The Walking Dead (Image) [SPOILERS]

Ultimate MJ said:
Anybody read todays new issue yet?

Is Glenn really stupid enough to lead the others back to the prison? If so, I bet we get to see an extended siege... After all, the prison is stocked with weapons and manpower. :)
I don't think he's nessicarily stupid enough, but he's certainly not in a right state of mind after whats happened the last few issues. Seeking what you know to be a safe place without thinking of the concequences wouldn't be unexpected.

ARGGHHHH

Today is the second or third time this title has been on the shipping list, and hasnt showed up in my store!!!!

I WANT ISSUE 30 already!!! Damn kirkman, hes turning into Millar. :twisted:

Ultimate MJ said:
ARGGHHHH

Today is the second or third time this title has been on the shipping list, and hasnt showed up in my store!!!!

I WANT ISSUE 30 already!!! Damn kirkman, hes turning into Millar. :twisted:
Well, I'm thinking its more artistic delays since its been effectivly on a rough 6 week shipping schedule (6 issues since december), but if thats how long it takes Allerd to draw it then let him. He's doing amazing work here.

Last edited:
I feel like I've just gotten away with highway robbery.....

Yesterday at the LCS, I saw that the fifth tpb was on a supersale at $4.99. I wouldn't have gotten it since I haven't read all of the other ones leading up to it (just 1-12). But then I took a look at their 1 through 4 trades and they all said $4.99 too.

So I took them all to the cash register where the man started to ring them up, starting with 5. It came up as full price. He called for the girl who puts out the comics every Wednesday and said he thought only the 1st tpb was on the supersale. She said that she was "pretty sure that the e-mail this morning said all Walking Dead trades." The guy looked pissed, but he rang them all up as $4.99 -- except for the first one which automatically rang up as $4.99.

26 bucks -- great deal.

But from the above story, I'm almost positive she made a mistake and they shouldn't have all been that price.

:)

I feel like I've just gotten away with highway robbery.....

Yesterday at the LCS, I saw that the fifth tpb was on a supersale at $4.99. I wouldn't have gotten it since I haven't read all of the other ones leading up to it (just 1-12). But then I took a look at their 1 through 4 trades and they all said $4.99 too.

So I took them all to the cash register where the man started to ring them up, starting with 5. It came up as full price. He called for the girl who puts out the comics every Wednesday and said he thought only the 1st tpb was on the supersale. She said that she was "pretty sure that the e-mail this morning said all Walking Dead trades." The guy looked pissed, but he rang them all up as $4.99 -- except for the first one which automatically rang up as $4.99.

26 bucks -- great deal.

But from the above story, I'm almost positive she made a mistake and they shouldn't have all been that price.

:)

you got a VERY good deal. So, what did you think?

The Vol. 5 TPB is available? Awesome. Just started reading The Walking Dead about a month ago and I just finished Vol. 4. I gotta clear the gap before I read the last 3 issues I bought yesterday at my LCS.

Doubt mine will have them for $4.99. Damn.

Vol. 5: The Best Defense just arrived.

I remember going through (briefly) these issues one by one in the store and thinking that the story might be loosing it's appeal to me. This might've been the best arc yet. The Governor... I just don't even know how to describe it. There isn't a character in reality or fiction I have been more disgusted with seeing his presence on page. I would vote for the the lovechild of Hitler and Osama before this guy. The part with Tyreese at the end was a shocker as was what happened to Rick. And if you notice Rick only has (had) one good hand which was now taken away from him. The fact that Rick and Tyreese still don't get along sucked. They made a good team. I was also delighted to at least hear about Morgan and Duane from Rick in the early part of the trade. I was wondering to hear about them soon. I hope they show up somehow.

5/5

Last edited:
Vol. 5: The Best Defense just arrived.

I remember going through (briefly) these issues one by one in the store and thinking that the story might be loosing it's appeal to me. This might've been the best arc yet. The Governor... I just don't even know how to describe it. There isn't a character in reality or fiction I have been more disgusted with seeing his presence on page. I would vote for the the lovechild of Hitler and Osama before this guy. The part with Tyreese at the end was a shocker as was what happened to Rick. And if you notice Rick only has (had) one good hand which was now taken away from him. The fact that Rick and Tyreese still don't get along sucked. They made a good team. I was also delighted to at least hear about Morgan and Duane from Rick in the early part of the trade. I was wondering to hear about them soon. I hope they show up somehow.

5/5

They were in last years christmas special.

:shock: Is that being collected?

Its collected in the Hardcover book, with issues 1-12.

I have all the back issues, so I dont buy the books, but my roommate bought the HC (I wont let anyone touch 1-12 anymore!), and I was shocked to see the christmas special. I had no idea it existed.

And the gift was a
game boy

with Vol. 5 out, one the cool things was the off panel beating towards the end. it was wonderfully done and textured to show how scared the little asian was. thats probably one of the darker moment in my opinion.

****. Holy ****.

This issue (33) was absolutely insane.

"You passed out a second time when I nailed your prick to the board"

Nuff said.

6/5, the most violent issue yet. And I think Michonne is schizophrenic.

My lcs did not have the "First to Last" Punisher hardcover, so I decided to finally get the first volume of Walking Dead (I've been wanting to for a while, but I could never find it).

Excellent, excellent stuff. Well worth the hype. This is character developement at its best. I can't wait to read more.

****. Holy ****.

This issue (33) was absolutely insane.

"You passed out a second time when I nailed your prick to the board"

Nuff said.

6/5, the most violent issue yet. And I think Michonne is schizophrenic.

I didn't like it. I thought it went too far. While I do think the events should have happened, and its obvious the Governor survived I think we'd have been better served to know Michonne went back to settle up with him and get a splash page of his mangled body down the line. Or maybe I just don't likle **** spoons popping eyeballs.

Latest posts

Back