Transformers discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Transformers?

• Total voters
Scorponok will be somewhere in the desert, hopefully preying on small children.

In the comic adaption, Barricade got owned by Optimus Prime. He threw him into a wall and his head snapped off.

I was supposed to see this tonight. But since I gotta go in early all weekend, me and Plain Jane are gonna see this Sunday evening.

She already saw it with her family and said that she has no problem whatsoever seeing it again on account of it's "awesomisosity".

I was supposed to see this tonight. But since I gotta go in early all weekend, me and Plain Jane are gonna see this Sunday evening.

She already saw it with her family and said that she has no problem whatsoever seeing it again on account of it's "awesomisosity".

Dose this mean you have faith in this this film now?

I could've sworn Barricade got his head sliced off by Optimus' sword.

(which is an awesome sentence, but the movie was still lame)

Realize that the movie is almost "old news" by now..having been out nearly a week *S*, but saw it last night, and thought i would offer a few comments (while trying to avoid being repetitive..maybe!)...

> LOVED it. A terrific action movie, a fun "sci fi"/comic book movie, and a great TRANSFORMERS movie.

> Very pleasantly surprised, VERY, that they managed to give the Autobots some personality..to me, that was always a part of the fun of TRANSFORMERS - the robots were not generic, they had personalities. Clearly, there wasn't a TON of time to devote to that, but they managed pretty well, I think. The Decepticons were less well differentiated.. they were generally just "bad", but... with all that was going on, can kind of understand it. Would have enjoyed a hint of the "classic" Starscream personality, for example. But, overall...nice job in giving the heroes personality.

> Overall, the robot designs worked for me - and I had a LOT of misgivings going in. At times they were a BIT busy, which was my main concern, but overall, I thought they worked. And Prime was outstanding...

> Was pleasantly surprised that the "human elements" worked pretty well... some humor, and the military vs Decepticon scenes were first rate. Also liked that, within the boundaries of what they wanted to show, they generated a sense of some desperation at the end, with the humans and Autobots being hard pressed to try to defend the "cube"...

NIT PICKING:

And that is really what this is, I admit it..

Overall, not a big issue, but I would have liked one or two "clean" fight sequences, especially with Optimus vs Megatron. Mostly liked the frenetic pace, thought the use of "realistic" POVs in some scenes was very effective (for example, showing some of the Optimus/Bonecrusher fight from the POV of those in the car at their feet!), but I would have liked a BIT more clarity in a few of the brawls.

So...enjoyed it thoroughly, thought it was a genuinely terrifc TRANSFORMERS adaptation.... IMHO...

Shadow

PS - I really am glad they had the original voice of Optimus. It was a nice touch...*S

Just saw this with my dad(FULL HOUSE on a Sunday night 5 days after the movie came out.... wow).

Just plain amazing.

I'll keep this as short and sweet as I can:

Shia was perfect, Megan Fox(Mikayla) was perfect, the whole cast was perfect.

Some of the pacing could've been better.

It had, without question, the best special effects of any movie ever made. Not once did I briefly think "ah, I can tell that's CGI". I didn't even think "Wow, what great CGI!". The concept didn't occur to me until after I left the theatre. While watching the movie, all I could think about was "Wow, this is it! Look at those Transformers! This is the most incredible thing I've ever seen!". This is a landmark film in that respect, and will be way up there on every "best action movie" list for a century.

And most of all........ it was the perfect ode to technology. I never even thought about that all that much before, but it really is the heart and sole of the whole concept in a lot of ways. Kudos to Bay and Co for pushing it that far, and doing such a great job in the process.

Brilliant film, one of the best in years, and visually, one of the most incredible things I've ever witnessed.

5 out of 5.

The last half of the movie was too much action with too little development, i was bored looking at my watch for about the last half-hour until they defeated Megatron. The only Transformer's voice that really worked for me was Optimus Prime... They could have also used Sector 7 MUCH better than they did.

It was fun, I'm glad I saw it, but Its certainly not the best film of the year by any means... It was a fun summer action movie, about as good as Independence Day... I'm sure I'll see it again... I'm sure I'll see any sequels they do in the series... But seriously, i don't see what so many people are making such a fuss over.

3.5/5 (rounded up to four in the poll)

The last half of the movie was too much action with too little development, i was bored looking at my watch for about the last half-hour until they defeated Megatron. The only Transformer's voice that really worked for me was Optimus Prime... They could have also used Sector 7 MUCH better than they did.

It was fun, I'm glad I saw it, but Its certainly not the best film of the year by any means... It was a fun summer action movie, about as good as Independence Day... I'm sure I'll see it again... I'm sure I'll see any sequels they do in the series... But seriously, i don't see what so many people are making such a fuss over.

3.5/5 (rounded up to four in the poll)

Well, considering you really thought you were going to hate it, I'd say that's something.

You know what the best way to describe this movie is? Take Small Soldiers and multiply it by about 10,000.

I'm not talking about quality. Small Soldiers is a better movie in a lot of ways. Just the whole thing in general.

And the funniest thing is that Kevin Dunn plays the dad in both movies.

Transformers is better than Small Soldiers because the Gorgonites or whatever couldn't transform into jets.

Sigh......I hate being "that guy".

You know "that guy". That guy who doesn't like something that everyone else loves. It instantly ostracizes you and makes you seem somewhat retarded. You might as well pick your nose and eat the booger.

Well......someone's gotta be that guy here. And it looks like I'm him. :?

Transformers. Slightly disappointed. Well pretty disappointed. You know what....I don't know. All I know is that if I never see that film again, I won't shed a tear. Don't get me wrong---I was slightly entertained as the film carried on. But only to the degree of not wanting to walk out. I think the only reason I stuck it out was because I was with the gf. Otherwise...if I had seen it on my own, I would've been pissed.

Michael Bay was the perfect person to do this film. His films are nothing more than sweeping camera shots, slow motion poses, and cheesy dialouge. That is exactly what this was. I was even able to pick out certain shots that he's duplicated in other movies.

My mind is so all over the place with these comments.

Ok...let's try and organize this.....

Look and Design
I hated the look of the Transformers. They didn't look like anything really. Just giant metal heaps moving around. I understand that they needed to look more realistic than their cartoon counterparts....but I just didn't like 'em. Nothing more to it.

What irked me the most is the fights at the end. It was alomost impossible to tell what was happening between the giant robots. It was like, "Who just hit who?". Annoying. And where were they getting the ammo from? I don't know about you, but I've never seen a Nokia camera come with bullets.

And don't even get me started on Soundwave. Soundwave was reduced to R2-D2 on RedBull. Ugh.

Story
Oh were to begin? Bay's films have always been lean on story and heavy on effects. This was no different. Those who've seen it know the story. It is what it is. Never mind the gaping plot holes. Let's focus on the cheesy acting. Standard Bay. And of course the unattainable girl has a troubled past that makes her just a little bit more vulnerable and that much more in your reach. Of course she's a car expert. Of course she has a juvie record! And ontop of that…Megan Fox is hot yeah. But she looks like every other young starlet in Hollywood. I'm just not impressed.

Easter Eggs
The one thing I did like in the film. I liked how Bay threw in all those random treats for the old school fans. Having the new Bumblebee pull up next to the old BB. Optimus' Matrix in his chest. There were some more but I forget.

I'd much rather watch Pearl Harbor than this again. I need to stop talking about this film before I get too upset. If anyone needs me I'll be watching Bad Boys 2.

2.5/5

Yeah....I know.....go ahead and spew your hate.

Sigh......I hate being "that guy".

You know "that guy". That guy who doesn't like something that everyone else loves. It instantly ostracizes you and makes you seem somewhat retarded. You might as well pick your nose and eat the booger.

Well......someone's gotta be that guy here. And it looks like I'm him. :?

Transformers. Slightly disappointed. Well pretty disappointed. You know what....I don't know. All I know is that if I never see that film again, I won't shed a tear. Don't get me wrong---I was slightly entertained as the film carried on. But only to the degree of not wanting to walk out. I think the only reason I stuck it out was because I was with the gf. Otherwise...if I had seen it on my own, I would've been pissed.

Michael Bay was the perfect person to do this film. His films are nothing more than sweeping camera shots, slow motion poses, and cheesy dialouge. That is exactly what this was. I was even able to pick out certain shots that he's duplicated in other movies.

My mind is so all over the place with these comments.

Ok...let's try and organize this.....

Look and Design
I hated the look of the Transformers. They didn't look like anything really. Just giant metal heaps moving around. I understand that they needed to look more realistic than their cartoon counterparts....but I just didn't like 'em. Nothing more to it.

What irked me the most is the fights at the end. It was alomost impossible to tell what was happening between the giant robots. It was like, "Who just hit who?". Annoying. And where were they getting the ammo from? I don't know about you, but I've never seen a Nokia camera come with bullets.

And don't even get me started on Soundwave. Soundwave was reduced to R2-D2 on RedBull. Ugh.

Story
Oh were to begin? Bay's films have always been lean on story and heavy on effects. This was no different. Those who've seen it know the story. It is what it is. Never mind the gaping plot holes. Let's focus on the cheesy acting. Standard Bay. And of course the unattainable girl has a troubled past that makes her just a little bit more vulnerable and that much more in your reach. Of course she's a car expert. Of course she has a juvie record! And ontop of that…Megan Fox is hot yeah. But she looks like every other young starlet in Hollywood. I'm just not impressed.

Easter Eggs
The one thing I did like in the film. I liked how Bay threw in all those random treats for the old school fans. Having the new Bumblebee pull up next to the old BB. Optimus' Matrix in his chest. There were some more but I forget.

I'd much rather watch Pearl Harbor than this again. I need to stop talking about this film before I get too upset. If anyone needs me I'll be watching Bad Boys 2.

2.5/5

Yeah....I know.....go ahead and spew your hate.

It's like the being that one guy that hated All-Star Superman.

I agree with everything you said, VVD... Especially about the looks of the Transformers...

Optimus Prime from the Cartoon is iconic. Optimus Prime in the movie is just another robot, who for some reason has a Nose and Lips.

I agree with everything you said, VVD... Especially about the looks of the Transformers...

Optimus Prime from the Cartoon is iconic. Optimus Prime in the movie is just another robot, who for some reason has a Nose and Lips.

Which he should never have.

So, how many minutes of deleted and/or extended scenes do you guys think will be on the DVD of this movie?

Optimus Prime from the Cartoon is iconic. Optimus Prime in the movie is just another robot,

Bah! Firstly, yes, his original form is iconic. But, his form in the movie both greatly resembles his original form in a more contemporary way and makes him look like an actual highly-advanced robot instead of a couple boxes glued together, like the original series.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back