Ultimate Central: The Fanfic - volume 5

Ultimate Central: The Fanfic
Volume Five - Issue 33

UC33.jpg

Dr.Strangefate's epic storyline continues in part two of "His Dark Materials!"

The Dark Master of Mysticism has assembled his mighty team, and with the Avatars clueless to the problems around them, the Good Doctor's soldiers may be the sole Defenders of the Universe! With the largest army of Death Knights the world has ever seen, who can possibly resist the combined might of SlimJim, Doctor Strangefate, Ultimate Gambit, and the mysterious Shade? Well, aside from a soulless reality warping program hell-bent on the mass assimilation and destruction of all human data...

But again we must ask ourselves, what are the true motives of the mad Doctor Strangefate? What does he hope to gain by saving the world? There is also a greater mystery at hand... Who, or rather, What lays in bondage in the deep catacombs of the Doctor's inpeneterable tower, and what role does he play in the master plan of the devious Doctor Strangefate?

FIND OUT IN:

His Dark Materials Part Two
"Secrets and Sorcerers"

Last edited:
I originally wanted to have the entire team of Defenders on the cover, but that didn't work out so well....

People with eyes can point out that since the central character on the cover was clearly edited from SlimJim's old picture... we can assume that the figure is in fact SlimJim, and not Shade.

If I have to tell you who the Gambit character is, I'm going to shoot you.

heh.

Expect the issue up by midnight tonight.

Ya... That's ME! on the cover... I hope I don't stay bad for long I think I was finally getting good at being good. Doc I think this is one of my favorite arcs right next to Nur's this is stuff of legends. It is very mature.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I originally wanted to have the entire team of Defenders on the cover, but that didn't work out so well....

People with eyes can point out that since the central character on the cover was clearly edited from SlimJim's old picture... we can assume that the figure is in fact SlimJim, and not Shade.
Yeah, I figured that was SlimJim.
Dr.Strangefate said:
If I have to tell you who the Gambit character is, I'm going to shoot you.

heh.

Expect the issue up by midnight tonight.
Can't wait, but I'll have to read it tomorrow.:(:cry::(

When the site Ultimate Central began giving people incredible abilities, its creator Ultimate E created a team of heroes to bring justice to the world and deal with the astounding effects of the site. Icemastertron, Nurhachi, ProjectX2, and The Man Without Fear became the Avatars.

PREVIOUSLY IN ULTIMATE CENTRAL THE FANFIC:

The Dark Master of Mysticism has assembled his mighty team, and with the Avatars clueless to the problems around them, the Good Doctor's soldiers may be the sole Defenders of the Universe! With the largest army of Death Knights the world has ever seen, who can possibly resist the combined might of SlimJim, Doctor Strangefate, Ultimate Gambit, and the mysterious Shade? Well, aside from a soulless reality warping program hell-bent on the mass assimilation and destruction of all human data...

Lil Kis will not stop until the Universe is destroyed. Can these Defenders triumph over the being? And at what cost?

NURHACHI PRESENTS:
ULTIMATE CENTRAL THE FANFIC
VOLUME 5. CHAPTER 33
HIS DARK MATERIALS PART 2
"SECRETS AND SORCERERS"
BY DR STRANGEFATE

Deep within the dungeons of Doctor Strangefate's Tower sits a room ensnared in the darkest, oldest magic, the likes of which would bring Satan himself to his knees. In the room is a man like creature struggling against his cold iron chains, feeling the wood he is stretched across burn and splinter into his back. A drop of golden blood falls to the floor, and the creature begins to cry. Never before has he felt this much pain. Never before has he felt so exposed. His beautiful wings, which he had thought to be lost forever, had been given back to him chained in a cruel trick of fate. He saw the face of Shade in the corner of his eye and spat at him with the little saliva he could muster, managing only to catch his own battered chest.

The angel wheezed a sigh of pain, and hatred for his captor…

THE ANGEL: Strangefate… *wheeze*… you'll pay for this… I promise you that… I promise you… that.

…and it passed out from exhaustion.

---
Meanwhile, back at Ultimate Central

NURHACHI: Ice… Please, just pitch in a few dollars for a beer run.

ICEMASTERTRON: For the last time, no!

PROJECTX2: Oh, come on… why not?

ICEMASTERTRON: Last time he went on a drinking binge, he threw up all over my pants and shoes!

NURHACHI: I'm sure it was just an accident.

ICEMASTERTRON: He brought them with him to the bar!!

THEMANWITHOUTFEAR: Heh…

ICEMASTERTRON: See?! That's why I won't do it!

PROJECTX2: Come on… don't be such a prude.

ICEMASTERTRON: I'm not being a prude! I'm being an Adult!

DIRISHB: Pbbth… Prudey-head, Prudey-head!

ICEMASTERTRON: I am NOT a Prudey-Head!

MWOF: Good one, DIrishB

DIRISHB: Thanks, man.

ICEMASTERTRON: Argh! That wasn't a "good one!" What the hell is -wrong- with you people?

DIRISHB: Your Mom!!!

MWOF: Whoaaa!

They high fived each other.

ICEMASTERTRON: That's it! I'm going out to grab the things we need, and I'm NOT getting any beer!

Ice stormed out of the house, and the Avatars simply looked at each other and shrugged.

MWOF: Jerk… Whatever, the high lord and master of the Avatars demands we watch television!

Nurhachi grabbed the remote, and turned the TV on.

NEWSMAN A: …and now back to you in the studio!

NEWSMAN B: Thankoo Tom. Hee… Erm… In other noose… new… new-suh. Um… The gas money prices is like up from like a dollar to like a hundred dollars… isn't that… uh… weird?

CO-ANCHOR: ……yeaaaaah…

NEWSMAN B: Hehe… yeah. Wanna know what sounds like… really weird?

CO-ANCHOR: ……yeaaaaah…

NEWSMAN B: Woolooloolooloolooloo!!!! Woolooloolooloolooloo!!!! Woo--

Nurhachi turned off the TV.

PROJECTX2: Something's wrong…

DIRISHB: ……yeaaaaaaaaah…

---

In the Great Meeting Hall of Doctor Strangefate's Tower

SlimJim sat at one end of the table, his Death Knights standing frighteningly still. Amongst their ranks was the former leader of the Cabinet, Goodwill, who had garnered particular attention from Doctor Strangefate upon his arrival. The other prominent members amongst his ranks were his generals, Thee Great One, Irish4204, and Rene. But these super-powered beings were no longer the only Death Knights. In the night after meeting with the Good Doctor, he had visited graveyard after graveyard, calling the newly dead as his unwilling servants. His army was now well over a hundred.

SLIMJIM: Lord Strangefate, I've done as you suggested and gathered a mighty army which we may be able to overcome the… problem.

STRANGEFATE: Excellent work. Wouldn't you say so, Ultimate Gambit?

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: Yes, my Lord. Excellent.

Ultimate Gambit's eyes were hollow and unfocused, and as his comment he shifted back in his chair, facing straight forward. If his skin wasn't touched by a shade of pink in the cheeks, he would have been indistinguishable from SlimJim's hordes of the undead.

SLIMJIM: You know, Strangefate, I really can't help but comment on these… ahem. Decorations.

A hand gesture indicated the extraordinarily, almost impossibly detailed portraits of younger, shirtless, muscular men, each with a glowing purple ankh etched into their right breast. SlimJim had noticed them the moment he entered the room, and was unnerved by them. They gave him the distinct feeling of being watched, and every now and then he had seen the Doctor's eyes flicker to one, or another. Not in admiration, he observed, but as if to tell them to be still, and quiet.

The Good Doctor's face contorted once again into a wicked, playful grin.

STRANGEFATE: Now, now, Slim… These are from a lifetime ago, back when I was more of the partying type. I simply never had the heart to get rid of them, I suppose… You can't blame a man for being nostalgic, can you?

Strangefate's eyes burned red, and SlimJim felt an unnatural tension around his neck, like a noose being slowly tightened. He decided not to push the issue, but knew whole-heartedly that there was more to the pictures than he could see.

SLIMJIM: I suppose you are right, Lord Strangefate… Now, what of the plan?

STRANGEFATE: The Plan? Oh, yes, the Plan… Don't you worry your little head off… I'm getting to it.

---

Elsewhere

On the fringes of reality, the problem was growing, acquiring and simplifying information by the bundle. A great tremor shook the planes of existence as it yawned/cried/thought about the future/past/present.

LIL KIS: [//program/DataDrain_9.755%] Wit all dis info, i shood b able 2 undrastand all thins, but i stil dunno wats goin on N E mo! Wha's goin on, y'all, speek 2 mee!!1

It shook the world again with a great shout and began to yawn/cry/think about what to do next.

---

At the Extra-Planar doorway within the Tower of Strangefate

The Good Doctor marched his men to a great doorway situated on a pedestal in the middle of a circular room. He stood directly before the door, and took a deep breath.

STRANGEFATE: We March Willingly into oblivion. We accept the consequences of our actions. Gods of the Darkness, I DEMAND ENTRY!!!!

SLIMJIM: What are you…

STRANGEFATE: Silence!

A bright red gleam in his eyes, he shot an accusatory finger at SlimJim, who instantly found himself unable to speak.

STRANGEFATE: Lords of the Nine Circles! I am the Sorcerer Supreme of the Universe Three-Hundred and Twenty Three, Strangefate the Deceiver, I DEMAND ENTRY!!!!

At first nothing happened, then the doors shuddered as a great ancient voice filled the room with incomprehensible words. For a moment, the Good Doctor looked irritated, but then smiled as a purple glow engulfed him and lifted him up, off the ground.

STRANGEFATE: Well… I did ask nicely…SROOD NEPO!!!

A beam of purple-pink light shot from Strangefate's body and forced the doors open, creating a great vacuum that encaptured all of the army, and pulled them into oblivion. Strangefate found footing an a grandfather clock pulled with them into the nether-realms, but as the doors began to close, he realized that something must be done, or all would be lost.

STRANGEFATE: Sh-t… well, lets see… EMIT EZEERF!!!

And time froze around them. Doctor Strangefate was winded, blood running from his nose and mouth, but triumph gleamed red in his eyes.

SLIMJIM: Strangefate! Are you alright?!

Strangefate stood, a little unsteady, and spat the blood out into the ether. He was smiling madly.

STRANGEFATE: Are you kidding? I've never felt better in my life…

hehe cool, but you use Zatana's magic!!! lol that was cool

Wololololololololololololololololololololoolololoolololololo

Yeah it was awesome. The humor with the Avatars balances out the story with the "seriousness" of the rest of the story. It was awesome.:rockon::lol::rockon::lol::rockon:

Genius. WE need to kill the evil that is lil kis.z Is The Angel a lurker?

Last edited:
This sudden change with MWF acting like a teen with no seriousness....this is not normal... :shifty:

Good chapter.

slimjim said:
Genius. WE need to kill the evil that is lil kis.z Is The Angel a lurker?

Not in the least, you guys just don't know who it is yet.

It's someone big. I promise.

And MwoF is enjoying his newfound leadership, and is therefore acting less than totally mature.

He's also in dire need of beer.

Woo-boy. I -really- can't wait for the second half of this arc. That's when it actually gets dark, and you see why Doc's a baddie.

Last edited:
So, one of the programs is making everyone act nutty, Doctor Strangey is taking advantage and going to try to take over everyone's mind, and Ultimate Houde is still MIA

I love my character, ignores world destroying problems because he wants to save his girlfriend, even though if these problems do happen, they destroy the planet his girlfriend is one, but hey, what the hell. I will find her my sweet

AND NAME HER TOO!

BUWHAHAHAHAHHA!

And plus. Ultimate Houde would whoop any bad guy's ***

Latest posts

Back