The Social Thread: Houde Ain't Gettin' Some Tonight

I am not pleased by the election results

Last edited:
Yep.

I just don't get how people continue to fall for it. Repeatedly failed, literally EVERY time...

Two reasons. Because the GOP is full of disgusting trolls who will tell their constituents that the reason it isn't working is because immigrants stealing their jobs, and because Republican voters tend to be less educated and therefore less likely to read up on things past what the party is telling them.

It also helps that all the GOP has to say is "abortion" and every other subject is put on the back burner. I can't even tell you the number of right wingers who I have personally heard say that they will never vote for a pro-choice candidate. Less educated voters tend to be single-issue voters.

Two reasons. Because the GOP is full of disgusting trolls who will tell their constituents that the reason it isn't working is because immigrants stealing their jobs, and because Republican voters tend to be less educated and therefore less likely to read up on things past what the party is telling them.

It also helps that all the GOP has to say is "abortion" and every other subject is put on the back burner. I can't even tell you the number of right wingers who I have personally heard say that they will never vote for a pro-choice candidate. Less educated voters tend to be single-issue voters.

But pointing that out makes liberals intolerant, supposedly.

I feel like we're literally slipping into the set up for Idiocracy to become reality.

Republican voters tend to be less educated and therefore less likely to read up on things past what the party is telling them.

That's a pretty blanket statement. Maybe it's true, but I wonder what the stats are and what qualifies as "less educated".

I hate politics in general because none of the parties (there are three major national parties in Canada) represent me very well.

Honestly, I just find the whole election to be the work of 4chan and am laughing at everything. They had their "meme magic" get Trump into office and, while he does seem to honestly want to do good, I am just "loling" at everything. It triggers the left, whom I cannot stand, and it makes the right question their very belief. As someone who hates both sides I am just enjoying the show.

Honestly, I just find the whole election to be the work of 4chan and am laughing at everything. They had their "meme magic" get Trump into office and, while he does seem to honestly want to do good, I am just "loling" at everything. It triggers the left, whom I cannot stand, and it makes the right question their very belief. As someone who hates both sides I am just enjoying the show.

64408682.jpg

But seriously, these things have consequences. Ones that will likely affect you in negative ways (most likely economically speaking if history is any guide).

I dont get how anyone is finding the reinvigoration of the white supremacist/neo-Nazi movement as funny, though, and that's definitively the case. Economic recession/likely rise in hate crimes... what could go wrong?

I mean, they have comedy movies for humor. Doesn't seem logical to laugh at the tanking of our country.

64408682.jpg

But seriously, these things have consequences. Ones that will likely affect you in negative ways (most likely economically speaking if history is any guide).

I dont get how anyone is finding the reinvigoration of the white supremacist/neo-Nazi movement as funny, though, and that's definitively the case. Economic recession/likely rise in hate crimes... what could go wrong?

I mean, they have comedy movies for humor. Doesn't seem logical to laugh at the tanking of our country.

I am an antichrist! I am an anarchist! Don't know what I want, but I know how to get it! I wanna destroy the passerby! (Kidding)

Last edited:
That's a pretty blanket statement. Maybe it's true, but I wonder what the stats are and what qualifies as "less educated".

Basically, not college educated. Informally, the type that will see a headline about Hillary Clinton's email server and base their vote on it. Idiots.

Seriously. I mean this in the nicest way, but grow up, Wyo.

There was an interesting study done a few years back that found conservatives tend to utilize the old school tribal mindset and fear-based responses far more than liberals do. Essentially, conservatives largely utilize fear-based responses and reasoning over logic.

This is perfectly encapsulated by climate change denial, xenophobia, responses to terrorism, etc on behalf of conservative voters. This is why most Trump supporters don't care that the proposed border wall won't solve anything (especially with the thousands of existing drug tunnels that will only help the cartels who control them increase profits by now acting as tunnels to smuggle in immigrants as well), this is why they don't care that Trump's trickle down and deregulation approach always results in economic failure, this is why they don't care about Trump's attacks on free speech and freedom of the press, this is why they don't care about the massive and inevitable conflict of interests his businesses will have with him as President (a situation very similar to Cheney/Halliburton and Iraq War). Essentially, their fear of immigrants, Muslims, etc overrides their logic centers and critical thinking abilities, which should otherwise make those things apparent, but either don't, or they simply don't care (selective outrage and hypocrisy are commonplace as a result).

In fact even brain studies have shown overactivity in the amydala of conservative voters versus liberal voters. The amygdala controls fear and fear based responses.

It also leads to more of that old school tribal mindset, a reason many conservatives tend to be opposed to change of any kind (which is a principle aspect of conservative/regressive ideology), despite change being fundamental to the continuation of any society. Adaptability isn't a forte of many conservative voters as a result, which again is antithetical to the concept of evolution and continued survival in an ever changing world and society.

Liberals tend to be more open minded and pragmatic, more willing to accept those different from them in opposition to the ancient tribal mindsets.

I know I'm also using wide blanket statements and obviously there are always exceptions. There are plenty of open minded conservatives and plenty of close minded liberals as well. But overall, brain studies and emotional responses reinforce the premise.

EDIT: Basically, if we use Star Trek terminology, liberals are Vulcans and conservatives are Klingons. ;)

Last edited:
Did you guys not read my quoted text?

DWC9sGD.png

It even shows up in the new posts
CeawxoC.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back