Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Discussion (SPOILERS)

How would you rate Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

• Total voters
Because just writing "I didn''t like it" would get ebert fired from the newspaper, he is a writer, he is hired to write prose.

Also he wrote a bad review for a movie, he didn't kill your parents, chill out.

Now I respect Ebert's opinion about a billion times more then your's. He likely knows far more about cinema, then everyone on this board put together. He has been doing this for 40 years and has studied cinema for even more time.
I have far more reason to respect his opinion, then some guy on the internet.

I said he didn't have to carry it out like he did. He didn't like it, that's his opinion, but it's just retarded how he goes off and says stuff like it would be better to go and cue up a male choir singing the music of hell and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. I don't care that he says the movie is bad, I respect his opinion, it's just the way he goes about saying it. And I know I'm nitpicking, but honestly, this conversation shouldn't have been dragged out for so many posts. I know he's been doing his job for 40 years. He's "studied cinema"? He's watched a ****load of movies! Nothing in his reviews indicates that he's actually learned anything from "studying" movies. At least, nothing in this particular review.

I know it sounds like I need to chill, I know it sounds like what I say keeps getting harsher and harsher, but it's only because I keep having to explain myself OVER and OVER again. I know it sounded like I was making a big deal out of nothing, but I wasn't at first. I started making a big deal when I kept having to explain.

Sounds like you guys got some sand stuck in your vaginas

I know it sounds like I need to chill, I know it sounds like what I say keeps getting harsher and harsher, but it's only because I keep having to explain myself OVER and OVER again. I know it sounded like I was making a big deal out of nothing, but I wasn't at first. I started making a big deal when I kept having to explain. Ya dig?

Last edited:
I said he didn't have to carry it out like he did. He didn't like it, that's his opinion, but it's just retarded how he goes off and says stuff like it would be better to go and cue up a male choir singing the music of hell and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. I don't care that he says the movie is bad, I respect his opinion, it's just the way he goes about saying it. And I know I'm nitpicking, but honestly, this conversation shouldn't have been dragged out for so many posts. I know he's been doing his job for 40 years. He's "studied cinema"? He's watched a ****load of movies! Nothing in his reviews indicates that he's actually learned anything from "studying" movies. At least, nothing in this particular review.[/I]

That's because people love it when he slams he doesn't like, I have a book filled bad reviews Ebert has given bad reviews to. That's what the people who read his articles like to see, so he just doing his job.

The fact is I have articles, I like show, even though I don't always agree him, I like his methodology and think he is skilled reviewer and writer, so I respect his opinion more then some guy on the internet.

I know it sounds like I need to chill, I know it sounds like what I say keeps getting harsher and harsher, but it's only because I keep having to explain myself OVER and OVER again. I know it sounded like I was making a big deal out of nothing, but I wasn't at first. I started making a big deal when I kept having to explain.

[/I]

Its just a movie, no reason to get worked up about it.

Anyway, I will say something positive about this film: I like the fact, that besides Hugo Weaving, the Transformers are voiced by professional voice actors, not celebs. Its about time voice actors got some roles in a big picture like this.

Last edited:
The fact is I have articles, I like show, even though I don't always agree him, I like his methodology and think he is skilled reviewer and writer, so I respect his opinion more then some guy on the internet.

You can respect whosever opinion you want. I don't care.

Its just a movie, no reason to get worked up about it.

I don't care that he gave the movie a bad review, I'm getting worked up because I keep having to repeat myself. So go ahead, ask me again. I'm just waiting to get infracted. This discussion probably isn't even infraction-worthy.

Last edited:
You can respect whosever opinion you want. I don't care.

And I don't care about that, so we are even.

I don't care that he gave the movie a bad review, I'm getting worked up because I keep having to repeat myself. So go ahead, ask me again.

No one is forcing you repeat anything, no one is putting a a gun to your head and making you post things, so chill out.

Last edited:
This is the most mundane and pointless thing I've read.

Shut up. Start talking about Transformers.

Finally, I watched it, and I really enjoyed it.But you really have to do a lot of things to actually enjoy it.

1- You have to ignore the meaninglessness of the storyline.
2- You have to accept that it will contain a lot of meaningless and pointless dialouges, and a real heavy amount of 3rd degree jokes, and some "nigga" autobots.Then you have to ignore these too :).
3- You have to accept the fact that the biggest robot in the movie has "balls" just like every male human being has.Seriously... That was worse than "bat ****".

After doing that;

You can enjoy pure Megan Fox fun, a lot scenes are made of Megan running in slow-mo and her chest jumping up and down... Megan running with Shea, Megan running with Shea and Shea's parents, Megan running with soldiers... Pam looked less sexy on Baywatch, trust me ;).

You can enjoy huge robots kicking each other's asses, but not so slow-mo.So while they are doing some cool tricks ((by the way all the robots were 10 times more agile in the first movie...)) you'll miss a lot of details, because they never go slow-mo.

You can enjoy a massive amount of Chevrolet cars turning into cool robots.Yet you won't enjoy any of the transformation scenes, because they are happening so instantly.And clearly Optimus got an upgrade, because even his transformation scenes take like 3 seconds ((which is nearly 100 times faster than his first movie performance...))

You can enjoy a lot of U.S. army advertisement too...

You can also enjoy Devastator's balls ((or whatever that huge robot made of the constructicon's named))...But that's totally a matter of opinion.You may not really like it...

You can enjoy a weakened Megatron too, because Optimus seems to kick his *** even with 2 other decepticons joining the fight...((ok, at least it takes a sneak attack to beat him...))

And finally you can enjoy Megan Fox, the cutest, the hottest, the sexiest human being ever.Everytime she is on screen my heart seemed to stop.

Oh, you can enjoy some decepticon trying to rape her legs too :).

Last edited:
Well, I am Turkish and I don't know much about the ideology or history behind the word, but it sounds better than "bots pretending like black hip-hop stars".And it looks more innocent than "bat tıts" since the auto language adjusting thingie didn't put a "*" anywhere around it...

Sorry if it's assaulting or something like that, I can change it...

Last edited:
Well, I am Turkish and I don't know much about the ideology or history behind the word, but it sounds better than "bots pretending like black hip-hop stars".And it looks more innocent than "bat tıts" since the auto language adjusting thingie didn't put a "*" anywhere around it...

Sorry if it's assaulting or something like that, I can change it...

I'm just saying, it could be taken offensively.

This movie seems to contradict some of what was explained in the first movie. According to the first movie, Megatron and Optimus Prime ruled Cybertron in 1 Million BC. But according to this movie, the Original 13 Transformers came to Earth in 17,000 BC and did their thing. I thought the 13 originals were supposed to come before Optimus? I doubt Megs and Optimus would be ruling in 1 Million BC if that were the case. Does Revenge of the Fallen make Optimus one of the 13 originals or something?

Last edited:
You might be right.I can't really remember the exact words of Optimus fro the first movie about their origin.

But I don't care about that anyway.All I am interested in is huge bad-a** robots fighting and shooting each other, big exlosions and Megan Fox anyway...Who cares about continuity in a Megan Fox movie ;).

If you want to talk about Ebert, make a new thread.

this was sold out before 11 at 2 different theaters i went to, the 3rd had an opening in the front row...i took it.

it was an enjoyable movie, not the best ****, but at least worth the 30 bucks to go see it.

2 tickets (20) and 2 sodas (10)= 30

it had its faults... and at times a little slow, but whateva. that crazy female robot was very well done with cgi....almost looked like a page out of the terminator book.

i thought the twins were hillbilly's.

this was sold out before 11 at 2 different theaters i went to, the 3rd had an opening in the front row...i took it.

it was an enjoyable movie, not the best ****, but at least worth the 30 bucks to go see it.

2 tickets (20) and 2 sodas (10)= 30

it had its faults... and at times a little slow, but whateva. that crazy female robot was very well done with cgi....almost looked like a page out of the terminator book.

i thought the twins were hillbilly's.

What about Arcee/"The Sisters"?

I can't see this till the weekend....I'm taking my dad as a late father's day gift (he loves the first movie).

Latest posts

Back