Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Discussion (SPOILERS)

How would you rate Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

• Total voters
I have just seen this movie, but am too tired to give a review of any sort. Instead, I will share an observation I have made regarding Optimus:

He has some serious pent-up agression in regards to the Autobot-Decepticon Civil War. Just look at the ways he takes out Decepticreeps in this film. while I think it makes sense, since he is a nice guy who is now at the head of a war that all but killed his race and his "brother" is leading the opposing side. Still, it is rather jarring to see a guy who keeps trying to take the peaceful way out be so gung-ho about ripping his own kind apart in horrible ways. The army needs to get him a psychologist and/or a therapist. Especially since he, you know, came back to life and used an ally's corpse as armor.

Last edited:
He has some serious pent-up agression in regards to the Autobot-Decepticon Civil War. Just look at the ways he takes out Decepticreeps in this film. while I think it makes sense, since he is a nice guy who is now at the head of a war that all but killed his race and his "brother" is leading the opposing side. Still, it is rather jarring to see a guy who keeps trying to take the peaceful way out be so gung-ho about ripping his own kind apart in horrible ways. The army needs to get him a psychologist and/or a therapist. Especially since he, you know, came back to life and used an ally's corpse as armor.

it's not his fault he's a badass.

Last edited:
I have just seen this movie, but am too tired to give a review of any sort. Instead, I will share an observation I have made regarding Optimus:

That's interesting, because in the Unicron Trilogy, Unicron forces Optimus to face the fact that on some level, he enjoys the thrill of combat. I think this leads to Optimus rejecting the Matrix for a while, because he doesn't think he deserves it. And then when he comes back he kicks all kinds of ***, or so I've read. He dies like 10 times in that series.

it's not his fault he's a badass.

:rockon::rockon:

Last edited:
I liked it. The only complaint was that it was too long with too much needless stuff. Like, Sam's roommate should not have even been there.

I liked the Fallen, Sideswipe, and Optimus was bad *** this time around.

I thought the voice acting was great. The score was good too.

In all the scenes of Jetfire, I was thinking how similar he was to Alan Moore. I just saw a whole thread dedicated to this on a Transformers forum so I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so. Anyone else think so? I'm wondering now if it was intentional or not.

So I just got back from seeing it in IMAX (which the first scene was hard as **** to follow) and I really loved it. Just like last time they did a great job mixing serious action with goofy dialog. In fact I'm quite amazed at how some of the humor was written pretty poorly but it was preformed very well to make it entertaining. The Whitwiky family was just top notch comedy all around, those actors have such great chemistry and wonderful timing. I would watch a movie of just them. And the twin robots were handle very well. I was expecting to be completely annoyed by them but Bay knew how to use them, by having them to the side where you could ignore them or not. Not like C3-po in attack of the clones where he was made a focal point of the scene instead of the side.

The cgi was great as always and they did another great job with making the fights a battleground. The Forest fight was amazing as was the intensity of the last battle. I also like how they turned the section 7 guy a likable character. The only real problem was that much of the autobots from the last movie and some of a new ones got almost no meaningful dialog or character development. Buy the adding of the mythology of Transformers was great. And the Megatron and Starscream interaction was just like the cartoon.

Overall a very fun movie. Great for watching with friends

Also:

SOUNDWAVE!!!!

soundwave.jpg

Just saw it. Loved it. Prime was a badass and that wheelie dude was hilarious. The cinema was packed and they all seemed to have enjoyed it. Also, heaven has giant robots sweet.

Is it true...does Optimus Prime die?!

and if so does he come back?

You say it like it's the first time he has died a came back. He's done it in every series..... except for RID anyway. But yes he died and came back. Even someone in the audience yelled "he's robot jesus".

You say it like it's the first time he has died a came back. He's done it in every series..... except for RID anyway. But yes he died and came back. Even someone in the audience yelled "he's robot jesus".

Of course, why didn't i know that? Maybe because I know nothing about Transformers outside of these movies. I'll take that as a "yes, he does" though.

I thought that when everyone was talking about Mudflap and Skids being the Jar Jar Binks Twins they meant that the two were annoying. I had no idea that they too were stereotypes in the movie:

ObsessedWithFilm said:
The characters in question are Skids and Mudflap, who after an initial appearance as a ratty old ice cream truck are upgraded to be green and orange Chevys. More to the point, both characters speak with voices that sound like urban black stereotypes, have big ears and buck teeth and proclaim that they 'don't do much readin''. Skids even has a gold tooth.

I thought that when everyone was talking about Mudflap and Skids being the Jar Jar Binks Twins they meant that the two were annoying. I had no idea that they too were stereotypes in the movie:

That is true, but how could anyone notice a gold tooth? Their faces are confusing as hell

I didn't even know they were in the movie. I thought they were made up for the Burger King commercial, trying to make them like 'street kids' or whatever.

Either way, I did love the movie. Lots of fun.

Latest posts

Back