ultimate beast

take what??? What the F**K are you talking about?

I've been reading comics for a long time, and I will say this: the Beast is very much a second string character. I have no idea what the character was like before the "new" X-Men such as Wolverine and Colossus showed up, but I can't imagine him being very important.

He wandered out of the saga in Claremont's run (and early in it, too) and stayed out. He ended up in the weird second string limbo - was in the Avengers for a bit, might have been a defender (its late, can't remember), but basically was no real use to anyone. They turned him from short stocky guy with big feet to blue fellow. He was "ressurected" for X-Factor (basically a comic than ran on nostalgia) in his original form (can't remember why or how). Then he was hit by something and turned stupid and big. Then he turned blue and furry again. Und so weiter...

In other words, Marvel doesn't much care about the Beast. No one can do much interesting with him. So its no great loss to see him killed in the Ultimate Universe. And Marvel can afford to kill him.

Gavin

Wow!!!! So, what you lot are saying is that Beast and Giant-man wil be members of Ultimate Defenders led by General Ross!!!

Great idea, how did you come up with that?

let me work off of Mr. Bennett's post...

I think that's total bullsh*t saying that Beast is a second string character... and here's why me being that not so big of a comic book fan as the rest of you considers Beast to be an essential X-Men character... and anyone else who does not religiously follow comic books will tell you the same thing... Beast is not the kind of character you can "afford" to get rid of... especially in the ultimate comics because the purpose was so some people, like myself, could feel comftorable with picking up comics from scratch and feel they haven't missed out anything... and killing off Beast makes me feel uncomftorable.... :gripe:

Wow.

Look you lot...

Everything I say on this site is said with my tounge ever so slightly in my cheek.

That is to say...

I totally can accept that Beast is dead.

I also totally believe that it was really cool killing him off.

I also totally believe that Beast is a fantastic character, he has managed to appear in 40 years of comics, he plays a pivitol role in Astonishing X-men, he featured in the Avengers Finale, he appears in countless other x-books, he is a wonderful character.

With his mutant power he is a great gymnastic athlete, with strength and agility.

Without his mutant power he would have still been a genius.

With his mutant power he considers himself ugly.

If he could rid himself of his uglyness he would.

Yet he cares passionatley for the plight of mutants and how they are viewed in society. so he knows if he was to have his mutant power taken away he would be betraying his own kind.

A very complex character with many facets.

Far from a second string character.

Also, many of us who read comics in our later years of life as oppose to our teens, care deeply about the books. We can see ourselves in the characters and often use the storylines to explain issues we have to deal with in our own lives.

When others are rude or nasty about these characters, particularly the ones we feel close to, it can hurt us.

Now that out of my system, why do I keep going on about Beast being alive?

1: Most characters in comic books who are killed, end up coming back.

2: It is interesting to think of ways on how this return process would develop.

3: His death makes little or no sense, (although I'm sure somebody on this site is going to not agree with me on that).

4: There are several plotlines developing in all the Ultimate titles, that could potentially link into a return of Beast, (as we have all discussed earlier in this thread).

5: The whole point of these kind of forums is to raise debate and respect the views of others, not to just shout "BEAST IS DEAD ACCEPT IT!!!" Now I am as guilty of this as anyone, so lets all just try to calm down.

6: Finally, Beast is alive and we should all just accept it. :wink:

longshotjimlee said:
Wow.

Look you lot...

Everything I say on this site is said with my tounge ever so slightly in my cheek.

That is to say...

I totally can accept that Beast is dead.

I also totally believe that it was really cool killing him off.

I also totally believe that Beast is a fantastic character, he has managed to appear in 40 years of comics, he plays a pivitol role in Astonishing X-men, he featured in the Avengers Finale, he appears in countless other x-books, he is a wonderful character.

With his mutant power he is a great gymnastic athlete, with strength and agility.

Without his mutant power he would have still been a genius.

With his mutant power he considers himself ugly.

If he could rid himself of his uglyness he would.

Yet he cares passionatley for the plight of mutants and how they are viewed in society. so he knows if he was to have his mutant power taken away he would be betraying his own kind.

A very complex character with many facets.

Far from a second string character.

Also, many of us who read comics in our later years of life as oppose to our teens, care deeply about the books. We can see ourselves in the characters and often use the storylines to explain issues we have to deal with in our own lives.

When others are rude or nasty about these characters, particularly the ones we feel close to, it can hurt us.

Now that out of my system, why do I keep going on about Beast being alive?

1: Most characters in comic books who are killed, end up coming back.

2: It is interesting to think of ways on how this return process would develop.

3: His death makes little or no sense, (although I'm sure somebody on this site is going to not agree with me on that).

4: There are several plotlines developing in all the Ultimate titles, that could potentially link into a return of Beast, (as we have all discussed earlier in this thread).

5: The whole point of these kind of forums is to raise debate and respect the views of others, not to just shout "BEAST IS DEAD ACCEPT IT!!!" Now I am as guilty of this as anyone, so lets all just try to calm down.

6: Finally, Beast is alive and we should all just accept it. :wink:

Amen to that...

Beast is dead. Whether or not some anonymous writer decides to bring back Ultimate Hank McCoy at some point in the future has no baring on the fact that right now, this second...he's dead. End of story.

And LSJL, I think most of us have been discussing this topic with tongue planted in cheek. But that doesn't change the fact that we're right and Beast is dead. For now. :p

UltimateCharlieSheen said:
Beast is dead. Whether or not some anonymous writer decides to bring back Ultimate Hank McCoy at some point in the future has no baring on the fact that right now, this second...he's dead. End of story.

And LSJL, I think most of us have been discussing this topic with tongue planted in cheek. But that doesn't change the fact that we're right and Beast is dead. For now. :p

See, if we all just listen to UltimateCharlieSheen, we can live in peace!

Latest posts

Back