Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (discussion/spoilers)

I will admit, Wikipedia is where I got that Marvel said that "Just Some Guy" was Ultimate Chameleon. That's probably null and void now. It would really sour my enjoyment of this arc if it ended up "connected" to "Public Scrutiny".

Yeah, the guy from the "Just Some Guy" arc was in fact just some guy. It was assumed (by fans) that it was Ultimate Chameleon merely because he mimicked Spider-Man's suit. It was never said to be Ultimate Chameleon by Bendis, Marvel, or anyone in an official capacity to make such statements.

Yeah, the guy from the "Just Some Guy" arc was in fact just some guy. It was assumed (by fans) that it was Ultimate Chameleon merely because he mimicked Spider-Man's suit. It was never said to be Ultimate Chameleon by Bendis, Marvel, or anyone in an official capacity to make such statements.

Actually... Bendis did say he was the Chameleon in an intervew a few years ago... But I think he was joking.

Actually... Bendis did say he was the Chameleon in an intervew a few years ago... But I think he was joking.

*sigh*

He was joking. If it was intended to actually be an Ultimization of Chameleon, it'd have been mentioned repeatedly in the solicits and interviews around that time as a way to promote the book. When else has a new Ultimization not been mentioned/promoted like crazy in interviews, solicits, etc? Hell, even the throwaway Ultimate Vulture got a mention in the solicits and a cover appearance or two, not to mention countless interviews with Bendis.

Point being, Bendis, Marvel, or anyone who works for Marvel wouldn't keep it a secret or unmentioned that the guy in Public Scrutiny was meant to be Ult. Chameleon. After all, we got plenty of warning this time, didn't we?

It wasn't Ultimate Chameleon in Public Scrutiny.

This is a silly conversation. I'm sure the public scrutiny story was inspired by the Chameleon. Whether or not they intended him to BE the Chameleon doesn't really matter b/c it was never said officially either way.

This is a silly conversation. I'm sure the public scrutiny story was inspired by the Chameleon. Whether or not they intended him to BE the Chameleon doesn't really matter b/c it was never said officially either way.

Exactly, it was probably inspired by Chameleon, but if it had actually been Ult Chameleon, it would have been mentioned officially.

And silly conversations are often the best conversations...more tea?

5385831_std.jpg

It's never really said that he did or not. It's leaning heavily on that Jameson did put it together or he was thinking Parker was someone else. Either way
Jameson was shot in the head at the end
so we may never know.

Gotta say I enjoyed the panel giving a nod to issue six of Ulitmate Spider-man :D

Wow. LaFuente just won me over, this issue was ****ing awesome. Great stuff here.

Wow. LaFuente just won me over, this issue was ****ing awesome. Great stuff here.

I agree I like where this is going. I think as time goes by LaFuente's art will improve.I have a strong feeling that kitty is gonna save him again. Since this is arc originally started with her it will probably end with her. I just hope she stays as a regular character in Ult comics spiderman, I would hate to see her leave.

Last edited:
I'm gonna say
that the JJJ that was shot
was probably another Chameleon and they were just trying to get into Peter's head to find out more info about Spider-Man.

Yeah seems so predictable but that cover is pretty sweet for the most part. The pic of Doc Ock is awesome. Reminds me of how great he was before he became Magocto. Kraven, however looks like a deranged rat.

Latest posts

Back