

And Proj is totally right, but I like the Omnibus collections because I like to read them for historical purposes, and I like to read them to my son since they are close to his reading level (at least more so than today's comics).

Not MAX. Still should be good.

You are correct my friend. That Ennis Omnibus is the Marvel Knights collection. It excludes the issues Garth didn't write.

But a MAX omnibus would be BOSS!

THE X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
Written by STAN LEE & ROY THOMAS
Penciled by JACK KIRBY, JAY GAVIN,WERNER ROTH & JACK SPARLING
Covers by JACK KIRBY & ALEX ROSS

In 1963 the slow boil of the Marvel super-hero revolution exploded in a full eruption with a slate of new heroic adventurers that redefined comic-book adventure forever. Joining the Fantastic Four, the Amazing Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Dr. Strange came the Avengers and an odd sister book featuring a weird assortment of brand new characters: Cyclops, the Beast, Iceman, the Angel, Marvel Girl, and the mysteriously-named Professor X. They were the X-Men, and little did anyone know that they would come to take the comic book business by storm. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby billed their new creations "The Strangest Super-Heroes of All!" and while their mutant powers were certainly weird, the binding concept of this band of heroes, a group feared, hunted and hated because the of prejudice of their fellow man was pure Marvel relevance, striking at the heart of Civil Rights battles of the time. So join us as we collect in this massive, painstakingly restored, archival volume as we recount the earliest adventures of the world's most-famous super-hero team as they encounter for the very first time their nemesis Magneto, the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, the Juggernaut, Ka-Zar and the Savage Land, Master Mold and the Sentinels, and many more of Marvel's greatest heroes and villains. Supplemented with a bevy of behind-the-scenes bonus material, critical and historical essays, and original artwork, this volume is a bona fide must-have for each and every X-addict! Collecting THE X-MEN #1-31.
768 PGS./All Ages ...$99.99

Was this delayed by Marvel? I had it preordered from Amazon and just got a notice that it has been delayed until February, but it didn't say if it was because they were out of stock already or if the release date was changed. Amazon usually gets things a couple weeks after the comic shops do and I hadn't heard of it being delayed.

Was this delayed by Marvel? I had it preordered from Amazon and just got a notice that it has been delayed until February, but it didn't say if it was because they were out of stock already or if the release date was changed. Amazon usually gets things a couple weeks after the comic shops do and I hadn't heard of it being delayed.
Delayed? It was just announced last Tuesday when the solicitations were released. I haven't seen/heard of any delays.

Edit:

This is really weird. I just saw the release date on Newsarama and they have this:

The X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1 HC & Variant (On-Sale 3/18/2009)

Last edited:
Delayed? It was just announced last Tuesday when the solicitations were released. I haven't seen/heard of any delays.

I saw it in the solits right after I posted that, but yeah, I have had this preordered since July. Amazon had it listed. I know they've been known to jump the gun but to my knowledge it's only ever been by a couple of days or weeks at the most - never 3 months.

Weird.

Well gentlemen, March 2009 solicits are out and we have some new Omnibuses (Omnibi?) to look forward to.
Along with the already announced Secret Wars II Omnibus, X-Men Omnibus, Wolverine Omnibus, and Brubaker Daredevil Omnibus we are getting a Millar/Hitch Ultimates Omnibus and a Brubaker/Fraction Iron Fist Omnibus (Oh F%&# Yeah!) and a host of new OSHCs.

I am so glad Marvel isn't abandoning their Omnibus/OSHCs. I freakin' love 'em I am such a sucker for HCs.

Well gentlemen, March 2009 solicits are out and we have some new Omnibuses (Omnibi?) to look forward to.
Along with the already announced Secret Wars II Omnibus, X-Men Omnibus, Wolverine Omnibus, and Brubaker Daredevil Omnibus we are getting a Millar/Hitch Ultimates Omnibus and a Brubaker/Fraction Iron Fist Omnibus (Oh F%&# Yeah!) and a host of new OSHCs.

I am so glad Marvel isn't abandoning their Omnibus/OSHCs. I freakin' love 'em I am such a sucker for HCs.

AWESOME.

I already have the X-Men and Secret Wars 2 Omnibuses pre-ordered. I'll defintely get the Ultimates, Brubaker DD, and Brubaker Iron Fist ones too.

Don't really care for Wolverine.

I have no idea who sets pricing at Marvel, but s/he is an idiot.

The Secret Wars Omnibus contains 16 issues (496 pages) and has a cover price of $99.

The New X-Men Omnibus contains over 40 issues (actually 41 I think; 1096 pages) and is the same price.

The Secret Wars 2 Omnibus (1168 pages) contains 46 issues and is the same price.

There is no reason for the Secret Wars Omnibus to be priced like it is. The Amazing Fantasy Omnibus is 416 pages (16 issues I think) and is $75, which is still too high.

Looks like the X-Men Omnibus is FINALLY shipping. I just got notice from Amazon that mine went out this morning.

Latest posts

Back