Ultimate Annuals previews (several merged threads)

The secret is out Ultimate Gambit is really Lestat from Interview with the Vampire series

icemastertron said:
I mean this in no offense to Hairsine, but someone from another board, who I will not name and neither the board, said that Dillon shouldn't have been picked for the Ultimates Annual, and that Marvel should have picked Travel Foreman (no clue who this is) or....Trevor Hairsine!

If Hairsine was the artist, we'd see the issue by Thanksgiving! :lol:

Again, no offense....:shifty:

Travel Foreman (I think) was the artist on Com.X's Cla$$war, which (I think) was originally pencilled by Hairsine. He drew a Doctor Spectrum spinoff (from Supreme Power) for Marvel recently.

Ultimate Spider-Man:

I actually think it may be a Carnage-Gwen thing, and this for two reasons:
A. You porbably all remember the "Carnage is Gwen Stacy" gags that Bendis kept saying before the Carnage arc. Well.... maybe he wasn't kidding....

And the second and more substantial reason - Look in the background, to the left of Spidey, notice the big chimney's? Don't those chimney's look farmilar? To remind you all Peter dropped Carnage into a chimney very similar to those...

Just my two Cents...

TyphoiDCAT said:
The secret is out Ultimate Gambit is really Lestat from Interview with the Vampire series
Hahaha, that blond hair is freaking me out a lot.

I think its fine they're in Vegas although I don't think its a wedding. Good to see Juggs back though. I really love the FF cover and look forward to reading that annual actually. The Ultimates could just be the straight up shadow team with Karma, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and no doubt unnamed others.

IronSyndicate said:
Ultimate Spider-Man:

I actually think it may be a Carnage-Gwen thing, and this for two reasons:
A. You porbably all remember the "Carnage is Gwen Stacy" gags that Bendis kept saying before the Carnage arc. Well.... maybe he wasn't kidding....

And the second and more substantial reason - Look in the background, to the left of Spidey, notice the big chimney's? Don't those chimney's look farmilar? To remind you all Peter dropped Carnage into a chimney very similar to those...

Just my two Cents...

I still can't see what you guys see in these Gwen clones. It's one thing to kill her before the 100th issue, but to bring her back in that same amount of issues? C'mon... I'd like her to stay where she is. As much as I liked her...

Goodwill said:
I still can't see what you guys see in these Gwen clones. It's one thing to kill her before the 100th issue, but to bring her back in that same amount of issues? C'mon... I'd like her to stay where she is. As much as I liked her...

I completley agree. I LOVED Gwen. And I think she died in the lamest and worst way to go. To me the whole Carnage arc seemed like an excuse to kill off Gwen.

I just hope that if it is Gwen, Bendis knows what he's doing and won't go into a whole clone-saga-esque put-your-brain-in-a-blender type story...

Yes, but sadly Bendis himself admitted that the clone junk was not over yet... I don't know if this means that Gwen will return as a clone, however, it doesn't necessarily mean that or anything good.

I started a thread on this also over on millarworld.net, and was hoping for MM to post something. I asked if he could tell us anything, and he did, but of course, didn't give away anything, but was able to say something at the least. And also, why there's no cover shown for the Ultimates Annual.

Mark Millar said:
"It's not my place to give away the details of the other two annuals, but my own will feature a brand new super-team in The Ultimates, made up entirely of new characters and having been put together by Nick Fury for a reason you probably shouldn't hear about until you've read issue six later this month. The UFF annual is pretty unusual for me in that we're dipping into old Marvel characters (as opposed to just creating new ones and new situations) and doing the Ultimate Inhumans. It's a new take on the characters and I think you'll dig it, especially when you see the glorious artwork of Mister Jae Lee on these characters again. I was an absolute pain in the arse with Marvel regarding ythe artists on my two books, knocking back seven different proposed artists until I got the ones I wanted. Like I said, these have to be big and special and the artists had to be A-list if readers are being charged extra cash for the story.

MM

PS Not sure if they're linked here, but three of the covers are up on JQ.com this morning. The Ultimates cover spoilers issue six a little so this won't be released for a couple of weeks."

Hmmm... does that sound like he's going to recruit some of the Defenders, or that he's going to utilize a black-ops team to take out the Defenders....

Dr.Strangefate said:
Hmmm... does that sound like he's going to recruit some of the Defenders, or that he's going to utilize a black-ops team to take out the Defenders....
I don't know. It says new characters, so I doubt it'll be anyone that we have seen, or will see before the annual.

Should we read Entirely New as created for the UU, or Entirely New for the Ultimate Universe, but old characters....

I'd be ready for some more Avengers ultimized...

Jackie Estacado said:
me a legend UltimateE? how did i get that status? lol
thanks for info too btw
Its because your one of about 5 people who still have individualized subnics. Yours is justified too

Dr.Strangefate said:
Should we read Entirely New as created for the UU, or Entirely New for the Ultimate Universe, but old characters....

I'd be ready for some more Avengers ultimized...

These are the characters that I've been waiting to see. Put aside my ranting that there are too many characters at the moment and allow me to rant at what characters I would like to see show up... For one, I would love to see and Ultimate Tigra. I think she'd be a great person to have on a black-ops team! Also, I'd like it if Falcon, Dr. Strange, Karma, Psylocke, and Forge should round out thet team. I think that they would be a good combination of characters.

Goodwill said:
These are the characters that I've been waiting to see. Put aside my ranting that there are too many characters at the moment and allow me to rant at what characters I would like to see show up... For one, I would love to see and Ultimate Tigra. I think she'd be a great person to have on a black-ops team! Also, I'd like it if Falcon, Dr. Strange, Karma, Psylocke, and Forge should round out thet team. I think that they would be a good combination of characters.

Well besides Tigra your list is already void because they said they'd be all new ultimizations... again... :?

Goodwill said:
These are the characters that I've been waiting to see. Put aside my ranting that there are too many characters at the moment and allow me to rant at what characters I would like to see show up...

Lets not turn this into a "Who would you like to see Ultimized" thread....

Latest posts

Back