The Walking Dead (Image) [SPOILERS]

I just got the TPB: The Calm Before

Being a complete spoiler smut and knowing what happens after the Governor shows up, I have to say that it didn't ruin it for me at all.

In fact, it made it probably more emotional. Most of the arc was happy with the baby and the gardening and everything save Carol and Dale's leg. But Knowing how happy these people were and how settled they were becoming almost had me in tears considering how doomed they are.

I just finished Volume 8. Holy ****.

I'm betting Robert Kirkman read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" and saw how awesome it was and just cribbed that story's premise for future of "The Walking Dead". I almost feel like writing and asking him, because the plots are just that similar.

I'd been meaning to pick this up since it came out, but I never did. I just had too many other things higher up on the list.

The other day I decided, in an effort to broaden my interests, to pick up the first volume of this, Y: The Last Man, and Ex Machina. While I like Y: The Last Man better, I really thought that the character development and overall level of storytelling was better in The Waking Dead. I have now read through the first two volumes Days Gone Bye and Miles Behind Us and this comic is bloody brilliant.

The second best zombie fiction I have ever read (behind World War Z by Max Brooks.)

I think my favorite thing about this book (like Invincible) is Robert Kirkman has ADD and doesn't like his characters to get too comfy. after 24 issues at the most they are somewhere else. Off on the road, with things changing every issue. Nothing is sacred and that is fantastic. I am really enjoying the book.

I think my favorite thing about this book (like Invincible) is Robert Kirkman has ADD and doesn't like his characters to get too comfy. after 24 issues at the most they are somewhere else. Off on the road, with things changing every issue. Nothing is sacred and that is fantastic. I am really enjoying the book.

Agreed. Unlike anything out there. Issue #51 was awesome, and in a completely different way than other recent issues have been.

Those of you plugging through the trades, keep going.

The Walking Dead fan forum

i love this series, mainly because i'm a big fan of the zombie apocalypse genre but only if it has a great story, and The Walking Dead is that story

i have always wondered if there will ever be another kind of zombie apocalypse comic series to ever be released that'll have another compelling story to tell, i know i'd buy it as long as it's an on-going series and not a limited one, i would definitely buy the hardcovers

speaking of hardcovers, has Book Four of The Walking Dead been released yet? i have been wanting to order a copy for a long time since issue 48 was released

Re: The Walking Dead fan forum

i love this series, mainly because i'm a big fan of the zombie apocalypse genre but only if it has a great story, and The Walking Dead is that story

i have always wondered if there will ever be another kind of zombie apocalypse comic series to ever be released that'll have another compelling story to tell, i know i'd buy it as long as it's an on-going series and not a limited one, i would definitely buy the hardcovers

speaking of hardcovers, has Book Four of The Walking Dead been released yet? i have been wanting to order a copy for a long time since issue 48 was released

Book 4 hardcover was released at the beginning of December.

Book 4 hardcover was released at the beginning of December.

thanks, whoever is running the Walking Dead page on Wikipedia kept changin' the date, right now they have the date at the end of October. i'm only tryin' to collect hardcovers, i started collectin' trade paperbacks but i figured you get more extra stuff out of the hardcovers, plus they save more room, i don't have anywhere to put 50+ issues, y'know? of course we all know you have to wait a whole year 'til the next hardcover is released. i hope one day Image Comics will go the same way Marvel Comics did and start digitizing their comics so all you have to do is go online and pay with a credit card to read 'em

Last edited:
The Walking Dead fan forum

i don't hate Charlie Adlard's artwork, but i do like Tony Moore's artwork better
does anybody think Tony Moore might one day make a comeback to this series?

Any relation to Ricardo Montalbano?

i honestly wouldn't know, there's a lot of Montalbanos out there,

FYI: Montalbano isn't my real last name, it's my mother's maiden name, i just prefer to use it

Whoosh.

Right over the head.

I got it. DEE PLAYNE!!!

I felt the same way.

This still makes me laugh days later.

Apparently, only Agamemnon and I are the only ones with love for useless old TV show trivia.

I want a white tux/suit now.

I have read the first seven volumes. Holy ****.

This comic is insane. Kirkman introduces a status quo, gets you settled for a couple of issues, and then unleashes hell. No one is safe.

This is fantastic. I've reserved Volume 8 at the library and am waiting for them to get Volume 9 in. I can't imagine reading this book monthly. It would drive me insane.

Volume 8... holy ****. What the ****? I am speechless. One of the most insane comics I've ever read. I am presuming Kirkman read The Road around this time?

I am officially hooked.

Latest posts

Back