The new Spider-Man cartoon to air on the CW.

WHERE!?

I can't even find 12. Help a brother out.

Just look around for some torrents. I'm not sure if it's allowed here.

Here's some interesting notes that are not super-spoilerrific and some of my comments:
- A villain shows up here unexpectedly. One clue is to my knowledge he has only shown himself in only one episode.
- Gargan is name-dropped, he is also a PI.
- The revelation of GG is really, really good. The twists stretch all the way back to Season 1 and is very convincing and not feel like something the writers pulled out of their ***.
- With how the ending is done, it would really suck if Season 3 is not greenlit.

Last edited:
http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=185

In further The Spectacular Spider-Man news, Supervising Producer/Story Editor/Writer Greg Weisman has confirmed that The Spectacular Spider-Man has officially ended production as of today, January 30th, 2009, with the completion of the 26th episode of the series. While the creative team for the series will be officially disbanded as of today, and there is no further production on The Spectacular Spider-Man planned at this time, Weisman states that a third season could happen depending on both the availability of the production team and the ratings for the second season episodes of The Spectacular Spider-Man premiering on Disney XD in 2009. Stay tuned for further updates as they unfold.

Disney XD will premiere Spectacular Spider-Man on March 23 at 7:30 ET/PT

Last edited:
I kind of expected that. With the second season being so delayed there wasn't a very good chance of the series being picked up for a third season already.

Doesn't mean it won't happen, just means that it hasn't happened yet. I wouldn't think that Weisman and company would immediately jump into something else with the fate of the show still up in the air. Wait a few weeks for the ratings here in the states to start coming in. If it does as well as I think it should (the second season is fantastic and I'll come back with my thoughts on the last two episodes later) it'll get picked up quickly and at least most of the production team will be brought back.

I kind of expected that. With the second season being so delayed there wasn't a very good chance of the series being picked up for a third season already.

Doesn't mean it won't happen, just means that it hasn't happened yet. I wouldn't think that Weisman and company would immediately jump into something else with the fate of the show still up in the air. Wait a few weeks for the ratings here in the states to start coming in. If it does as well as I think it should (the second season is fantastic and I'll come back with my thoughts on the last two episodes later) it'll get picked up quickly and at least most of the production team will be brought back.

And of course, those of us in the states can just tune in.

But yeah, the last two episodes were fantastic.

I'd honestly suspected the Burgaler was Black Cat's father based on the hair color, but thought that was pretty flimsy support material for a serious theory. (I'm not trying to be I-Knew-About-That-Before-Everyone-Else-Man, honestly.) And Black Cat's new grudge against Spider-Man makes her lot more interesting.

The final showdown between Spidey and Goblin was insane, and the reveal made perfect sense.

I agree with Norman, Harry was badass in this episode ("Harry, what are you doing? Cowboying up.") though rather a jerk at the end. Shame. And
Fake
Norman's expression when Harry guessed his mom was the Goblin made me laugh.

Liked the nod to the comics in the Connors' leaving for Florida, and looking forward to a possible thrid season.

Last edited:
Bloody mother of madness.

This shall not be borne. I will buy a hundred DVDs if necessary. Disney dropped the ball with Weisman nearly ten years ago, if they do so again...:evil:

Wouldn't it be the CW'S fault this time?

wow, that was really good!
even with the spoilers on this page, i had no idea who GG was until Spidey took off his mask. I thought maybe cmdrjanjalani was just wrong or screwing with us b/c it didn't seem possible until they explained it.

I really hope there will be a LOT more seasons

and that they release the seasons in a 2 disk set for less than $30 like they did for Teen Titans. I don't care how good this is, i'm not dishing out $20 for 4 episodes

Well I hope you guys would watch it anyway even after downloading the torrents or watching on YouTube. We need the ratings to see the 3rd season. It's too bad that the end of Season 3 feels just as much as a conclusion as the first Spider-Man movie was.

Toon Zone sat down with creater Greg Weisman and talked about the series.

MAA/TZN: Speaking of which, since I figure it's probably been about 15 minutes since someone last asked you, is there any new news about season 3?

WEISMAN: No, there isn't. I wish there was. Basically, we've been told that we have to wait for the show to premiere, and I'm sure they have to see how the ratings are and everything like that before they'll pick up season 3. So, we're premiering on Disney XD on March 23rd, and we're hopeful that not too long after that, they'll call us up and say, "OK, let's get going." We're really in a kind of limbo state right now until the show gets on the air.

read whole interview here: http://news.toonzone.net/articles/2...erview-greg-weisman-on-spectacular-spider-man

3 new episodes are up

"'Subtext'' the introduction of Molten Man

''Opening Night'' aka the Jail Breake episode and we learn that
Black Cat's Dad shot uncle Ben

And Final Curtain the season finale.

Last edited:
So last week I saw all of season 2, unfortunately I still had the same problem of just not really getting into it like I should. I mean a few years ago I would have been drooling at this, no I just can't. Though it still is a great series awesome characters, fights are incredible, story telling is top notch not to mention the humor. Ox humming the theme song had my on the floor. I also loved how they had more story telling devices to frame the episodes, like the video camera, theater auditions, the opera, and the play.

I enjoyed the finale the reveal was done very well I love the cover story. Though I hated the final scenes it's like Oh great
Harry is creepy again that makes a much more compelling character :roll:, and the Gwen Peter thing being delayed AGAIN! I mean the thing with Liz was okay and worked but dragged on a little but this is just stupid. The only really story plots they're screwing up.

Still it would be a huge mistake not to continue this wonderful series.

I just saw a toy commercial for this show, they were advertising the Spider-Car. HA!
I saw that same commercial this morning and laughed so loud I probably woke up my roommate.
So last week I saw all of season 2, unfortunately I still had the same problem of just not really getting into it like I should. I mean a few years ago I would have been drooling at this, no I just can't. Though it still is a great series awesome characters, fights are incredible, story telling is top notch not to mention the humor. Ox humming the theme song had my on the floor. I also loved how they had more story telling devices to frame the episodes, like the video camera, theater auditions, the opera, and the play.
The show has some really awesome little touches. I think my favorite from this season was the Goblin's rhyming villainy in Opening Night.

"Just to be perverse
I'll activate your curse.
To prevent it getting worse
Put the Webhead in a hearse."

I enjoyed the finale the reveal was done very well I love the cover story. Though I hated the final scenes it's like Oh great
Harry is creepy again that makes a much more compelling character :roll:, and the Gwen Peter thing being delayed AGAIN! I mean the thing with Liz was okay and worked but dragged on a little but this is just stupid. The only really story plots they're screwing up.
I didn't like the way they handled his relationship with Liz, but they ended it perfectly. Her refusing to be the dumpee was great and a nice moment of characterization.
Still it would be a huge mistake not to continue this wonderful series.
Indubitably.

Last edited:
Though it seems the Goblin isn't Insane in this incarnation. Not in the way you'd expect anyway.

I saw that same commercial this morning and laughed so loud I probably woke up my roommate.

The show has some really awesome little touches. I think my favorite from this season was the Goblin's rhyming villainy in Opening Night.

"Just to be perverse
I'll activate your curse.
To prevent it getting worse
Put the Webhead in a hearse."

I didn't like the way they handled his relationship with Liz, but they ended it perfectly. Her refusing to be the dumpee was great and a nice moment of characterization.

Indubitably.

I want to see this commercial now.

And the best part of Goblin in Opening Night was that he was quoting Puck lines...lines that Harry would kinow, because he was supposed to play Puck.

Though it seems the Goblin isn't Insane in this incarnation. Not in the way you'd expect anyway.

I'd say he's insane. The guy spent Opening Night rhyming and quoting Shakesphere. He's just lying to himself about the sane part.

I want to see this commercial now.

And the best part of Goblin in Opening Night was that he was quoting Puck lines...lines that Harry would kinow, because he was supposed to play Puck.

I'd say he's insane. The guy spent Opening Night rhyming and quoting Shakesphere. He's just lying to himself about the sane part.

Rhyme doesn't make you crazy.

Latest posts

Back