This time they've gone too far. Planet-Man, get your gun.

Gothamite

From SuperHeroHype

The Graysons are Coming to The CW
Source:Variety
October 1, 2008

The CW is developing a series based on Batman sidekick Robin's pre-Caped Crusader days, reports Variety.

"Smallville" executive producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, as well as "Supernatural" executive producer McG, are behind "The Graysons," which has landed a put pilot commitment at the network.

Just as "Smallville" focuses on Clark Kent in the years before he became Superman, "The Graysons" will follow the world of Dick "DJ" Grayson before he takes on the iconic Robin identity and aligns himself with Batman.

"The Graysons" is seen as a potential replacement for "Smallville" should that show end its run this season, which has been speculated. Should "Smallville" return next year, "The Graysons" might also make a strong companion piece.

In the one-hour "Graysons," which will be set in modern times, young DJ will face challenges involving first loves, young rivals and his family as he grows up. Souders and Peterson have come up with an original take on the character.

I'm so overwhelmed with speechlessness right now. I'll be back later when I'm finished with my bottle of whiskey.

darth_vader_nooo1.jpeg

This idea is worse than Superman wearing a costume that is transparent and shows his organs (an actual idea from a script for a Superman movie).

This idea is worse than Lex Luthor being a disgruntled shoe-salesman who loses his hair after being possessed by the Devil (swear to God).

This idea is worse than me losing a toe to frostbite. (Well...that hasn't actually happened.)

Last edited:
This idea is worse than Superman wearing a costume that is transparent and shows his organs (an actual idea from a script for a Superman movie).

This idea is worse than Lex Luthor being a disgruntled shoe-salesman who loses his hair after being possessed by the Devil (swear to God).

This idea is worse than me losing a toe to frostbite. (Well...that hasn't actually happened.)

It's even worse than talking polar bears.

It's worse than Lex being Kryptonian (wtf Abrams?)

It's even worse than talking polar bears.

It's worse than Lex being Kryptonian (wtf Abrams?)

But is it worse than Ultimate Iron Man?

What the hell could they show?

"Alright son, this time when you let go of the trapeze your mother will catch you! Don't worry about falling, the safety net is up."

What the hell could they show?

"Alright son, this time when you let go of the trapeze your mother will catch you! Don't worry about falling, the safety net is up."

:lol: They could probably work in some backstory with his parents and the mob or something. They said it would be an original take on him, and that it would be before he became Robin, so I can't really see much action going on....so let's see, if Smallville was Dawson's Creek with superheroes, then this....is just Dawson's Creek.

There are now two threads on this site discussing it. You've just increased The Grayson's power tenfold.

Oh, it'll go further.

It turns out every single major Batman villain used to be a member of the circus' freakshow.

And the Robin persona is a family secret passed down from Grayson to Grayson ever since the first Robin, Robin Hood.

Also, Dick meets Barbara and Kory, and fights crime as Robin well before he meets Batman.

Last edited:
I hope that "DJ" gets his incredible acrobatic abilities from his enjoyment of
Stride® Gum.

Ridiculously Long-Lasting Justice, Ridiculously Long-Lasting Flavor!®

Besides that, I'm sure there are all kinds of plots they could cover.

"Wow, that Batman sure is incredible, I wish I could hang out with him, but I wonder what terrible cost I would have to pay for such a thing to occur??? Oh well, who cares, i hav all kinds of komplexx t33nage problimz luls!1"

Last edited:
Just wait until they introduce Barbara Gordon.
"Wow, that lady in that wheelchair sure looks sad, I hope I never get like that, especially since I have the vague desire to do something heroic at some point in the foreseeable future and my dad is police commissioner Gordon and he deals with a lot of psychos who might want to shoot someone's daughter and paralyze her, take naked pictures of her, and show them too him in an attempt to prove that anyone can be driven insane, but 0mg i has a dat3 wit a reely kewt guy 2nite n i dont no wutt 2 ware lulz1"

Just wait until they introduce Barbara Gordon.

"Wow, that lady in that wheelchair sure looks sad, I hope I never get like that, especially since I have the vague desire to do something heroic at some point in the foreseeable future and my dad is police commissioner Gordon and he deals with a lot of psychos who might want to shoot someone's daughter and paralyze her, take naked pictures of her, and show them too him in an attempt to prove that anyone can be driven insane, but 0mg i has a dat3 wit a reely kewt guy 2nite n i dont no wutt 2 ware lulz1"

I'm going to find you and throat punch you for that.

Just wait until they introduce Frank Miller's ASBaR Batgirl...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back