Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Discussion (SPOILERS)

How would you rate Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

• Total voters
I think I will see this tomorrow morning in IMAX.

I expect this to be the most awesome thing ever.

:lol:

What's wrong with Bumblebee?

That right there is the problem with him.

He's a walking trap for the Autobots. Almost every story with him involves him getting his *** kicked, then the Autobots have to save him, which always ends up in either an Autobot dying, or something equally as bad.

That right there is the problem with him.

He's a walking trap for the Autobots. Almost every story with him involves him getting his *** kicked, then the Autobots have to save him, which always ends up in either an Autobot dying, or something equally as bad.

You see Langsta, Bumblebee is like a kid. And Houde hates kids.

Or so he claims.

Roger Ebert said:
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments. One of these involves a dog-like robot humping the leg of the heroine. Such are the meager joys.

"A horrible experience of unbearable length"? If you can't stand it than don't watch and review movies. You've been doing this for 30+ years dude, you should be used to it by now. And of course a dog-like robot humping Megan Fox's leg is amusing. But you're like 60 or 70 years old dude, what's wrong with you? Is that how you get your kicks? Yeah, I bet you liked it, you sick old pervert.

If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.

Why don't you just say it's "bad," and leave it at that? Seriously?

Why couldn't you have been out sick with a bad case of who gives a ****?

Last edited:
"A horrible experience of unbearable length"? If you can't stand it than don't watch and review movies. You've been doing this for 30+ years dude, you should be used to it by now. And of course a dog-like robot humping Megan Fox's leg is amusing. But you're like 60 or 70 years old dude, what's wrong with you? Is that how you get your kicks? Yeah, I bet you liked it, you sick old pervert.

?

If a reviewer can't separate the **** from the roses, then he really shouldn't have a place in the industry. Honestly, Ebert has earned his reputation as a top-tier film critic. He's a scholar of film, a guy who's proven time and time again that, even in a very subjective occupation, he still manages to have insightful and well-regarded commentary. If he feels the need to be that hyperbolic in claiming what a horrible movie it is, then yeah, it's probably a horrible movie.

Scratch that, it IS a horrible movie. I can tell you already. It's awful, just all around, in every feasible way, a perfect ****-storm of everything that's terrible about Jerry Bruckheimer. How it managed to even get a 30% on Rotten Tomatoes is just beyond me. And I haven't even seen the movie yet. Even the best reviews seem to claim that it's just on par with the first movie, and we know what a turd that turned out to be.

Langsta said:

He wouldn't be much of a review then.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I'm not expecting gold here.

I just to watch the explosions and robots.

EDIT:...wait. Is the dog robt humping Fox supposed to be Wheelie? I'd understand them wanting to distance him from Wall-E, but dang...

Last edited:
?

If a reviewer can't separate the **** from the roses, then he really shouldn't have a place in the industry. Honestly, Ebert has earned his reputation as a top-tier film critic. He's a scholar of film, a guy who's proven time and time again that, even in a very subjective occupation, he still manages to have insightful and well-regarded commentary. If he feels the need to be that hyperbolic in claiming what a horrible movie it is, then yeah, it's probably a horrible movie.

The dude WATCHES MOVIES for a living. I wish I had that job. If I could get paid to watch movies before they come out, and tell people my opinion of them, then I wouldn't be acting like such a melodramatic *****. "Oh, it's a horrible experience of unbearable length." Get over it, it's your damn job! You'd think you'd just had open heart surgery or something.

He wouldn't be much of a review then

He didn't have to carry it out with "save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination." I think he put more time into that sentence than he did into trying to watch this movie.

The first Bayformers wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. If RotF is at least on par with the first movie, then it will at least be good. Ebert acted like he was going into the movie expecting some Gone With the Wind ****, it's freakin' Michael Bay, it's a senseless action movie with robots, cars, hot chicks, explosions, and more robots.

Last edited:
How does "The Fallen" look in the movie. Man, me and my friends had a transformers marathon party. Watching G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines,RID,Armada, Energon,Cybertron and the first two seasons of Animated to get ready for this one.

How does "The Fallen" look in the movie. Man, me and my friends had a transformers marathon party. Watching G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines,RID,Armada, Energon,Cybertron and the first two seasons of Animated to get ready for this one.

Haven't you seen the promotional images of him? Or are you asking how good of a job they did with him? He doesn't look anything like the Pat Lee version. That one's bulky and covered in flames, this one's not. This one's skinny and looks a lot more instect-like and it looks like it has veins/cracks of lava in it. You wouldn't know it was supposed to be The Fallen unless someone told you. He still looks pretty badass though. Just look him up on Wikipedia or on Teletraan I, the Transformers Wiki.

Last edited:

Because just writing "I didn''t like it" would get ebert fired from the newspaper, he is a writer, he is hired to write prose.

Also he wrote a bad review for a movie, he didn't kill your parents, chill out.

Now I respect Ebert's opinion about a billion times more then your's. He likely knows far more about cinema, then everyone on this board put together. He has been doing this for 40 years and has studied cinema for even more time.
I have far more reason to respect his opinion, then some guy on the internet.

Haven't you seen the promotional images of him? Or are you asking how good of a job they did with him? He doesn't look anything like the Pat Lee version. That one's bulky and covered in flames, this one's not. This one's skinny and looks a lot more instect-like and it looks like it has veins/cracks of lava in it. You wouldn't know it was supposed to be The Fallen unless someone told you. He still looks pretty badass though. Just look him up on Wikipedia or on Teletraan I, the Transformers Wiki.

Yeah, that's what i was asking. How cool the film version is.

Latest posts

Back