The Walking Dead (TV series)

How is an abusive husband a stretch? Believe it or not, living in rural Ohio, I can tell you, the rednecks are going to be the ones to survive, not us educated city folk. As a kid, my stepdad would take me to his friends' homes, and they had fully stocked foodstuffs, and weapons caches that would make Al-Quada jealous.

You are right! I went to school in Ohio (not rural Ohio, UD) and I ran into quite a few of those folks. Most were drunk and wanted to fight me for no reason which was sort of amusing. But I have a friend here who lives out in east bejeezus and he has weapons, ammo, food, farm animals. The works. Totally going to hide with him if need be. But I gotta say, red neck apocalypse sure is a lot scarier than a zombie apocalypse.

Yeah, I was thinking about this. We're halfway through the season, and no one's been offed yet. We should probably start a poll who we think is gonna be first. My guess is abusive husband. We may not see crazy bigot hick again for a little while, and annoying crazy bigot hick brother strikes me as a long-timer, especially since he was on the panel at NYCC.

Of course, it could also be any of the peripheral not-from-the-comic survivors.

Any guesses?

I have to say, I cheered when Ed got eaten, and I love the poetic justice of him being taken down by a female zombie.

I was sad that Amy died, and kinda sad that Jim didn't (since after revealing how he escaped, he obviously is wanting to die, but is too scared to).

Loved the twist with the "Cholos", it actually made me smile that these "tough guys" were protecting the weak, and their leader was "just a custodian" before the apocalypse.

Loved the twist with the "Cholos", it actually made me smile that these "tough guys" were protecting the weak, and their leader was "just a custodian" before the apocalypse.

Isn't that always how it is in all the Zombie movies and T.V. shows? The one person that most would have looked down apond before. (since they arn't military and only making a four figure salary) Now turn to them for leadership.

Isn't that always how it is in all the Zombie movies and T.V. shows? The one person that most would have looked down apond before. (since they arn't military and only making a four figure salary) Now turn to them for leadership.

Mostly because there's a touch of reality in that. After disasters, it's usually the "unlikely" ones that become leaders. Look at the leaders of the american revolution, they weren't soldiers, they were silversmiths, philosophers, and the like. So, while yes, it seems tropish in disaster/zombie movies, but sometimes the smallest stone can be the strongest.

Mostly because there's a touch of reality in that. After disasters, it's usually the "unlikely" ones that become leaders. Look at the leaders of the american revolution, they weren't soldiers, they were silversmiths, philosophers, and the like. So, while yes, it seems tropish in disaster/zombie movies, but sometimes the smallest stone can be the strongest.

Plus when the **** hits the fan. Those with power and money run and hide or kill themselves. And the lower class is just used to have **** dumped on them. And therefore have a cooler head at the time.

yeah, i had to laugh last night. That was an unexpected twist.

As soon as there was the confrontation with the latino gang I thought, "Here we go again with the 2-D racial stereotyping" The gang even had a low-rider impala as a get away car. But that was a very unexpected and funny twist.

And there were actually some zombies in this episode.

On the negative side, that "emotional scene" between the two sisters at the beginning where they realize their dad taught them different things because they were different was lame.

EDIT: and does anyone else thing Merle lead the zombies up to the camp to get revenge?

Last edited:
Last night felt like the first episode to live up to the original expectations(since the climax of the pilot). The show might be better on DVD because of the slow pacing, but now that things have taken off that might change. The way the stuff with the gang turned out was really good, and the end was insane. I was wondering if Amy's body was gonna suddenly lunge and bite Andrea right after dying. It'll be interesting to see where they go from there next week.

I'm actually hoping that Merle doesn't show up for a while and ends up becoming the The TV version of The Governor down the road.

You know, that makes sense. Especially given what ultimately goes down between the Governor and Rick in the comic...

You know, that makes sense. Especially given what ultimately goes down between the Governor and Rick in the comic...
Yeah. Cause like I was saying before some parts of characters and incidents reminded me of what's coming up in the storylines if they stay true. So I thought it would be cool and a good way to hang on to a good actor.

There's a rumor that the fat, bald, Mexican guy who appears in the commune in the episode "Vatos" is actually The Governor, because his abuela calls him "Felipe," which is the Spanish form of Philip (which is The Governor's real name). But I know there are people in the comic who share names, so it's probably just a coincidence.

The Governor wouldn't show up until 3rd Season at the earliest, so I think it is almost certainly not any person who has shown up.

Next season will be Tyreese and the Farm, 3rd would be the prison, and if they stick with a slow pace (unlikely), it wouldn't be until season four that we get the Governor's camp.

Let's try and not spoil things from the comic for those who haven't read it. No one has done it yet but some of these posts are getting pretty close.

I just finished watching Vatos. So does anyone think it was Merle who drove up that many zombies in the back of the truck?

I just finished watching Vatos. So does anyone think it was Merle who drove up that many zombies in the back of the truck?

EDIT: and does anyone else thing Merle lead the zombies up to the camp to get revenge?
yeah, i thought that too.

And I just watched Wild Fire (episode 5) tonight. I don't really have anything to say about it. It was a good episode.
The CDC guy is the same guy that played Truman's best friend in the Truman show.

It was probably the best episode since the pilot but it also had another weird music choice. They played the amazing theme from Sunshine while they were... driving.

Latest posts

Back