The Nightly News & other Jonathan Hickman books (please mark spoilers)

Re: The Nightly News (no spoilers yet)

I just saw it in the Previews book set for September.

Amazon gets their dates screwed up once in a while, so this doesn't surprise me. Thanks for posting that - I wouldn't have noticed.

Seriously people...get this!

I don't buy a lot of TPBs. I mostly limit them to UU and MAX books. Every now and then there'll be a standout comic like Daughters of the Dragon, Ares, Books of Doom, etc., that I'll get.

This is one of those standouts.

I gotta thank E for turning me onto this book. It's so well written and the art is absolutely fabulous! This is def going in the collection.

So I finally finished the last issue. I don't know why it was taking me so long to read it?

2 words:

****ing.Brilliant.

I picked up the TPB... Still reading it, but I already ****ing love it... This might be one of the five best comics currently being put out there if it's been keeping it up.

How many issues are out outside of the first volume??

EDIT: I just figured out that its a full run... Which is sad, but at the same time, its refreshing for something great that's short...

I can't wait for more stuff by this guy, though.

Last edited:

Welcome, brother.

I compare it way too much to Fight Club because it's NOT Fight Club. But it does share some similarities. And just like Fight Club, you simply cannot make a sequel to this. The ending is perfectly ambiguous after dropping a pretty major bombshell...leaves plenty to the imagination.

Got my TPB today. This is the best thing to come out in a looooooong time.

If anyone is looking for something new and is sick of the way comics have been going, check this out.

Got my TPB today. This is the best thing to come out in a looooooong time.

If anyone is looking for something new and is sick of the way comics have been going, check this out.

I also got mine today.

I havn't read it yet.

I am teh gay for Jonathan Hickman.

This book appeals to me on so many levels, especially because I hate the fact that I come from a country that's so infatuated with 'news culture' that is constantly fueled by the neverending soap opera of political crises.

It's genius sheer ****ing genius and now I will buy every single one of Hickman's future creator-owned works.

I just finished the trade.

It's full of little bits from the author as to why he he wrote this line or used this statistic. What he does agree with and what he thinks is bull****.

It was great. I love that they are a cult and not sympathetic.

I just reread it over the weekend.....still brilliant.

6 of the greatest UC minds can't be wrong when we tell you how great this book is.

Moony would dig it.

I just finished the trade.

It's full of little bits from the author as to why he he wrote this line or used this statistic. What he does agree with and what he thinks is bull****.

It was great. I love that they are a cult and not sympathetic.

Glad you liked it.

I just finished re-reading it yesterday after getting the TPB and it's funny because as I was reading it, I kept reading all of the dialogue between news people and politicians and everything and thinking that this is a pretty sensationalized piece of writing, but if you read the tidbits all over the book it really makes it seem at least conceivable, and at most like these people are all douche bags who we are letting influence our beliefs without knowing it.

It's a very scary thought if you really think about it.

Glad you liked it.

I just finished re-reading it yesterday after getting the TPB and it's funny because as I was reading it, I kept reading all of the dialogue between news people and politicians and everything and thinking that this is a pretty sensationalized piece of writing, but if you read the tidbits all over the book it really makes it seem at least conceivable, and at most like these people are all douche bags who we are letting influence our beliefs without knowing it.

It's a very scary thought if you really think about it.

It really is.

I tried to read every bit of information on the pages. I really liked the non author endorsements at the beginnings and how they got worse.

I read them when they came it. This was me re-reading it like you guys.

What a coincidence....

I just finished rereading "Nightly News" over the weekend. And what news do I find waiting for me this week? .....

Exactly. Now I'm waiting for Hickman's "Pax Romana".

Hickman's "Pax Romana" comes out next week!!!!!

Excuse me while I do my W00t Dance......

Latest posts

Back