Okay, so Scott says Tim Drake was never Robin, but they state in Batman & Robin he was a Robin.

Along with Jason Todd and Dick Grayson. And Grayson was Batman for a period of time.

All in five years.......

The headache.

I like to imagine each book takes place in a parallel universe in various distances of orbit from one other.

I'm done with Dial H. I just can't bring myself to care what's going on or what happens. It started off OK but careened into some weird direction.

Earth 2 continues to be pretty solid with #4. The Atom makes his appearance and everyone fights Grundy.

The Swamp Thing and Animal Man crossover is off to a really good start.

Action Comics continues to be incredibly underwhelming with #12. I've never been underwhelmed by a Grant Morrison book. Keeping with it, though.

The Batmobile undercarriage armor in Batman & Robin #12 is seriously cool.

Damien Wayne as Robin is such a great character that he makes even an otherwise mediocre book good.

So, let me pose a question to you all... A year into the new 52, what book(s) have completely caught you off guard/kept you reading, that you otherwise thought impossible? Sub-question: what books have you dropped that you didn't see coming?

Stormwatch 0 was a great romp. They changed some of the Jennie's throughout history, which is fine, but it ties Stormwatch in with Demon Knights (DOLPHIN MECHS!). It confirms Adam One is Merlin, and that he is still alive. And it's exciting.

I'm more excited about Demon Knights and Stormwatch than most of the other 52 books right now.

So, let me pose a question to you all... A year into the new 52, what book(s) have completely caught you off guard/kept you reading, that you otherwise thought impossible? Sub-question: what books have you dropped that you didn't see coming?

Wonder Woman. I've never found the character interesting and I've never liked Azzarello's super hero work at all but the book is fantastic. I think a big part of that is the art which is giving us wonderfully creepy character designs that work a lot of the traditional symbols for the greek gods into them. I love it.

Also Frankenstein. When I read the first issue it seemed like BPRD light to me. Now its my favorite crazy **** books, bringing huge and absurd ideas every month. It even kept me through a writer change.

I dropped all but the core green lantern book, which is surprising for me since Hal Jordan is without a doubt my least favorite GL. Sinestro does a lot to help that. As for Core and New Guardians... i think i just burned out on GL. I'm really not feeling this third army crossover coming up.

Also Action Comics by Morrison. It was just so Bland. I wanted a book thats crazy like Frankenstein or beautiful like All Star Superman, not this... ok book. The 3.99 price point didn't help either.

I think I'm down to Animal Man, Batman, Batwoman, Justice League Dark and Swamp Thing. Geoff Johns was the writer who got me into DC but now I find all of his comics underwhelming and/or terrible, which really depresses me. If Jeff Lemire or Scott Snyder ever leave DC I think I'll be leaving too.

Geoff Johns was the writer who got me into DC but now I find all of his comics underwhelming and/or terrible, which really depresses me.

I don't think I've read anything by him I would call "terrible' but a lot of it lately has been very underwhelming, definitely.

National Comics continues to underwhelm.

Out of the zero issues, I really enjoyed Stormwatch and Demon Knights.

Phantom Stranger was simply horrendous. Really, Judas? Really?

And the whole Trinity of Sin seems to be the worst idea ever.

After reading #15, I realized I'm actually liking Batman & Robin a lot more than even the main Batman book.

Is anyone else noticing an unusually high number of errors in DC's books? Punctuation errors, misspelled or missing words, etc...

I am finally reading the launch books for this and its so unimpressive.

I started out unimpressed. It got worse.

I just hate that the whole thing seemed to be actively trying to recreate the 90s comics industry, which was the worst era in comics. They put forth all their effort into promoting the relaunch, and zero effort into getting good writers that can tell good stories.

I'm a few copies back and read detective anuel. It was like horrible 80,s batman on Scooby Doo.

Anyway...

I started out unimpressed. It got worse.

I just hate that the whole thing seemed to be actively trying to recreate the 90s comics industry, which was the worst era in comics. They put forth all their effort into promoting the relaunch, and zero effort into getting good writers that can tell good stories.

There has been some gems, like Animal Man and Swamp Thing, though I am finding those very repetitive and boring now. Batman has been good, with the Court of Owls, though I admit, that story could have been told in the previous incarnation of the title. And hey, DSF is getting a chance now, and let's see how he does.

It seems like they are phasing out the 90s writers, with Lobell's number of books being reduced, and finally Liefeld out of the picture. But I think Superman is even worse than it was before, and Morrison's Superman I feel was too much at once and he tried to compress 70 years of comics in 16 issues. Wonder Woman on the other hand, is much better, but not Geoff Johns version, but the her actual title. JLA is much worse than before as well.

So, some good, some worse, some bad.

Starfire is emotionless. DSF must fix that.

The end

Latest posts

Back