Transformers discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Transformers?

• Total voters
And just think Proj, he's from the country that invented the language.

Alright, so we know the Allspark can change mass. We know it was used to kill Megatron. I really hope in the sequel they don't use it to enable Megatron's ability to change mass when he transforms... like into a gun.

I think it's terribly ironic that Transformers, which is being released on July 4th (where I live anyway) the most AMERICAN day of the year, is based on a Japanese toyline.

Thats where you're wrong. Transformers is all American at its 1984 Marvel comic roots. As for the movie...

Transformers started as repacked Japanese toys. Also the comics were based on cartoon , Cartoon = Only created as a 20 minute advert for the repacked Japanese toys.

Transformers was several diffrent toylines that was repackaged by Hasbro for the US. The Toys were originally of Japanese design with an American produced cartoon and comic, who were not connected. The cartoon and toyline was then re-exported back to Japan by Takara. After the death of Transformers in the US Takara continued to produce cartoons and toys in the G1 timeline (Headmasters, Galaxy Force). With the US release of Beast Wars by Hasbro Takara also switched to primarily Beast (BWII, Neo) forms (Which brought us the best Prime ever, Big Convoy). Currently both Takara and Hasbro produce Transformers as a joint venture, making it neither American of Japanese.

Basically its got roots on both sides of the ocean but neither can really claim it.

Blackout would own Soundwave.

But Soundblaster would wreck them all.

So this was like every other Michael Bay movie, but you know what? It worked. It really worked. I think part of my enjoyment was I must have seen it with lots of transformers fans because there was ALOT of clapping, hollering, and cheering in the theater. But I liked it.

Grimlock better damn well be in the sequel though

Last edited:
Alright, so we know the Allspark can change mass. We know it was used to kill Megatron. I really hope in the sequel they don't use it to enable Megatron's ability to change mass when he transforms... like into a gun.

Im pretty sure it will upgrade him to Galvatron if anything

Hey you think Unicron will apear?...probably the third one if they get that far

Yeah, but we Americans time-travelled from the future into the past and gave it to them. Just because we're cool like that.

I love the Grimlock video. It's like he's not even bothering that people can see him.

But then, a T-Rex is hardly conspicuous.

But then again, neither is Grimlock.

:lol: I hate you.

Technically though wasn't he kind of a gun in this? When his body transformed in to the cannon that blasted optimus. Not really a gun but I think that's why they did it.

Basically its got roots on both sides of the ocean but neither can really claim it.

Yeah that was my point.

Last edited:
It's pwning at the box office, too. It was the biggest ever moneymaker for a Tuesday, and the biggest ever moneymaker for the 4th of July holiday.

It's pwning at the box office, too. It was the biggest ever moneymaker for a Tuesday, and the biggest ever moneymaker for the 4th of July holiday.

I know , Bet all the people who said this would be bad or this wouldn't do well , Are thinking "Oh crap we were wrong"

U R all
mixtures-nuts-deluxe-rs_000.jpg

Dude I just saw it and it was great, easily the best movie I've seen this year. The action was spectacular, the humor was great and the actors were all on top. Seriously, awesome. If I got the chance I'd see it again.

My only beefs were there was too much unnessecary characters and stuff with Sam's character in the begining, the Autobots at his house scene was hilarious but too long. I would of liked more time dedicated to the developement of the Autobot's characters, they needed to have a bigger spotlight in the film. Also the fight between Prime and Megatron should not have been intercut with anything else, should of been just the two for three minutes, mono y mono. And when Prime said that great line "One shall stand, one shall fall" Prime wasnt on screen. They should of kept it on him and Megatron. But hey, that's what's sequels are for. Also the action scenes were a little confusing, but thats a give and take with the designs.

But still I loved this movie and want a sequel... NOW!

mono y mono.

Monkey and monkey? wha?

And yes i do hope the make a second one iwonder who they will have i mean Starcreem went looking for back up

Also what happend to Baricade and Scorpinok?

I think since this movie focuses on the more human side of things, the sequel might focus on the more robot side of things (since we've supposedly got Cybertronian refugees coming to Earth, Starscream gathering reinforcements etc.).

Saw this tonight, pretty ****ing sweet. My only beefs was really the shaky camera, and the lack of Autobots killing more Decepticons.

Latest posts

Back