The Walking Dead (TV series)

yeah, i think if the guy they had to handcuff was just going crazy b/c he was scared, then the abusive hick husband would have been fine, but stereotypical crazy bigot hick, irritating belligerent hick brother AND lazy abusive hick husband is just too much.

You do realize the show is set in Georgia, right?

Last night felt like the first episode to live up to the original expectations(since the climax of the pilot). The show might be better on DVD because of the slow pacing, but now that things have taken off that might change. The way the stuff with the gang turned out was really good, and the end was insane. I was wondering if Amy's body was gonna suddenly lunge and bite Andrea right after dying. It'll be interesting to see where they go from there next week.

In terms of the pacing when watching them consecutively, its so true. The slow pacing (while still noticeable) works much better with a larger chunk of episodes as opposed to just one. After watching the first 4 episodes last night on my iPod, I can assume (not having seen the last two episodes), it'll be much better in longer segments.

I'm actually hoping that Merle doesn't show up for a while and ends up becoming the The TV version of The Governor down the road.

Thats what I've been thinking. I doubt Rick will
lose his hand in the TV show
like in the comic, though it'd be kind of poetic considering Merle's fate. I just see that as causing more problems than its worth in a show where physicality equals survival, and it probably coming off as ridiculously unbelievable
(for Rick, the main character and savior, fending off zombies one-handed...lets leave that to Ashley J. Williams, thank you very much)

I love this show, but I just read all 79 issues of the series for the first time over the last two days (found a torrent that had it all set-up as one giant trade with a seperate file for the covers), and the book absolutely puts it to shame.

I haven't read any of the comics, but I am getting the feeling from reading some comments here that the show is pretty different from the comic.

That was already to be expected because Kirkman said it was going to be like that so people wouldn't already know what was going to happen. It's more of what the changes were exactly that upset people.

That was already to be expected because Kirkman said it was going to be like that so people wouldn't already know what was going to happen. It's more of what the changes were exactly that upset people.

Nice. That means I can buy and read the comic and not have it ruin the TV show.

I hope.

Well, it's over.

Looking forward to next season, but if they were trying to have me on the edge of my seat wondering what's going to happen next and wha
t the CDC guy whispered to Rick
they failed.

This is no LOST.

but then again, nothing ever will be.

:(

*finale spoilers!*

I thought it was pretty good, and the whole countdown sequence was very suspenseful. Emmerich was great and I'm very interested in whatever he said and where things are going to go from here.

Dale has been my favourite character by far for a couple episodes now. The show would be way less compelling if he died, so I'm really glad all that worked out.

I'm guessing
what CDC guy whispered to Rick
was probably either
that he overheard or witnessed on video what went down the previous night with Lori and Shane, or that the results from Lori's blood test show she's preggers.

I love the comic but this show does nothing for me.

I hope the second season is a drastic improvement.

Overall great article despite this little snippet, "...that racists and abusers do still exist in certain corners." They exist after you turn a corner of a street. They exist a block away from your house. These criminals are everywhere. Don't know what message you're trying to relay in this but I got the implication that you're saying these criminals are few and far between when that simply is not the case.

Overall great article despite this little snippet, "...that racists and abusers do still exist in certain corners." They exist after you turn a corner of a street. They exist a block away from your house. These criminals are everywhere. Don't know what message you're trying to relay in this but I got the implication that you're saying these criminals are few and far between when that simply is not the case.

Thanks for reading, J! I actually did mean to imply that they exist more or less everywhere, albeit in a more veiled, less Debbie Downer kind of way. It's kind of an upbeat site, and I try to stay away from anything too politically or socially hot button if I can.

Yeah, I was trying to be as non-aggressive as possible. Being around it everyday, it does things to you after a while. So for me, I can see it everywhere. So I gave you the benefit of a doubt and I'm glad I did. Overall, I really liked it as an open letter.

You know the only real thing I disliked besides some of the less-than-stellar actors, was the vatos episode. None of it made a whole lot of sense. Like the kid that was gonna ambush Reedus' character and then starts screaming, "I need an adult!" And then the other vatos, come from the street where the zombies are, from the opposite side where the azn dude ran towards (the guns cache location). And I swear that guy that got shot in the ass, got the same treatment in Bruce Almighty and I'm pretty sure in another segment of a movie or tv show.

Latest posts

Back