Transformers discussion (Spoilers!)

How would you rate Transformers?

• Total voters
I agree with everything you said, VVD... Especially about the looks of the Transformers...

Optimus Prime from the Cartoon is iconic. Optimus Prime in the movie is just another robot, who for some reason has a Nose and Lips.

Which was stupid because when he was fighting he actually had that guard go over his nose and mouth. Why not just have him wear it all the time?

Why did the robots need to have fangs?

I just didn't like it.

And why was I the only one who laughed outloud when the screen said "Qatar - The Middle East"? You mean as opposed to the Qatar in Florida? :lol: And then....they had the nerver to tell us again that it was "Qatar- The Middle East". You mean it's the same Qatar as it was an hour ago? They're not in the Qatar in Southern Kansas? :lol:

And for the record----Qatar looks NOTHING like that. It's actually very pebble-ish and built up as hell. Maybe 5 years ago Qatar was all tents....but now it's dorms, pools, Subway, Starbucks, etc.

Qatar is the Puerto Rico of the Middle East.

Wow .... and this is the guy who insults my taste :lol: :lol:

So, how many minutes of deleted and/or extended scenes do you guys think will be on the DVD of this movie?

I'm hoping a lot

Bah! Firstly, yes, his original form is iconic. But, his form in the movie both greatly resembles his original form in a more contemporary way and makes him look like an actual highly-advanced robot instead of a couple boxes glued together, like the original series.

Agreed , The look of the tranformers was perfect , any other way like say had optimus look like his original self most likely would of looked cheesey like a power ranger Zord battle.

How they look in film it's like "Wow , theses are advanced alien machines". Also we all saw the trailers of how they looked so if you were surprised by the look ....

Wow .... and this is the guy who insults my taste :lol: :lol:

Ugh. We back on that again?

I think we've established that just because I didn't care for Transformers, doesn't mean that your taste in just about EVERYTHING is pretty atrocious.

So you liked Transformers. Congrats. I even said that it had it's moments. But for the most part...it just didn't do anything for me. Not once did I say that anyone who liked this film is just plain Mole-retarded. But proving once again that you are the New Watcher---you went for the personal shot. Congrats again at sucking.

And since I'm not the only one who disliked the film...I assume that your comment about taste can apply to DSF as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just find it funny that you insult my taste in everything if I don't agree with you. I do it back and as a JOKE by the way and you prove you can't take it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I wish there was more Decepticon screen-time in general, featuring any of them for at least a few minutes. But I'm not brooding over that until I get my hands on the DVD... and Heaven help those bastards if they release a "normal" DVD, then one with a bunch of new footage and features a few months later. Heaven. Help. Them.

Last edited:
I wish there was more Decepticon screen-time in general, featuring any of them for at least a few minutes. But I'm not brooding over that until I get my hands on the DVD... and Heaven help those bastards if they release a "normal" DVD, then one with a bunch of new footage and features a few months later. Heaven. Help. Them.

I get angrier at the x.x releases right before the sequel. I'm looking at you Spider-Man...

I wish there was more Decepticon screen-time in general, featuring any of them for at least a few minutes. But I'm not brooding over that until I get my hands on the DVD... and Heaven help those bastards if the release a "normal" DVD, then one with a bunch of new footage and features a few months later. Heaven. Help. Them.

They will do that. They all do that now days. It's annoying. At least some dvds e.g AvP over here they realsed "Extreme Edition" (not sure what normal had) but Extreme Edition came out same day as normal had extras and Extended version (which was the same as the american unrated version minus the cgi-looking blood they added to that one :roll: )

But when it comes out on dvd I will buy 2 disk version over here and hopefully it'll have extended version

I get angrier at the x.x releases right before the sequel. I'm looking at you Spider-Man...

:lol: 2.1 was pretty bad extended wise what was 4-8 minutes extra? :oops: i still bought though

Last edited:
I've been hearing rumors from other fans that they think 1. Starscream was one of the jets that fired on Megatron, and 2. that Barricade could have actually been Prowl secretly infiltrating the Decepticons.

I hope both are true. And if neither were actually intended, I hope the sequel confirms them to be true.

Barricade actually being Prowl would shed some light on why him and Bumblebee only had a few second fight off-camera (Barricade could have revealed himself), how the Autobots knew what the Decepticons knew (or did they reveal why already? I forget), and it would explain why Barricade was shown racing into battle with Bonecrusher, but didn't actually fight.
Prowl originally was supposed to be in the movie... maybe he really was?

I've been hearing rumors from other fans that they think 1. Starscream was one of the jets that fired on Megatron,

That would be Perfect. Even more so after his "You have failed me yet again starscream" Please let this be true

Oh, and guess who was supposed to be in the movie? Arcee! Why was she cut? I really wish I knew, but they're still going to release her toy!

http://tformers.com/transformers_database/movie/253/arcee_Autobots_Deluxe.html

I'm already slightly turned on.

That would be Perfect. Even more so after his "You have failed me yet again starscream" Please let this be true

The legendary defiance of Starscream is what defined his character, so him blending in with the other jets that fired on Megatron has to be true for that reason alone.

What I think will happen is that, with Megatron dead, Starscream will have a much bigger role in the sequel, maybe as the new leader of the Decepticons or a big ally of/merged with Unicron(wasn't that him soaring off into space during the credits?). What do you think?

Bah! Firstly, yes, his original form is iconic. But, his form in the movie both greatly resembles his original form in a more contemporary way and makes him look like an actual highly-advanced robot instead of a couple boxes glued together, like the original series.
Agreed , The look of the tranformers was perfect , any other way like say had optimus look like his original self most likely would of looked cheesey like a power ranger Zord battle.

How they look in film it's like "Wow , theses are advanced alien machines".

Completely agree.

Was I the only one who loved how they walked too? Original cartoon = Big bullk none moveable feet. Yet they walked as normal as a human. The movie = their feet were non moveable too and they way walked showed that.

I actually watched this today with a friend who came around.

I noticed more and more little details that when I think about it , On their on e.g walking. Might not seem like much but take that away from the film and it would be either a ) more cheesy or b) just bad. With them this film became something much more than "a live action version of an 80's cartoon" it became a great movie.

Optimus having lips , I liked. He got his face grill when he wasn't talking which was cool then he talks and I feel the lips helped him feel less so big robot and more like a real person. Like he said they are living but machine at the time so that helped bring it all together

the fact Bumblebee had some organic looking qualities to his face actually made it sad when he got caught by the government. He didn't look like "The robot got caught so?" and looked like "Oh god they a hurting him." He looked like he was in real pain and sad and crying out to be helped.

That same scene when optimus said there was no way to help him with out hurting the humans made it more emotional I thought as it was a case of them hurting and almost killing his team mate and yet he was so compassionate that he didn't want to hurt anyone. Even though he could of easily.

I heard complaints on some movie forms about the way optimus spoke. Like it was too cheesy with the whole "i have seen the goodness in there hearts" I thought that was perfect as he acted just like the original prime and every series Optimus gives those types of speeches. Nice touch.

I figured maybe just maybe second time around it would loose some ratings off me but no. It is still the same maybe 0.1-0.2% better.

Doom, that was Frenzy, not Soundwave. Though he was a bit lame. He did his job though.

I think the designs for the Transformers were actually good... especially with what they had to work from. The only problems are faces. Some of them have fangs, some of them have human eyes, some of them look like something that's not robots. But I was fine with it.

Oh, and I think it would have been more emotional if Bumblebee had died instead of Jazz. We've spent most of the movie getting to know Bumblebee. So when Megatron is chasing Sam, Bumblebee jumps in the way as a distraction, and Megatron should just rip him to pieces. This motivates Sam to kill Megatron with the cube.

Yeah. Still a very enjoyable movie though.

Latest posts

Back